Too many ...

Streakin' Streater
Hacksaw Reynolds
Larry Seivers
Richmond Flowers
Bill Bates
Swamprat

on, and on ...

Definately Al Wilson because I knew him personally. Other than that, I loved watching Craig Faulkner for some reason, probably because I was young and impressionable at the time.

DeRon Jenkins--Mid 90's. I once had the opportunity to meet him after a game and told him he was my favorite player. He seemed so surprised, replying," I didn't know I was anybody's favorite player but my mama's!"

Reactions: 3 people
So many good names on here. But to be honest, first name I thought of was Eddie Brown, from back in the early 70s. A pretty darn good db, and on special teams, lost teeth blocking kicks, with never a whine about it.

Again :eek:lol: ? Darryl Hardy all day!
I loved my freshmen year and the 1990 team!
Go Vols!!

DeRon Jenkins--Mid 90's. I once had the opportunity to meet him after a game and told him he was my favorite player. He seemed so surprised, replying," I didn't know I was anybody's favorite player but my mama's!"

I had a class with "toast". He was a nice guy.
Vandy loved him as well :eek:lol:

I liked the unsung hero type players who always gave 100% every down.

Travis Stephens
Shawn Bryson
Fred White
Cedric Wilson
Will Overstreet

Reactions: 1 person
Reggie White. I used to take binoculars to the games and zoom in on him when the defense was on the field. He tossed 'em aside like ragdolls!

Reactions: 1 person
When I was a kid I loved to watch Tony Thompson. He only got to play a couple years but man, he hit the line of scrimmage like he was shot out of a cannon and if he got into the secondary you could forget it. I'll always remember him going "over the top" in the '91 Sugar Bowl vs. Virginia. A close second would be Carl Pickens or Cory Fleming.

Lot of great names on here.

I will say Andy Kelly, I always thought he started that long tradition of great QB's from the 90's-2000's. Won 2 SEC championships, although took over full time in middle of 89, I will still give him some credit for the 89 title.

VN Store

Back