Who Wants To Fire Butch?

Who Wants Butch Fired?

• Total voters
So, are you in the "Fire Butch" crowd?
I'm not going to be critical, just curious as to why so soon.

No ive said he should get 4 years unless something crazy happens or he does something stupid. Now i cant speak the same for the coordinators. With that being said ive yet to see anything that tells me CBJ will be here long term but on the flip I havent seen anything to make me think he wont

I like what Butch has done in his first year off the field, and I really think we are moving in the right direction. The thing is this, Butch stated that this team's goal was to make it to a bowl game. We aren't going to a bowl game. Team 117 failed. It's not an opionon it's a fact. No one in their right mind would want CBJ fired after 1 failure but to paint it as anything else is just as ludacris.

The honeymoon is over for this staff. They need a strong finish with this recruting class, we need to figure out our QB situation. Mostly though, Just win baby!

I'm no expert but from what I have read, some think that Hart's past with bama that he is here to destroy the program. I don't buy that one. Cheek, on the other hand, wants us to be the Harvard of the south making it damn near impossible to get the talent we need.

I thought it was because Hart looks like Frankenstein's monster.

dave-hart-addresses-the-media-at-the-press-conference-announcing-butch-jones.jpg

frankenstein.JPG

Reactions: 2 people
Serious question.
I see many people lash out at anyone that criticizes anything about this staff by claiming the critic wants Butch fired. Can anyone name the people who have wanted him fired? I mean someone who has actually posted these words? If you can name them and back it up, please post it up, or if you feel that way man up to it and post.
Honestly, outside of obvious trolls, I haven't seen anyone calling for Butch's head.

I have and will continue to talk trash about the program until they turn the corner, however I will give CBJ 3 years to make progress, but he has to move forward and not back! The seniors have the worst four year record in history at Tennessee.

Most of you posters show no knowledge when you criticize. That hurts the statement.

I can see how a blind follower, not necessarily you, could see it as no knowledge. We demand excellence. Anything else will be analyzed and criticized. The other side should not feel threatened by it.

I'll admit I got a little defensive with my support this team or get out thread. But I'm pretty sure I never accused anyone of wanting to fire Butch.

My problem with the fan base are the meltdowns after a tough loss. People go crazy with there thoughts on why we lost or what we should have done.

I honestly think this team has some serious lack of speed on defense, no play makers on offense, and they're just now learning how to work.

People react like this team was supposed to be a 10 win team. Going in to the season I thought at best we could win 7 games. I just think we should remember this will take some time to fix.

There is never an excuse to lose to vandy. Ever

Dude got outcoached that game plain and simple.

We talk about our 3-5 offensive plays all the time. What about vandy. They ran about 3 that night. If i had to watch one more screen pass go 10 yards i was gonna scream. And all the backup qb did was run the ball. Every time. Every time. Still havnt defended it

I have and will continue to talk trash about the program until they turn the corner, however I will give CBJ 3 years to make progress, but he has to move forward and not back! The seniors have the worst four year record in history at Tennessee.

Especially when your being outcoached. Heaven forbid we lose to kentucky this weekend.

The fact this thread remained civil is a miracle. As I've said on a couple threads it's too early to give up on this staff. I agree with 2015 being the year that we may all have a solid opinion on CBJ, if not him then definitely his assistants.

I like what Butch has done in his first year off the field, and I really think we are moving in the right direction. The thing is this, Butch stated that this team's goal was to make it to a bowl game. We aren't going to a bowl game. Team 117 failed. It's not an opionon it's a fact. No one in their right mind would want CBJ fired after 1 failure but to paint it as anything else is just as ludacris.

The honeymoon is over for this staff. They need a strong finish with this recruting class, we need to figure out our QB situation. Mostly though, Just win baby!

I agree.
Butch said that this year's goal was a bowl game. It's not going to happen. That is failure in it's simplest form.
Fire him for it? No.
If that is the case next year or perhaps two years? The serious debate begins.

Can someone elaborate on why these two need to go? It continues to pop up with no supporting information.

Cheek has put additional pressures on the football team through academics which may or may not be hindering the recruiting and rebuilding process.

Hart failed to get the "big fish" everyone was clamoring for last season and we ended up competing with Colrado and Cincinatti for Jones.

Side bar: my handle was and always has been intended as tongue in cheek towards all the people who were in the know that Gruden or any of the other "big fish" were coming.

I don't want him fired. My biggest concern is that he may be loyal to a fault, and someone on his staff will have him in hot water after next year.

The O-line coach and Def Coordinator have him facing the criticism now

Serious question.
I see many people lash out at anyone that criticizes anything about this staff by claiming the critic wants Butch fired. Can anyone name the people who have wanted him fired? I mean someone who has actually posted these words? If you can name them and back it up, please post it up, or if you feel that way man up to it and post.
Honestly, outside of obvious trolls, I haven't seen anyone calling for Butch's head.

Just think if Alabama had fired Saban after one year. And not waited until he got his recruits in there.

No coach is above and beyond criticism.

If a team under performs and disappoints a fan base, the fan base has the right to voice their concerns and criticisms.

That's my biggest problem dating back to Fulmer with Vol Nation and all of the other sites though. You have a highly vocal faction of Vol fans that think anything negative spoken or typed about a coach is an affront to the program and many of them take it far too personally.

Do I want Jones fired? Absolutely not.

I never expected him to be a miracle worker but I haven't seen much of anything to suggest he is the answer either.

Tough schedule or not, to not even show up for games the last month and then to lay a brick(pun intended) against a beatable Vandy team with a bowl on the line raises some serious questions about him and his staff.

And the problem I see for next season is that there will be many more roster questions than there was heading into this season. The O line is over rated, the d line under performs, extend whatever criticism you see fit.... they are not going to easily replace that kind of experience.

I expect we will be having similar discussions this time next year.

There is never an excuse to lose to vandy. Ever

Dude got outcoached that game plain and simple.

We talk about our 3-5 offensive plays all the time. What about vandy. They ran about 3 that night. If i had to watch one more screen pass go 10 yards i was gonna scream. And all the backup qb did was run the ball. Every time. Every time. Still havnt defended it

I agree to have the mentality to never lose to Vandy. That's the only way a competitor should think. But if you think we should beat them no matter what players each team has, then no I don't agree with that. As bad as I hate to admit it, they have more playmakers. Plain and simple.

No, no one should want Butch fired at this point. When things aren't going well, some just want to remove whoever is most prominent. The first part of the season, many were yelling for Worley's head. Most of them wanted Dobbs ... not Ferguson. For some unknown reason they decided Dobbs was the man they needed. They never took into account that, by all indications, he appeared to be the fourth string QB. They just wanted Dobbs. Now they want Ferguson or Worley back.

The O-line coach and Def Coordinator have him facing the criticism now

The above is my concern. I do not question Butch's ability to coach , but I am concerned about his loyalty to his staff. It was always my opinion that Chaney would be the cause of Dooley decline . I still firmly believe this. I sure hope Butch does not let this happen to him.

Serious question.

Haven't read every post...but there is one that's just itching to say the words...sjt18(aka bamawriter).

VN Store

Back