Who carries a knife?

I had lost my benchmade mini crooked river a while back, so I bought a cheaper knife, a civivi elementum. I’m really impressed with it. Really good quality for around $50.
Anyways, a coworker found my benchmade on a job site the other day and gave it back to me. Blew my mind that it was found on a giant construction site.
I love my Elementum

Reactions: ACvol3
Outside of work, I keep my Kershaw Blur (or Link) on me. I've had the former since 2010 and the latter since 2016, and for the money, I've been pleased with both.

At work, I carry a Kershaw Pub on me. It's handy, simple, and cheap to replace if needed.

I have a knife care question. My father passed several months back, and as we closed out the estate, I got a couple of the old family butcher knives. I have been keeping one in a black nylon webbing sheath, but every time I pull it out to look at it, it has a surprising amount of rust on it, especially on the sharpened edge area. I really don't think the sheath is damp. Is there some kind of oil or grease I should be putting on this blade? Just WD40? Rem Oil? Cosmoline RP-342? Blaster Surface Shield? LPS-3?

Last edited:
I have a knife care question. My father passed several months back, and as we closed out the estate, I got a couple of the old family butcher knives. I have been keeping one in a black nylon sheath, but every time I pull it out to look at it, it has a surprising amount of rust on it, especially on the sharpened edge area. I really don't think the sheath is damp. Is there some kind of oil or grease I should be putting on this blade? Just WD40? Rem Oil? Cosmoline RP-342? Blaster Surface Shield? LPS-3?

If you use it frequently, clean after use by hand and oil. If used for food, just make sure to use a food safe oil. Alternatively, if it's just being stored, you can use Renaissance wax or other types of wax to preserve it.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's a nice looking knife
Haven't had much experience with them before now. But they are Family owned and American made. Just holding it in my hand I can tell it's made better than my Kershaw. It's smooth as butter when you open it.

Dude behind the counter knew he had me. I was talking to him and stopped mid sentence when I flipped it open the first time lol.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
I carry a fixed blade on my weak side inside the waist and a folder in my right pocket everyday. I have a bunch of nice knives (sort of collect them) but I tend to carry kershaw emerson (a few different models) because they are about $40-50 and I tend to lose my folder every now and then, or give it away. I have some real emersons. In terms of fixed blades, I'm rotating a few different ones at the moment. I carry a spartan phrike a lot lately, sometimes a kim breed dagger.

Can you tighten the pivot to fix it?
Possibly? Never done anything like that before. Do you just tightened the screw where the bearing is?

Edit: Looked into this and I might be able to fix it. Need tools I don't have though. I'll probably go ahead and replace it. Thinking Civivi or Petrified Fish.

Then I'll buy a precision tool kit and try to fix the current one. If nothing else it'll be a learning experience even if I mess the Bear and Sons up. Besides I don't mind an excuse to buy specialized tools lol.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back