Who is the d-line coach CBS mentioned?

It would be a completely Tennessee thing to do for Pruitt to hire Davis and then him end up getting in trouble with the NCAA again.

Still too much baggage and he is a Pruitt contact which appears to not be working out for us well much at the moment. (Ex. Weinke). I would rather see someone get a job on merit than just an old Pruitt acquaintance. It’s similar to nepotism.

Maybe you need to truly know the definition of nepotism because your example ain’t it. All HC hire guys in their Rolodex which they’ve been around at some point in their careers. Also I’m not sure why you named Weinke. He is coaching a guy who’s best is our worse and has as many say Given his all. Kid just not good and his position group has been limited to injuries and COVID. So again gv me another irrelevant response because I know it’s coming. We lost to UGA and Bama ok relax. Ky beat us due to qb mistakes. That’s on the coaches. We have 2 yrs left in a rebuild plan deal with it or find another team.

Maybe you need to truly know the definition of nepotism because your example ain’t it. All HC hire guys in their Rolodex which they’ve been around at some point in their careers. Also I’m not sure why you named Weinke. He is coaching a guy who’s best is our worse and has as many say Given his all. Kid just not good and his position group has been limited to injuries and COVID. So again gv me another irrelevant response because I know it’s coming. We lost to UGA and Bama ok relax. Ky beat us due to qb mistakes. That’s on the coaches. We have 2 yrs left in a rebuild plan deal with it or find another team.
I said similar to Nepotism. Read the post again. I agree with what you are saying about Weinke. He may or not be good but many here are calling for his job. I meant to say Friend who is being criticized by many just like Weinke. I also know Pruitt is here theu 2021 minimum so your not telling me or anyone else new information. I still do not believe we have to settle with someone with recruiting infractions. There are options out there without the baggage. How many people does Saban have in his staff with recruiting violations? How many does Swinmey have?

How can dl coach help our qb?

Not in the sense you are thinking of but ok. Say a QB is struggling and not playing well. But the DL is playing very well. Creating havok in the backfield, pressuring the Qb, stuffing the RB etc. Say that DL is one of the major driving forces that causes the defense to create 3 and outs. Like Auburn did a couple of years ago. Now that could ease a QBs mind a little. It could give him a little confidence that if he continues to struggle, the defense will help me out. If a new DL coach can get this DL playing much better, those things could happen.

Reactions: Catfishvfl
Do we want a guy with prior recruiting violations?
Yes, If you ain't cheating...you ain't trying.
Do you think our competitors give a hoot about stinking rules?
The secret is to not get caught and if you do to make it go away.
Let the dumb ass fans say what they will about Phil but he knows what it takes to get top talent.
Coach Pruitt came from Alabama they invented cheating there and have perfected it since.
To win at the top level, you have to get the best of the best players by doing whatever it takes.

I still believe there are quality coaches out there without recruiting violations. That is the direction I would take.

dl coach is not going to help our qb situation.

It definitely could and again here’s another non-football knowledge post. A better DL makes it a lesser requirement for the offense to score points because games are won in the trenches despite all the glit and glamour ppl see in skill guys. If our DL plays well and gets push and the opponents are punting more frequent because they can’t get 1st down then the sorry qb doesn’t have as much pressure

Reactions: m1al
I said similar to Nepotism. Read the post again. I agree with what you are saying about Weinke. He may or not be good but many here are calling for his job. I meant to say Friend who is being criticized by many just like Weinke. I also know Pruitt is here theu 2021 minimum so your not telling me or anyone else new information. I still do not believe we have to settle with someone with recruiting infractions. There are options out there without the baggage. How many people does Saban have in his staff with recruiting violations? How many does Swinmey have?

Friend is a JAG coach who has never been anything special which is why he was let go at UGA. He’s neither of what you need on staff in a recruiter or great teacher of his group. Nobody in America cares about recruiting violations as EVERYONE is committing them. As far as Saban and Dabo they are doing them same illegal things that every top recruiting school is doing. Do you think UNC is just blazing the recruiting trail by being priest or angels? Recruiting is a dirty world in which kids get paid to visit, flight paid for illegally, given this or that on visits, and so on. A NC winning HC once told me hey baby if you’re not cheating then you’re not trying. If you’re not trying they hv a pink slip waiting on you within 3-5 yrs. sorry t ruin your holy Sunday but I have seen it all and know EVERYONE does it at all levels.

Reactions: Catfishvfl
That can also recruit - Rocker was competent

I liked Rocker - thought he had the guys playing up to their potential. But in every business the new boss tends to bring in his people and that's definitely True in football.

They were talking about Lance Thompson.

The SEC would have to approve his hiring because he has had an NCAA show-cause and the commissioner has to sign off on any coach with a show cause coming into the conference, even if the penalty has expired.

I believe that Thompson will be a candidate in the offseason, but I believe they will wait until the offseason because Lupoi and a couple of other guys that Pruitt has a relationship with may be available in December.

I feel like some of you missed this post.

I'd totally be good with Lance. He was great for us the first 2 times he was here.

Friend is a JAG coach who has never been anything special which is why he was let go at UGA. He’s neither of what you need on staff in a recruiter or great teacher of his group. Nobody in America cares about recruiting violations as EVERYONE is committing them. As far as Saban and Dabo they are doing them same illegal things that every top recruiting school is doing. Do you think UNC is just blazing the recruiting trail by being priest or angels? Recruiting is a dirty world in which kids get paid to visit, flight paid for illegally, given this or that on visits, and so on. A NC winning HC once told me hey baby if you’re not cheating then you’re not trying. If you’re not trying they hv a pink slip waiting on you within 3-5 yrs. sorry t ruin your holy Sunday but I have seen it all and know EVERYONE does it at all levels.

2 things from your post:
I know for a FACT that a certain defensive target that was deciding between us and UNC wound up going to UNC because of a 5 figure cash payment. I can only imagine what those frauds are doing now.

Next thing: What do you think makes the difference in signing classes when everyone is doing everything thing they can to bring in talent? Are the deals sweeter, is it the coaching, getting to the League faster, facilities, women... etc?

Interested to hear what you think makes the biggest impact on recruiting. TIA

2 things from your post:
I know for a FACT that a certain defensive target that was deciding between us and UNC wound up going to UNC because of a 5 figure cash payment. I can only imagine what those frauds are doing now.

Next thing: What do you think makes the difference in signing classes when everyone is doing everything thing they can to bring in talent? Are the deals sweeter, is it the coaching, getting to the League faster, facilities, women... etc?

Interested to hear what you think makes the biggest impact on recruiting. TIA

There are several different elements but if I had to rank them I’d put them in order like this:
1. Money
2. Females
3. Relationships(coaches)
4. Relationships (players)
5. Game day atmosphere
6. Facilities
7. Proximity
7. NFL pipeline
8. Prestige
9. Amenities around campus
10. Campus life

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
There are several different elements but if I had to rank them I’d put them in order like this:
1. Money
2. Females
3. Relationships(coaches)
4. Relationships (players)
5. Game day atmosphere
6. Facilities
7. Proximity
7. NFL pipeline
8. Prestige
9. Amenities around campus
10. Campus life
I get that Wars have been fought over Females. I guess I remember how dumb I was at 17-18, but damn, 20 years later it seems so stupid. I guess Bryce Brown is a primo example of that .

Thanks for the response

Reactions: de1conley
It definitely could and again here’s another non-football knowledge post. A better DL makes it a lesser requirement for the offense to score points because games are won in the trenches despite all the glit and glamour ppl see in skill guys. If our DL plays well and gets push and the opponents are punting more frequent because they can’t get 1st down then the sorry qb doesn’t have as much pressure
This.... It's a LOS game.

Reactions: de1conley

VN Store

Back