Who Is Billy Napier?

It appears LSU has BN well down their list. So if Fla is the only big school that offers him, would you be surprised if Napier went to Gainesville then?

Yes, I would. That doesn’t mean we won’t go but I would be surprised. Money won’t be the main motivation for him.

Reactions: lilesrt
Mullen was doing well. 29-9 in his first 3 years is nothing to scoff at... as well as improving the team from the #17 to the #7 squad in 247's Talent Composite rankings.

His downfall was being in the toxic swamp where local media and fans put him on the hot seat the second he lost to Kentucky.

And this is a trend. Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen... they've all had good years (10+ wins each) and immediately if there is a step back the local/national media start putting them on the hot seat causing fans/players to lose faith in the staff. Everyone knew this was going to be a reloading/rebuilding year for him yet are surprised that he didn't go undefeated?

A step back??? Getting beat by UK, letting Samford hang 50, getting skull drug by SC with a rookie HC and losing to a terrible Missouri in year 4 isn’t taking a step back. It shows that you cannot coach.

Dooley was 17-20 in his three years at laTech. Napiers last 3 years at UL are 31-5 with 3 division championships. All of this while playing in the at minimum second toughest non P5 conference. As a matter of fact hes never not had at least a share of the division... even in his first year. Tell me more about how he and Dooley are the same. I cant wait to hear this.

Napier and Dooley both have had 10+ jobs.

They are both a reach.

Don't you think the gattors could attract someone who has won a few games in the big boi league of P5 or NFL?

Napier would be like hiring the world's tallest midget.

Napier and Dooley both have had 10+ jobs.

They are both a reach.

Don't you think the gattors could attract someone who has won a few games in the big boi league of P5 or NFL?

Napier would be like hiring the world's tallest midget.

How many games had Urban Meyer won in the NFL or P5 when he took over at Florida? Zero. The same number that Dooley and Napier have in common.

I hope FL hires him! He’s terribly overrated! He routinely makes boneheaded in-game decisions, his teams play down to competition, and look sloppy! He’s only getting traction because of the Dabo/Satan connection. If you take that away, people wouldn’t even look at him!

Looks like Aranda may be in @ LSU, rumours ofc.

I didn’t think about him. Napier would be a good match imo. Either way, Heup needs to recruit and continue to develop players to fit his system. The rest will take care of itself, including beating Florida, Bama and UGA.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Good points. Also, some situations just won’t work regardless of who takes the job. Texas and USC come to mind right now…
And UT as of January of this year. It may be closer now than it was... but a guy like we hope Heupel truly is... is the kind that breaks you out of that trap. It could be a top dollar, top name coach... or it could be someone relatively obscure.

Reactions: Sarms58
Not sure about #3... I'd take LSU rejects over Iowa kids any day. App State not who they used to be.

Personally, I would be relieved if they hire Napier and would rather him be there than Mullen.

Napier is an outstanding recruiter. always has been..

Reactions: bpalmer28
Napier has always been the Florida/Georgia recruiter supposedly, so that worries me. Can’t Florida just stay coachless? I don’t want them to hire anyone except Butch Jones

Actually, yes, we not only like it, we love it. He is not elite at anything in particular. He was not a successful OC, he's not been an overly successful position coach and he's done nothing phenomenal as a head coach.

Napier, Mullen, Herman, Fuente, Etc are all on the same meh level. . . three of them have proven it, now it's Napier's turn.
You hit the nail right on the head. Napier does not scare me and it would be great for UT.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I hope FL hires him! He’s terribly overrated! He routinely makes boneheaded in-game decisions, his teams play down to competition, and look sloppy! He’s only getting traction because of the Dabo/Satan connection. If you take that away, people wouldn’t even look at him!
BINGO!

Reactions: beachvol23
It blows my mind how many people just assume this guy will succeed. Nobody knows but I will say that he’s a terrible game day manager who is in a dogfight in a lot of games regardless of opponent

Reactions: beachvol23
Dooley was 17-20 in his three years at laTech. Napiers last 3 years at UL are 31-5 with 3 division championships. All of this while playing in the at minimum second toughest non P5 conference. As a matter of fact hes never not had at least a share of the division... even in his first year. Tell me more about how he and Dooley are the same. I cant wait to hear this.
Lol. Sun belt division titles. Get out of here

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I don't know what to think about him. It'll be a wait and see approach for me

How many games had Urban Meyer won in the NFL or P5 when he took over at Florida? Zero. The same number that Dooley and Napier have in common.

At that time, they had AD Jeremy Foley with an eye for talent.

Now they have Cuzin Billy Bob from the starkvegas college of cows.

Here is a big boy shopping list for coaches:

VERY Good LSU source just saw my report and told me the LSU list is this 1. Jimbo Fischer 2. Bill O Brien 3. Mark Stoops In that order

Bingo.

Sumlin. Herman. Frost. Norvell. Strong.... the list goes on an on.

If Florida hires Napier that signals to me that they missed on a few guys, which I predicted would happen a few days ago. It's a good job but it's simply not as revered as it used to be.
We hired Josh Heupel after we missed on a few guys... sometimes you fall into a good choice

I talked to faculty at UF yesterday and the favorite is Bob Stoops if he comes out of retirement.

Yes, I would. That doesn’t mean we won’t go but I would be surprised. Money won’t be the main motivation for him.
Well, that is a compliment to his character. But if winning is of value to him, that can certainly be done at a school such as Florida. It will be an interesting thing to watch. If BN chooses not to go to Fla, does that make Kiffin the Gators number 1 target in your mind?

VN Store

Back