Who does Pruitt play for?

This again..

Come sit by the fire and let me tell you a story I call "How the real world works"..

So there I was...

Reactions: 3 people
If the rolls were reversed and Tn playing in the playoffs and Bama had hired Pruitt away from us. You would be pissed if Pruitt walked out on Tn during the playoffs to go coach a team thats not even in a bowl game. Either way its a no win for him.

The roles aren't reversed.

We are 4 and 8 and just committed $35,000,000.00 to fix it. Dude said, "Thanks for the check but I'll get with you after first of the year."

Reactions: 2 people
If the rolls were reversed and Tn playing in the playoffs and Bama had hired Pruitt away from us. You would be pissed if Pruitt walked out on Tn during the playoffs to go coach a team thats not even in a bowl game. Either way its a no win for him.
They are already calling him a traitor and a fool in Gumpton.

If Alabama was playing in the TaxSlayer bowl, he wouldn't coach it, I can guarantee it.

You guys take college football so seriously that you completely remove yourself from the situation of it being about the collegiate athletes. As much as I cannot stand Alabama, and do not want them to win another national championship, those athletes, regardless of what uniform they wear, deserve to have their coaches stand behind them as they compete for a championship.

This isn't war, people. Alabama isn't invading the Tennessee border with tanks and infantry. They're playing a sport comprised of 18-23 year olds.

Do you feel we should just be without a staff for a while then? I mean we took two coaches from Colorado State in the middle of their recruiting and bowl prep. Is it fair to them and their kids that those guys aren't coaching them? Does it only matter if they are playing for a championship?

Also, Pruitt isn't their coach any more. He's the head coach at UT. Therein lies the problem. The head coach at the University of Tennessee will be swathed head to toe in Alabama gear in the most watched game of the season, cheering for Alabama and trying like heck to make Alabama the best team in the country. It should be a nightmare to any Vol fan, especially any Vol fan over 30.

Reactions: 1 person
Would you rather say no you can't coach and risk him not coming here? I would say on paper with the staff he is bringing that we came out pretty good seeing where we were two weeks ago. 3 extra weeks for a coach that could be here for the next 10 years is a good tradeoff.
So you're good with him recruiting for Bama.

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

He is contractually obligated to complete this season. That is not an excuse nor is it lame justification. Since the playoff system began, it has been agreed on by all the power 5 conference schools, and the contracts have been amended to reflect that change in the calendar. Just because they enacted this change without asking your permission is no reason to be a drama queen about it. They didn't ask me either, so get over it.

Reactions: 3 people
This again..

Come sit by the fire and let me tell you a story I call "How the real world works"..

So there I was...

The real world works just the opposite of this. Only in Sabanland does the new coach not go help the team that hired him.

Every other coach that is moving isn't sticking around. Frost may be considering it but said it's already creating trouble for him and that he may not do it.

The ultimate hilarity of it, Nick Saban dropped his team like a hot potato in the middle of bowl prep when he was hired by LSU.

He is contractually obligated to complete this season. That is not an excuse nor is it lame justification. Since the playoff system began, it has been agreed on by all the power 5 conference schools, and the contracts have been amended to reflect that change in the calendar. Just because they enacted this change without asking your permission is no reason to be a drama queen about it. They didn't ask me either, so get over it.

He was under contract for several seasons. Just like Butch was under contract for several seasons. Everyone is under contract. He is choosing to finish this. His choice is to aid Alabama. Let's not pretend he's being contractually forced to do it.

Where did you get that reply from my post? You totally lost me but I do take it CJP wasn't your chocie foor head coach.:pilot:
Not really, and I'll bet you would be hard pressed to find anybody that had him at the top of their list. That being said, when/if Gump loses, he will then become our coach and I will be behind him 100%. Until then I hope he get his ass kicked.

If Alabama wins the championship, Alabama gets more positive press, Saban gets more positive press. We have nothing whatsoever to gain in the press or with the recruiting war if Alabama wins.

I agree to disagree. The talking heads on the game will be mentioning CJP going to UT. If you don't see UT being mentioned during the NC playoffs in a POSITIVE light then maybe I don't get it. But I do think you're wrong.

I live in the state of Alabama and them winning a NC would only cause more grief to me but our name and brand on the biggest stage of CFB is only positive. But JMO

I get it. He's a stand up guy. "for the kids".

The issue is whether or not his wearing Bama colors helps or hurts UT. I don't believe that in any form it helps. Especially if they win a NC. It hurts us because I believe those recruits will look to Saban and Bama and not Pruitt and UT. That is where we all have a difference of opinion.

So I hope they lose by 30 and look totally inept.

Do you feel we should just be without a staff for a while then? I mean we took two coaches from Colorado State in the middle of their recruiting and bowl prep. Is it fair to them and their kids that those guys aren't coaching them? Does it only matter if they are playing for a championship?

Also, Pruitt isn't their coach any more. He's the head coach at UT. Therein lies the problem. The head coach at the University of Tennessee will be swathed head to toe in Alabama gear in the most watched game of the season, cheering for Alabama and trying like heck to make Alabama the best team in the country. It should be a nightmare to any Vol fan, especially any Vol fan over 30.

Yes, it COMPLETELY matters that it's for a championship.

Colorado State is not in the CFP. And as much as most people don't want to hear this, anything outside the CFP is a fairly meaningless exhibition game. Butch Jones made a living of whipping up on those Big 10 opponents and it made most of us pretty happy to see it, but when it came down to beating those Top SEC programs it never made one iota of a difference in the long-term success of our program.

But championships are championships.

Do you honestly think for a minute that if Jeremy Pruitt is or is not standing on the sideline when/if Alabama wins another championship it's going to make one bit of difference to what the program value or status of Alabama is?

I mean, it'll matter ZERO in the real world, but obviously it'll sting the feelings of a few delusional, out-of-touch fans.

Would you rather say no you can't coach and risk him not coming here? I would say on paper with the staff he is bringing that we came out pretty good seeing where we were two weeks ago. 3 extra weeks for a coach that could be here for the next 10 years is a good tradeoff.
If I'm writing the check, he'd expect that's what I'd say.

If he were Jimbo Fisher, yeah, you don't risk it. But he's a guy that had two options, take a massive pay raise and come here or go back to Alabama as DC. We had two other guys with essentially equal resumes and equal chances for success ready to take the job as well.

I agree to disagree. The talking heads on the game will be mentioning CJP going to UT. If you don't see UT being mentioned during the NC playoffs in a POSITIVE light then maybe I don't get it. But I do think you're wrong.

I live in the state of Alabama and them winning a NC would only cause more grief to me but our name and brand on the biggest stage of CFB is only positive. But JMO
So what?

Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama Bama UT Bama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama Bama

That's what the recruits are gonna be hearing.

So what?

Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama Bama UT Bama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama BamaBama Bama Bama Bama

That's what the recruits are gonna be hearing.
Would you rather them be hearing "Brick by brick"?

If he were Jimbo Fisher, yeah, you don't risk it. But he's a guy that had two options, take a massive pay raise and come here or go back to Alabama as DC. We had two other guys with essentially equal resumes and equal chances for success ready to take the job as well.
We should have hired you chancellor.

VN Store

Back