Who is your new team moving forward

I’m a UT fan. That includes the entire school, and all the sports. I don’t have another team. I might become apathetic towards the football program because it is so very hard to watch. Even then, I’m still a fan. If you jump ship, then you were never a true fan. Pruitt will get his opportunity, and each of us will support the team as best we can. I will still watch UT games, but I reserve the right to turn the channel or turn the TV off. I can only torture myself so much. It’s a good thing the Braves are winning right now, SMH.

That’s right! Being a fan is like being a member of a family: I may not always agree with my brothers or even like them all the time, but when push comes to shove I’ll always be there for them if they really need me. And right now, Tennessee Volunteer Football needs its family.

If we turned our backs on Tennessee now, we’d be the WORST kind of “family” — the kind who only loves each other conditionally, which isn’t love at all.

Or, maybe a military analogy would work better for some. Imagine that Tennessee football has been deeply wounded and lay bleeding pretty bad. Does anyone really want to be the soldier who leaves his wounded buddy laying there to die alone? Nope! We have to run back into the jungle amid the firestorm, hoist it onto our shoulders, and, if necessary, die ourselves while trying to hump it out of there. You do NOT leave your guys behind!

Last edited:
I’ll always be a Vol.

But to avoid a mental breakdown over this year and probably next, I’m going to watch Oklahoma...,I’d love to see Hurts have his chance. I also like Oregon. And LSU looks pretty good

Born with UT orange blood pumping through my veins and will be a Vol fan until the day I die. Will trudge through watching every game possible this year and for years to come. We didn't get this bad overnight, and it will not get fixed overnight. Don't care what anyone says, IT HAS BEEN, IS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stuck between Auburn, LSU and Oklahoma. Heavy lean toward OU
OU for me, Hurtz getting revenge against Bama will be epic. But I like LSU's coach cookie monster ok. But it will be a year to year thing for me, I will just root for who I feel like at that time cause things change. These are not my new teams. Just somebody interesting and relevant to watch. Why even watch the Vols? I don't want to see this anymore. I will only watch next week if I get to see a new QB1.

I am stuck with Orange blood, but I do not want to go around cursing our players, which is about the only thing they will ever be good for. So I am lost in this world and do not know what to do. Of course I have other interests, but they do not take the Tennessee out of me. Maybe I can muster a little enthusiasm for the Tarheels. We may as well throw a termite tent over the stadium and ship the team off to mental institutions, where they can take their meds and slobber all day long, staring into the air like they do on game days. It is cruel, really, to ask those guys to play real football, when they cannot learn.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
There isn't enough alcohol in the state to make this program watchable. I'm out.

GOOD RIDDANCE! Please delete your VolNation account to keep us from seeing all your negative posts!!! Everyone can be negative at times. But, you would make a sunny day look like rain!!!

Reactions: TennTom
I as a Tennessee to Florida transplant kinda like UFC. That being said I love the Vols and bleed orange and white. If UFC were as bad as the Vols right now I’d jump ship. I’m still on board with the boys though.

I don't have a new team. It has been Tennessee since I was old enough to watch football back in the 1970s. Do have teams I like watching when Tennessee isn't on.
Purdue is a favorite. Love Brohm's offensive coaching ability. The show that team puts on is far more entertaining than the general snooze-fest that is B1G football. Reminds me of some of the things Spurrier was doing at Duke years ago.

West Point will always be close to the heart because of their contribution to Tennessee football and the quality of leadership they have produced over the years for service to the nation. Monken is a strong coach, someone who has been able to adapt to the rules changes the whiner bunch (Clemson) are always laying down against triple option teams.

Mississippi State is there for me as well and I've been fortunate to visit there. The cowbells. The bakery. The pure hatred that is the Egg Bowl. A program that has experienced a sustained run of good results because they hire experienced personnel prepared to run their football operation.

Can't root for another team. This is my school.

With that said, Predators hockey starts soon and the Titans may be decent this year.

VN Store

Back