Who else is done? (merged)

True. Taking no OL in 2012 had no influence on this game. None

Sure it did. But that does not excuse this dismal outcome. Even with this weak OL this game SHOULD have been won no doubt, no debate. Great coaches play to their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

We were the favored team. We got 3 turnovers. We had a sellout checkerboard home field, great matchups with our receivers to exploit, playing a FL team thats hasn't been the same for a while with a coach on the hot seat, ect..

My point is- in big games, big time coaches win. I lost what little confidence I had left in this OC today. Simply disgraceful to lose this game.

Reactions: 3 people
This is year two on a rebuild job.

You don't win with a freshman o line.

If the fan base turns on Butch this early, we're doomed.

Drop those lace panties, folks, and untape your junk tuck.

Reactions: 2 people
Year two? Try year seven.

Shirley, you don't understand what coaching turnover does to a program.

If you ever called for Fulmer's head, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Do you see what happens? This is what happens.

Now you're done w Butch? Jesus. We're doomed.

Reactions: 1 person
At least for a while?

I have paid my dues as a fan.

Not done! !….ready for utc bring on the rest of the sec. Im proud of our players they are TRUE FRESHMAN. Everybody just chillout. The W's will come and when they do it will be FABULOUS!! !!! #GBO. #TRUEFAN

I will always be a Tennessee fan, but I've long given up on investing in things I can't control. If we win, great. If we lose, I'll find the entertainment factor in that too.

One thing I think we can all agree on is it's hard to be a Tennessee football fan for the last few years.

It's a football game. It's not like any of us are playing in it. This kids tried their hardest and came up a little short. They aren't pros yet. They r still kids. Support them and watch them grow. It's just a football game I hate losing too but we r competing and not getting destroyed like years past. It's gettin better

Reactions: 4 people
This is year two on a rebuild job.

You don't win with a freshman o line.

If the fan base turns on Butch this early, we're doomed.

Drop those lace panties, folks, and untape your junk tuck.

No, it's not. It's year 5 on a rebuilding. Year 6 of a train wreck that is UT football. You don't get do over years or a reset button every time you fire a HC.

Offensive line doesn't even get their hands on nobody is what ticks me off. If you don't know the scheme just hit the person In front of you don't just stand around and do nothing.

Everyone needs to relax. Next year we will have Nike uniforms and we will win the CFP, duh.

No, it's not. It's year 5 on a rebuilding. Year 6 of a train wreck that is UT football. You don't get do over years or a reset button every time you fire a HC.

Have you noticed the attrition with each change? Have you noticed what installing new schemes does? Have you noticed how it's difficult to recruit when your fan base is calling for heads to roll? Have you noticed how difficult it is to put together a recruiting class in two months.

Obviously not. You must be new at this.

Heard 10-20 fans after the game say the same thing. I'd expect ticket sales to be down for a while.

There is no "done" in UT fandom. You're stuck. You're not going anywhere.

tumblr_mjfygu87WN1s3sd3bo2_500.png

Some of you don't have the stomach for a long rebuilding process so it may be for the best. If you want to direct your anger at someone, I would start with Mike Hamilton for hiring two of the worst coaching hires in the history of CFB then you can appreciate what CBJ has done for the program.

After the 07 sec title game its sad but I have enjoyed kiffins team more than any other we have fielded.

I haven't been able to watch much college ball the last few seasons due to my job, so watching the vols has been next to impossible, but I do tend to pop in on these threads for Florida week since 2008 to say this:

Suck it up, nancy.

I will always be a Tennessee fan, but I've long given up on investing in things I can't control. If we win, great. If we lose, I'll find the entertainment factor in that too.

Best attitude to have.

These negative Nancys need to nip it! Nit it in the bud!

VN Store

Back