Who impressed the most?

McNeil-thumbs up for two massive hits.
Coleman-thumbs down. Gotta move on. Even if it's someone that still needs to grow into the position. Coleman topped out in high school.

I feel like a Cindy Lauper song is playing in the background when he locks up in man. If I'm the opposing OC I target him the majority of the time....

A lot of impact players on D... future looks bright.

The entire D. They got a lot of speed. We haven't had a D like this in a while. I was really happy to see Maggit playing. Our ends are really fast. They got a lot of pressure on keeton, and contained him for pretty much the whole game. Our linebackers fly all over the field. Weathered had some good hits. Jrm and Aj are beast.Very impressed. O line has a lot of work to do, and Worley needs help with his deeper throws, I believe I counted 5 over throws to WRs who had their defenders beat. I expect they all will improve over the season, and expect to see a good bit of improvement next week.

I was most impressed with Weatherd. He's pretty much came in right away and made his presence known. Didn't take him long at all.

I was most impressed with Weatherd. He's pretty much came in right away and made his presence known. Didn't take him long at all.

This.

Quickest front seven guy we've had since Rico McCoy. Weatherd was freaking everywhere. Lined up in five different spots tonight.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, bold prediction! If Sutton turns out to be even CLOSE to Deon Grant, we'll be in awesome shape on that side of the secondary for a couple of seasons. Hope you're right!

Go Vols!

Deon Grant was a Safety, not a CB, but Sutton has those same ball skills and nose for the ball.

THE D! The Whole D! And nothing but THE D! They were freaking Awesome the whole game!!!

Worley and AJ obviously but also Sutton and Pearson (not so much based on what he did do but what I now know that he can do if needed.)

I was really impressed by the blocking done by the WR. There was one play that was a running play, but if you looked at the bottom of the screen, Lavon Pearson laid a dude out blocking. And the run was up the middle!

Just a example of the physicality that Azzanni is pushing. Loved some of the blocks and hits I saw tonight.

LaDarrell McNeil laid Swindle OUT.

Most on here will say A.J. or Worley, and rightfully so, but I was absolutely blown away by the dominant performance of Cameron Sutton. We haven't had a lock-down CB in a long while, and he proved that there is no sophomore slump or lack of physicality in him. Played like a senior, looked like a future NFL-er.

Who is your most impressive?

Did Ladarrell McNeil start? Saw him on the field a lot and he was having a fairly quiet game until he blew up that WR coming up the seam.

AJ and Cam are legit talents. They could play any where. I like What JRM brings to the table. Barnett and Vereen are going to be good.

Lots of new Vols impressed tonight too. Weatherd was disruptive, TKJR was flying all over the place on special teams, all the new receivers looked great.
Even without the big numbers, Hurd was pretty good in pass protection and laid the block on the edge when Pig scored. I love players like that.

Im going to say Worley. This gm was by far the best he has ever looked since arriving at TN. AJ has had some good gms so you kinda expect him to play good. Worley didn't look like the same QB. It was night and day difference.

I was genuinely impressed by everyone.

Top 3 Standouts:

1) Worley. I anticipated he'd be improved, but he looked fantastic. That O-Line wasn't giving him much time and he still performed great.

2) AJ Johnson. I didn't think it was possible for him to get better - he is better. His impact on the game reminds me a lot of Eric Berry - expect big plays, not just tackles.

3) Pig Howard. I thought he was going to get buried in this depth chart. He looked really good/fast/elusive out there tonight. Definitely the first time I thought he lived up to the recruiting hype.

Honorable Mentions- Josh Smith, Sutton, Weatherd

--------------------------------------------

Top 3 Disappointments:

1) Entire Offensive Line. They will continue to improve and we need them to ASAP. They seemed to do better once Fackrell went down, but there were too many mental errors and breakdowns.

2) Justin Coleman. Poor kid can't catch a break.

3) Keeton's Heisman Campaign

Last edited:
I was genuinely impressed by everyone.

Top 3 Standouts:

1) Worley. I anticipated he'd be improved, but he looked fantastic. That O-Line wasn't giving him much time and he still performed great.

2) AJ Johnson. I didn't think it was possible for him to get better - he is better. His impact on the game reminds me a lot of Eric Berry - expect big plays, not just tackles.

3) Pig Howard. I thought he was going to get buried in this depth chart. He looked really good/fast/elusive out there tonight. Definitely the first time I thought he lived up to the recruiting hype.

Honorable Mentions- Josh Smith, Sutton, Weatherd

--------------------------------------------

Top 3 Disappointments:

1) Entire Offensive Line. They will continue to improve and we need them to ASAP. They seemed to do better once Fackrell went down, but there were too many mental errors and breakdowns.

2) Justin Coleman. Poor kid can't catch a break.

3) Keeton's Heisman Campaign

First time Howard lived up to the hype? Must have missed the UGA and USC games last year.

I'm going to go with Darr. Replacing Palardy is no small feat and I don't remember Darr being that good. His boots of 53 and 47 show us that we have a dependable punter and that can be huge as we get later in the season.

Defense - DL, LB and DBs. They looked energized and running all over the field to the ball. Its been a while since we've seen that much energy. Plus I noticed that they were playing their positions and filling gaps when necessary. Kudos to the defense.

I was most concerned about the potential of Worley, so for me, he impressed the most. I knew A.J. would be beast. Cam picked up where he left off last season. He's only getting better. Very excited for this team!

AJ looked bigger to me. He was very active but the overall speed of the defense stood out the most. Very relieved with Matt 's punting. Von Pearson also threw some great blocks downfield.

VN Store

Back