Who is getting trimmed?

Middleton is a rare athlete. At one time was a 260 lb TE would lined up at WR.

He's an older guy, but still needs a real S&C program. 6'7" 300 lb guys that can run like him are in short supply.
How long has it been since he played football though. I like him and agree with you but I bet his spot is based on how he plays this year. Which is hopefully great cause I'd love to have him in the class.

How long has it been since he played football though. I like him and agree with you but I bet his spot is based on how he plays this year. Which is hopefully great cause I'd love to have him in the class.

Its been a while for him for sure.
But he's a ball player. I have no doubt he'll pick it right back up.

Have u seen our DE depth? This guy is a take all day everyday. I imagine he will play strong side DE.

Conventional wisdom says Cox is a flip risk, and Harris may be an academic casualty. So that's two that could take care of themselves.... If you're looking for a couple that might not be here come signing day.

If nothing changes, crouch, wright, Hill and that's it. If those two do go, then I see a WR and DE/OLB taking those two spots.
Anthony Harris?

Trying to figure out the numbers seems to be a yearly contest on VN. One very few understand or win.

Technically, Pruitt can bring in 25, but some would have to blueshirt. It's stealing from next year's class. At some point we'll have to pay it back, but I'm guessing coach sees it as a necessary evil to get the talent to win. He knows how important winning is in terms of staying employed. That said, recruiting is fluid, so some that we currently have committed most likely won't be in the final class. The reasons why vary. Some may flip, some may fail to qualify, and some may be let go for better prospects. Numbers are important, but obviously there are workarounds. It'll be interesting to see how Coach pulls it off.

Technically, Pruitt can bring in 25, but some would have to blueshirt. It's stealing from next year's class. At some point we'll have to pay it back, but I'm guessing coach sees it as a necessary evil to get the talent to win. He knows how important winning is in terms of staying employed. That said, recruiting is fluid, so some that we currently have committed most likely won't be in the final class. The reasons why vary. Some may flip, some may fail to qualify, and some may be let go for better prospects. Numbers are important, but obviously there are workarounds. It'll be interesting to see how Coach pulls it off.
Get as many as you can now to get as many of his guys in then take 20 in a class in next few years. Hell, Clemson only took 18 last year I think

Get as many as you can now to get as many of his guys in then take 20 in a class in next few years. Hell, Clemson only took 18 last year I think

I don't disagree. You recruit for your system so you can win. The flip side is, the more you win, the more success you have in recruiting, so we potentially limit classes where we could get greater talent. Personally I like Pruitt's approach because he wants to win now. None of this in 3-4 years BS. In the end, I trust Coach will work it all out.

I'm just so ready for UT to reclaim its winning ways.

Not sure if you can still blueshirt. Maybe. We did something this year. It was either blue shirt or a loophole with grad transfers which is what LA says so I tend to believe him. Either way, we can only take 22 highly rated and recruited HS and Juco kids in '19. To get to 25 the last 3 would either be grad transfers that we don't know about yet. Or low rated kids who fell through the cracks and don't have any better options that we also probably haven't heard of yet. So you may as well look at the number as 22 when discussing any recruits we know about now. And thinking any of our current commits would blueshirt is probably a bit of fantasy. I don't see any of them not having a better option than a blue shirt. If I were them I wouldn't take the risk involved in a blue shirt. If that's even still a thing.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Not sure if you can still blueshirt. Maybe. We did something this year. It was either blue shirt or a loophole with grad transfers which is what LA says so I tend to believe him. Either way, we can only take 22 highly rated and recruited HS and Juco kids in '19. To get to 25 the last 3 would either be grad transfers that we don't know about yet. Or low rated kids who fell through the cracks and don't have any better options that we also probably haven't heard of yet. So you may as well look at the number as 22 when discussing any recruits we know about now. And thinking any of our current commits would blueshirt is probably a bit of fantasy. I don't see any of them not having a better option than a blue shirt. If I were them I wouldn't take the risk involved in a blue shirt. If that's even still a thing.
i think you're all over it..............

i think you're all over it..............
Typical.

giphy.gif

it's just normal to lose some through "whatever" attrition comes around...we'll have room for 4 and 5 stars, I assure you...:D

GO VOLS!

To'oto'o, Curry, Anderson and Moore. Supposedly Anderson and Moore are potential flips. Especially Moore.

If Harris has grade problems as it's being said then him and Cox are two. Moore and Anderson would probably bump a DE commit that is lower than one or both of them. To'oto'o is one we have a realistic place to land. I doubt Curry or Bogle end up here but Wright,Crouch,Hill,Anderson,Moore and To'oto'o are ones we have legitimate shots at.
I really hope we end up having a player named To'oto'o. I would bless the rains down in Africa if that happens.

VN Store

Back