Who has a problem with Pruitt’s “tug” on JG facemask (poll)

Do you object to Pruitt’s facemask tug to JG?

• Yes, Pruitt shouldn’t have done it

Votes: 51 3.7%
  • No, this is football

Votes: 1,311 96.3%

• Total voters
And that's what you want with a coach. I think he handled it precectly.

Hypothetically speaking.... If the roles are reversed and Bamas backup QB does the same thing with the same result how does Saban react?

Find me a picture of Saban, or an article, of Saban ever grabbing a player by the face mask.

Reactions: orangealways
Was at the game last night so I didn’t see the infamous face mask grab when it happened. I’ve been reading about it all day here on VN and through other online articles and I decided I needed to see the “incident”. What a joke this whole thing is. I was expecting Pruitt to have grabbed his facemask and make JG eye to eye with him so he could spit profanities into his face. The fact that we’re even talking about this after all the other things to talk about in last nights game is absolute garbage. Nothing to see here, move along.

I played from Pop Warner through college and had it done many times during practices never in a game situation. I believe Pruitt was wrong in doing this. I like to see coaches and players have fire in their belly and an uncontrolled emotional responses can be expected now and again from the young men playing the game however the head coach of a major college program should exercise better control. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting Pruitt be hanged in the quad, worse things have been done by better men however there's no denying this was bad optics for the program.

I voted yes, but I also think it’s getting blown way out of proportion. Saying, “he shouldn’t have done it” doesn’t mean I think he should be disciplined

I kind of look at like this.
A child of yours does the walk away don’t want to listen.
A. You just stop and don’t say anything
B. You follow them and try and get them to listen
C. You get their attention and don’t let them walk away.
Myself I chose C.
To me them walking away and not listening is a huge sign of disrespect and shouldn’t be tolerated.

I have no problem with it either. It's football and it's not a sport made for girly men. And personally, I am sick of these news analysts acting like it is the worst thing they ever saw. IMO they are just trying to blow up another contreversy so they will have something to talk about for 2-3 weeks.

P.S. Screw the Refs

I kind of look at like this.
A child of yours does the walk away don’t want to listen.
A. You just stop and don’t say anything
B. You follow them and try and get them to listen
C. You get their attention and don’t let them walk away.
Myself I chose C.
To me them walking away and not listening is a huge sign of disrespect and shouldn’t be tolerated.

I don’t want to come across like I think this is a big deal, but JG didn’t try to walk away. Pruitt was just mad.

I’m amazed we are still discussing this. Was it a great decision? No. Did he physical abuse Jarrett? No. We’ve been waiting all year for Pruitt to show some fire and that play was a major mess up.

Need the video as well. Honestly it was hardly a grab. That short and gentle a pinch wouldn’t even qualify as foreplay unless you’re married.

I honestly don’t understand how this is an issue at all. This is football. It’s A Physical Sport.. People need to get over it. If you’re trying to talk to your QB and they give attitude and start to walk away from you, you get grabbed. Plain and simple! JG needs to correct his attitude and show some respect.

VN Store

Back