Who Redshirts this year?

We'll my understanding is it's not like you just say I redshirt them then they can't play its just the coaches make and intentional effort not to let them play on special teams or in mop-up duty. If you don't play and you have never redshirted its automatic with maybe a little paperwork after the reason... right?

Yeah. Coaches discuss before the season who they think needs another year to develop, and they try to avoid using them. Then at the end of the season, I'm sure there's some form to be filled out. But it's simply a formality.

Because of Dooley's recruit.

Just stop Peterman has endured enough crap already not to mention he is one play away from being our starting quarterback. Dooley sucked we get it but that doesn't mean all of his recruits do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Just stop Peterman has endured enough crap already not to mention he is one play away from being our starting quarterback. Dooley sucked we get it but that doesn't mean all of his recruits do.

Adding a "Dooley sucks" comment to a post is the equivalent of Billy Madison yelling Knibb High School Football RULES!!!!

It is worthless... but sure to get mindless applause from some.

Reactions: 2 people
Charles Mosley-100% sure
Treyvon Paulk-90% sure his knee needs more time

Until I hear of other injury issues, I really can't think of any others.

Charles Mosley-100% sure
Treyvon Paulk-90% sure his knee needs more time

Until I hear of other injury issues, I really can't think of any others.

Creamer and Johnson are both playing new positions. And I believe both are buried on the depth chart.

Really? It doesnt make much sense to red shirt the only other QB on the roster that has extensive game experience.

Makes a lot of sense to red shirt Dobbs if you can. Need about 10 redshirts this year to balance the roster can't have all the 2014 class leaving at once. Assuming Dobbs redshirts, that gives us another QB to balance the roster with no recruits in 2014 and Ferguson leaving.

Creamer and Johnson are both playing new positions. And I believe both are buried on the depth chart.

When I look at Creamer's film, I see a guy who would make a dynamic TE. And though they have been moving him around, I think that is where he ends up long term.

Not sure which Johnson you are referring to. Bottom line is you only get one red shirt year. And the idea of red shirting someone just to spread out a class when anyone can get hurt and lose a year of eligibility later on is not a smart move.

Adding a "Dooley sucks" comment to a post is the equivalent of Billy Madison yelling Knibb High School Football RULES!!!!

It is worthless... but sure to get mindless applause from some.

And we award him no points..., and may God have mercy on his soul

Only a few players.. we will end up having to play almost everyone due to depth problems

When I look at Creamer's film, I see a guy who would make a dynamic TE. And though they have been moving him around, I think that is where he ends up long term.

Not sure which Johnson you are referring to. Bottom line is you only get one red shirt year. And the idea of red shirting someone just to spread out a class when anyone can get hurt and lose a year of eligibility later on is not a smart move.

If you don't redshirt as a freshman, you can still redshirt later on. Johnson is the DE from Germany. If someone gets hurt you brin them in the game if you need to. If they don't redshirt this season, you can always try again next year.

I know he's gotten raves this fall but I see absolutely no reason Wharton shouldn't be redshirted.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it would be fun to bring this thread back three weeks into the season. Who is off the list and who is on that we didn't expect.
Have you Seen Paulk or Scott at RB?
Did Dontavius Blair play Saturday?
I know I saw Wharton play..

VN Store

Back