Who was your favorite vol to watch?

Casey "Iceman" Clausen especially on the road. Say what you will but the dude was fearless. Other fans hated him and he thrived on it.

Reactions: 2 people
Watching Reggie White destroy offensive lines all by himself was beauty in motion. His sportsmanship in helping them up from the ground was exemplary. All the while trying to win them to The Lord. Never a better man has played football at UT. He was a soul lost way too soon. Rest in peace our gentle giant. Sorely missed, never to be replaced.

Reactions: 7 people
Al Wilson without a doubt. He's the only guy I know that threw his shoulder out hitting the opposite player. Eric Berry and Inky Johnson would be there as well.

Recent- Deon Grant. He seemed to always come up with a turnover, especially fumble recoveries. Old school- Bill Bates.

Reactions: 1 person
Pickens, Carter, & Berry.

I know he wont make many lists on here, but I really enjoyed watching Ernest Fields. That guy could tackle. Looked like a cheap video game. Would make a bee line to runner, strike, latch on, runner goes straight down. No flash, just pure results.

+1 for Earnest Fields, he was a killer in High School also.

I always liked the go getters on Defense. I like to see opposing quarterbacks running for the locker room.

Attended my first UT game in 1964; so many great players, but Peyton is my choice...no brainer.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back