Who is your top choice for a replacement?

Who is your top choice for a replacement?

• Jeff Walz

• Kellie Harper

• A top mid-major coach Fortier, Baranczyk, Krieger or Banghart

• Other (please post who)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know. I just mean he wouldn't be able to talk to Walz while he was in LVille because Walz hasn't been in LVille while Fulmer is in town.

Yes he has, the team didn’t fly out until yesterday afternoon. I also watched all the videos of the team exiting the plane and I didn’t see Walz. It’s entirely possible he took a separate, private flight. He’s in the photos later with the team at the venue in Albany.

No she’s the assistant head coach. His top assistant. Purcell is an associate coach. White is an associate head coach. It also appears Purcell is on the move.
You are wrong. Stephanie Norman is first assistant, Purcell is second and Sam was third. You need to know basketball better than this or what a website says. Those that are in the game knows who does what........

You are wrong. Stephanie Norman is first assistant, Purcell is second and Sam was third. You need to know basketball better than this or what a website says. Those that are in the game knows who does what........

I can read I can assure you. The website states Norman: Associate Head Coach Purcell: Associate Coach Williams: Assistant Coach. Those are their titles. Fact remains that they’re jumping ship like rats.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Doesn’t Fulmer have to talk to Louisville AD first? Idk how these things work?
But yes I am pleased that Fulmer wants us to regain that powerhouse we are!
It’s the customary courtesy that I’m sure he’d extend. It not a “have to” thing.

Man, the anti-Walz are in full force on the Lady Vol page book. They are dredging up a lot of stuff from his days as a Maryland assistant and the Wiley-Gatewood transfer embellished with lots of vague references to him being "unethical" and you know, he'll kill our 100 graduate rate and all kinds of other dire warnings.

It seems that this sect is dead set that the hire MUST be another LV, which effectively means either Harper or Fargas.

I get that social media is not a representative sample but those LV fans really get in touch with reality.

Last edited:
Man, the anti-Walz are in full force on the Lady Vol page book. They are dredging up a lot of stuff from his days as a Maryland assistant and the Wiley-Gatewood transfer embellised with lots of vague references to him being "unethical" and you know, he'll kill our 100 graduate rate and all kinds of other dire warnings.

It seems that this sect is dead set that the hire MUST be another LV, which effectively means either Harper or Fargas.

I get that social media is not a representative sample but those LV fans really get in touch with reality.

Yes, they’re all drinking the coolaid Maria Cornelius mixes up. She seems obsessed that it’s another Lady Vol and specifically a female. Which I find offensive and ridiculous. It’s about coaching basketball, not genitalia. The sport has come a long way.

The only possible former Lady Vol is Jolly-Haper and I don’t think she’s even close to in the running on credentials alone. The only thing she has in her favor is being a former Lady Vol.

Walz’s players at Louisville seem to have loved playing for him which is a good sign. I could care less about the rest of the nonsense. If it wasn’t bad enough to prevent him becoming a very successful coach at Louisville the why should it have any bearing on the decision now?

And the Wiley Gatewood thing was literally a DECADE ago. Get over it. Plus at the end of the day, the player is the one that made the decision. And I’d love to have a coach who cares enough about winning to poach a player. Maybe not ethical but none of them would be complaining if it had been the other way around.

There is some buzz around Niele Ivey (former WNBA player and assistant at Notre Dame where she also player her college ball) as another front runner (i.e., the plan B if Walz does not materialize).

The connection with N.D. and her WNBA cred are all pluses but I am not as excited about going with another assistant unless she is just one of those amazing individuals who know won't fail.

But, as more and more about Holly's program is coming out; the team needs someone who will run a proverbial tight ship.

Lot of rumors now floating that some players on the team were into the partying scene much more than they should have been. Not sure if true but it would fit with Evina's comments about needing to clean up "off the court stuff."

There is some buzz around Niele Ivey (former WNBA player and assistant at Notre Dame where she also player her college ball) as another front runner (i.e., the plan B if Walz does not materialize).

The connection with N.D. and her WNBA cred are all pluses but I am not as excited about going with another assistant unless she is just one of those amazing individuals who know won't fail.

But, as more and more about Holly's program is coming out; the team needs someone who will run a proverbial tight ship.

Lot of rumors now floating that some players on the team were into the partying scene much more than they should have been. Not sure if true but it would fit with Evina's comments about needing to clean up "off the court stuff."

Wow. Where did you hear that some of the players were out partying a lot?
I mean I’m not surprised if it’s true. A lot of the players seemed a step slow on defense.

My sources are certainly not ironclad. It is some scuttlebutt from the LV facebook page, though from some posters who have in the past seemed to be in the "know."

Normally, I would not have repeated such gossip but it does fit with Evina's comments and it also fits with the LVs have so many games where they looked so unusually lethargic or had inexplicably bad starts.

And such lack of discipline would likely carry over and impact the quality of practice and so on.

Reactions: ksl415
Yes he has, the team didn’t fly out until yesterday afternoon. I also watched all the videos of the team exiting the plane and I didn’t see Walz. It’s entirely possible he took a separate, private flight. He’s in the photos later with the team at the venue in Albany.

Maybe he stayed on the plane for half an hour talking to Loretta Lynch?

And the athletic director from a school in the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament was actually spotted at the game! Wow! Some nefarious goings-on, there!

Re: rumors...I actually have a live source who has heard some specific behind-the-scene rumors from supposedly-informed sources, but it's still unconfirmed hearsay.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Chances of her beating Tara are slim to none and none just left. Tara doesn’t lose to inferior competition like Missouri State, they’re easily defendable and she’ll have a game plan which her players will execute. Conversely, Missouri State does not match up well at all defensive with Stanford. 20 point spread or more in that contest is my prediction.

Regardless, we're all pulling hard for any former Lady Vol coach to succeed.

Right?

Man, the anti-Walz are in full force on the Lady Vol page book. They are dredging up a lot of stuff from his days as a Maryland assistant and the Wiley-Gatewood transfer embellished with lots of vague references to him being "unethical" and you know, he'll kill our 100 graduate rate and all kinds of other dire warnings.

Saw that. All I know is whoever it is needs to be a hard*** disciplinarian and whoever it is better win. We all know winning is the cure. As much as I’ve hated to see the undeserved personal insults agains HW, I know what would have stopped it. I think people are just scared, but Pat’s legacy will never die.

Last edited:
I can read I can assure you. The website states Norman: Associate Head Coach Purcell: Associate Coach Williams: Assistant Coach. Those are their titles. Fact remains that they’re jumping ship like rats.

Thats exactly what I said......and only one coach has been named a head coach. You would think thats a good thing to have coaches on staff that are getting jobs( none of which has anything to do with Jeff Walz leaving for us if that were to happen).

Saw that. All I know is like whoever it is needs to be a hard*** disciplinarian and whoever it is better win. We all know winning is the cure. As much as I’ve hated to see the undeserved personal insults agains HW, I know what would have stopped it. I think people are just scared, but Pat’s legacy will never die.

I’m still waiting on those calling him names to show me one shred of proof to support their negativity

Reactions: VolBall09
Wes Moore does have Tennessee connections too. I think both of his graduate degrees are from the University of Tennessee. I think Lawson could handle the head job herself.
Think so too, but you don’t want her learning on the job as a HC.

Reactions: VolBall09
I’m still waiting on those calling him names to show me one shred of proof to support their negativity

I think Fulmer will consider all points of view and concerns and in the end will make the hire he feels will get it done. I think we can agree - when he was let go, the wrong hire was made and it snowballed from there. He knows he must get this right.... and he will.

Regardless, we're all pulling hard for any former Lady Vol coach to succeed.

Right?

Of course I’ll hope with all hope the next coach is successful, regrdless. I really think it’s time for a real change though.

Part of Holly’s problem was that the jig was up on Lady Vol Basketball by the time she took over. People had finally figured out how to start beating us and “playing hard” wasn’t cutting it anymore. Holly did make an attempt to switch things up a little bit, but it was never effective.

You can see the very same thing starting to happen to UCONN as well. I’m not saying they’re going to take a hard left turn to the South, but teams this year didn’t look afraid of them anymore. They may have only lost two games this season, but they did lose those two and it’s because people finally understand how they’re playing and how to beat it. The game evolves.

Nobody fears the Lady Vol brand anymore, used to be the bright orange jersey and TENNESSEE across the front was almost enough on its own. We need someone who can bring the fear factor back. I want people to dread playing us, not to feel like they already know what’s coming.

VN Store

Back