Who Redshirts this year?

Maybe Scott if his medical continues to be an issue in practice. And I'll go out on a limb and say Elliot Berry if the coach riding his butt is any indication of how he is performing.

This morning, on the radio, Jimmy Hyams said that Lane was #1, Hurd was # 2, D. Young was # 3 and Scott was #4 in the running back rotation.
Scott is just like Lane. He can catch well. can run well but doesn't have blazing speed, etc. etc.

Reactions: 1 person
This morning, on the radio, Jimmy Hyams said that Lane was #1, Hurd was # 2, D. Young was # 3 and Scott was #4 in the running back rotation.
Scott is just like Lane. He can catch well. can run well but doesn't have blazing speed, etc. etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Scott green shirt again yesterday? I thought I saw that in one of the threads.

ETA: Never mind:

Fast Five: Tennessee Vols football Thursday practice

Freshman tailback Derrell Scott was again in “The Hole” injury area for Thursday’s practice, and his ailment still hasn’t been explained. That’s not that surprising, though, considering Jones hasn’t been quite as willing to discuss certain injuries throughout this camp — though he has mentioned at least a few.

Call me crazy but if Peterman is really #2 any chance Dobbs can redshirt?
(Hides and waits to be mocked)

Well, yes, but when you're only one play away from only having one QB, don't think it would be a good idea to redshirt Dobbs. It could come off pretty quickly, anyway, God forbid.

GO VOLS!

It also says something about the caliber of players in the 2014 class. So yes, it is impressive.

I agree we have some great players coming in this year. But, that doesn't take away from the fact that in years past there would be significantly more true freshman redshirting as opposed to starting. Again, it's not a negative comment about the players, it's a true statement about the state of our depth because of inept recruiting from the former "coaching" staff.

Well, yes, but when you're only one play away from only having one QB, don't think it would be a good idea to redshirt Dobbs. It could come off pretty quickly, anyway, God forbid.

GO VOLS!

Or you just end up doing what was done last year with Ferg and Dobbs. Don't play either in hopes of getting to the end of the season without burning their redshirt. Obviously that isn't the case with Dobbs and Ferg was injured, but the intent was there.

Reactions: 2 people

Would be an excellent idea actually. They could still pull it off if both Worley and Peterman get hurt. There's something wrong with Dobbs' accuracy. It almost has to be something he's been trying to change since spring... but it looks really ugly at times. A RS year would help him and the team if he runs the scout team.

Wiesman is #1 G/C backup. Small chance Coleman Thomas redshirts and that would mean OLine doing good and staying healthy.

Wiesman's dinged up and wasting a year...he should be at least a two year starter...which doesn't happen if he backs up Jackson and Crowder for the next two years. If they can gut out a redshirt year, like they did with Jackson, it only benefits the player AND the program.

That's interesting. Scott was supposed to be quick and fast, right? Paulk was supposed to be the bruiser.

That's interesting. Scott was supposed to be quick and fast, right? Paulk was supposed to be the bruiser.

From what I saw in practice, he (Scott) has footwork that looks like Neal. And can pour on some speed when he needs it.

Either way, sitting him for a year with a medical redshirt won't give up much as we have Lane, Hurd and Young to take up the slack.

Injury dependent on that list of course.

all of the seniors except AJ, lane and Worley will redshirt. That way next year they can still not play but at least they will be on a winning team.

GO VOLS!

They will redshirt Dobbs until they don't . I other words if Worley and or Peterman stay healthy all year then Dobbs redshirts . If both get injured then he doesn't

Maybe Scott if his medical continues to be an issue in practice. And I'll go out on a limb and say Elliot Berry if the coach riding his butt is any indication of how he is performing.

Elliott , I don't believe will RS . Butch is just letting him know he is in college now and not high school . He may even be in the two deep

GO VOLS!

You go in with the intent of redshirting him. If injuries happen and you have to go to him.....then obviously he doesn't redshirt.

You can "pull" the redshirt at any time. Redshirts still practice as normal.

From what I saw in practice, he (Scott) has footwork that looks like Neal. And can pour on some speed when he needs it.

Either way, sitting him for a year with a medical redshirt won't give up much as we have Lane, Hurd and Young to take up the slack.

Injury dependent on that list of course.

If he needs a RS, Pickett could be good enough for the #4 spot. Summerhill, who seems to have been at UT forever, is also a guy who could chip in a little.

If Worley goes does down at any point this year (fingers crossed he doesn't), I hope Peterman is the next man up for two reasons: 1.) I would like to think he would relish the opportunity to redeem himself after his outing in The Swamp last year. No player wants to leave that as their only mark on a program. Plus, his athleticism is serviceable and has better arm strength than Dobbs at this point. 2.) Dobbs could benefit greatly from a redshirt year to mature physically and mentally (within the offense, obviously he's a genius in the classroom).

Would be awesome if Kamara was here this year. We'd be just as stacked as UGA at RB.

Elliott , I don't believe will RS . Butch is just letting him know he is in college now and not high school . He may even be in the two deep

I still haven't heard much about Evan. Is he gonna be a special teams guy or does he have a chance to redshirt?

If he needs a RS, Pickett could be good enough for the #4 spot. Summerhill, who seems to have been at UT forever, is also a guy who could chip in a little.

Forgot about Summerhill.

Haven't heard much of him out of fall camp.

Actually, it may be a great thing if he could redshirt (if he's okay with it). On the other hand, there's a fair chance we'll need more than two quarterbacks playing a significant number of snaps (though I hope not). Are we really okay with giving Wegzyn more than token playing time?

VN Store

Back