Who Is This Coach....

that win was their whole season. they played about 4000 light years over their heads. something was responsible

Stanford played a million light years over their heads against USC. It's college football. It doesn't always take a strange coaching move. Weird stuff just happens.

Weren't they missing their 1st string running back & WR for the first 4 games of the season?
how does that explain the game at Arky? that was the worst offensive game I've ever attended.

bottom line is that cox was atrocious.

sounds like your probably supportive of the Fulmer regime

Obviously that post was sarcastic... Actually I want Fulmer out...

As for the Georgia Florida game, I think Richt did a fabulous job getting the team ready for the game. I just think the celebration was unnecessary.

The rest of the story is that Richt has acknowledged that he didn't even orchestrate the players running onto the field. He told the team that after the first TD he was going to be disappointed if there wasn't a celebration penalty. He had no idea that his team was going to take it that far over the top.

The rest of the story is that Richt has acknowledged that he didn't even orchestrate the players running onto the field. He told the team that after the first TD he was going to be disappointed if there wasn't a celebration penalty. He had no idea that his team was going to take it that far over the top.
I understand that. However, what the players took from it was that the implications of the game were enormous. What transpired loosened that team up and motivated them in one fell swoop.

I'm not some huge advocate and donamt want to see it again, but as a one off, spontaneous event, it worked as intended.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it may have helped their overall attitude a little, but overall I think it's impact has been completely overblown. The idea that UGA needs to do something to be awakened to the fact that the Florida game is a big one is a little silly to me.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it may have helped their overall attitude a little, but overall I think it's impact has been completely overblown. The idea that UGA needs to do something to be awakened to the fact that the Florida game is a big one is a little silly to me.
after two bad Ls that early in the season, they could have gone either way. Richt's point that big games still were big games resonated.

Like I said earlier, the idea that UGA needed something to get them jacked up about playing Florida is a little silly to me.

IMO the best move Richt made all year wasn't the celebration or the black jerseys, it was relinquishing the playcalling duties to an OC.

Like I said earlier, the idea that UGA needed something to get them jacked up about playing Florida is a little silly to me.

IMO the best move Richt made all year wasn't the celebration or the black jerseys, it was relinquishing the playcalling duties to an OC.
i don't know that it was silly after being killed in Knoxville and getting beaten in Athens by SC.

No doubt the OC playcalling was the right move.

I thought Richt gave up playcalling duties before the season even started. I guess that's incorrect. When exactly did he let his OC take control?

VN Store

Back