Who Are The Teams You Love To Hate? Which Teams Do You Have A Soft Spot For?

Hate: Georgia, because Georgia
Soft Spot: Whoever UGA plays that particular Saturday
Hahaha...reminds me of a bumper sticker I had on an old '79 Ford pickup.
Plain orange and white, block letters..."I LOVE Tennessee and who ever is playing Bama"

Reactions: MAD
I really dislike the fans of Georgia. They are the worst. They could win 7 NCs in a row, and still not be considered a football blue blood. they are sorta like clemson, it won’t last too long.
Speaking of which, I hate clemson fans too.
It’s schools like this that aren’t true football royalty that act like they are.

Love the Braves.
Love the Vols.
Love LSU Tigers.
Is TN considered true football royalty by outsiders? Who all should be considered true football royalty?

Bama
LSU
Florida
UGA
TX
Michigan
Notre Dame
tOSU
USC
Penn St.
Oregon
UK
Fla St.
Miami

Not in any particular order.

Hate: Florida, UGa, Alabama, Notre Dame, in that order. SEC teams hate for obvious reasons, Notre Dame because of their arrogance.

Soft Spots: Clemson, earned my graduate degree there and used to live nearby. Oregon: unis. Coastal Carolina: does more with less.

Been to South Bend 3 times and love ND with their tradition. Pull for all the Military teams. Actually like Oregon despite the fact we lost 59-14 on my only trip there.:)

2 teams I hate most right now are Ole Miss football and Auburn basketball because of their coaches. Usually like Auburn in the SEC as they are Alabama and UGA's biggest competitors.

Used to like Clemson until Butch Jones sent them all of our instate players. Have a personal connection in that my father's uncle, Sam Jones, Was the Alumnus who brought Howards Rock back from Death Valley.

If we ever beat Alabama again I will stop hating them.

Been going to UT games for 72 years and the biggest assholes I ever ran into were the Virginia fans after the 91 Sugar Bowl.

Michigan, Michigan, Michigan. They just moved into first place on the hate list. Hate that they stole the heisman from Peyton, hate that I lived there for 2 years listening to those whiny nasally nosed people and their overinflated opinion of their Programs, hate that they got a split Natty in 97 when everyone knows Nebraska would have killed them, despise Tom Brady and he went there even though he rode the bench for much of his career there, and I especially hate that of all teams to lay an egg against, of course it would have to be them.

Love to hate: FSU/UGA

Soft spot for Georgia Tech because they play FSU and UGA yearly (although not usually very competitively) and I lived in Atlanta for 20 years and always thought of them as a very good institution. Hired many engineers from there and they’re always solid.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Probably a bad thing honestly but I reeeaaallly get my hate on in sports. I basically hate everyone not in the right shade of Orange with the right shade of T, I have precious few soft spots.

Michigan, Michigan, Michigan. They just moved into first place on the hate list. Hate that they stole the heisman from Peyton, hate that I lived there for 2 years listening to those whiny nasally nosed people and their overinflated opinion of their Programs, hate that they got a split Natty in 97 when everyone knows Nebraska would have killed them, despise Tom Brady and he went there even though he rode the bench for much of his career there, and I especially hate that of all teams to lay an egg against, of course it would have to be them.

But I like good ole @mad4vols and his Detroit Lions so I guess there are 2 things from Michigan I like. Sorry. Got a little carried away there. I don’t really hate anyone. That game today hurt though

Love to hate: Michigan and Notre Dame Growing up and living in Michigan these fans are the worst. Tomy Brady this. Charles Woodson that. Brady Quinn. On and on and on. Notre dame never plays anyone and is somehow always in the big games only to get smoked. Honestly I loved watching Georgia dismantle Michigan. It made my heart full. Not a single one has any clue and the players are always the best. See Aiden Hutchinson this year. And of course they are everywhere.

Soft spot: any mid major program from the MAC. Started with Byron Leftwich at Marshall.

Last edited:
Love to hate: Michigan and Not really Dame Growing up and living in Michigan these fans are the worst. Tomy Brady this. Charles Woodson that. Brady Quinn. On and on and on. Notre dame never plays anyone and is somehow always in the big games only to get smoked. Honestly I loved watching Georgia dismantle Michigan. It made my heart full. Not a single one has any clue and the players are always the best. See Aiden Hutchinson this year. And of course they are everywhere.

Soft spot: any mid major program from the MAC. Started with Byron Leftwich at Marshall.
A friend of mine went to Marshall and I remember we went to a Marshall watch party for the 2001 GMAC bowl with East Carolina.
Craziest game ever 64-61 OT.

Reactions: acd4476
Hate
I hatevUF but most fans I've known are really cool.
UGA The most obnoxious fanbase in CFB.
Bama. It's the Gumps so enough said.
Memphis, The 96 loss was the worst experience I've ever had at a game. Memphis fans are pure trash.
Penn State. I hate everything about them.

Soft Spot
Arkansas. I lived in Arkansas and I've never met a razorback fan I didn't like. I even married a Razorback.
Miss State. I've started rooting for them when Leach took over. I love The Pirate
Washington. I don't know why but I've always found myself rooting for them.

Last edited:
I hate Alabama football though I have some amount of respect for their pedigree .............

unlike Florida who has zero tradition - New Money I think they call it.

1) Who are the teams you love to hate?
2) Which teams do you have a soft spot for?
————————————————————
Give reasons for your answers.

Bama..the only team i loathe.
The rest of the SEC..never pull for them unless theyre playing Bama...then i might even.do a gstor chomp or woof a couple of times.
When i was younger i pulled for Ole Miss some due to familail ties...no more

I root for ETSU and a couple of local HS

hate bama and everything about that shithole program

soft spot for Va Tech, lived there for a year after UT while wife (then fiancee) did a residency... Vick was QB and my goodness could he sling the tater. Also had a chance to meet Beamer, all class. Was a fun year in Blacksburg.

They have the most over-inflated view of the historical success of their program. Even more than Texas.

Michigan has won half of a national title since 1948, and their most legendary coach (Bo Schembechler) never won a national title and went 2-8 in the Rose Bowl. The program's most notable achievement, being the leader in all-time wins, is achieved largely because they were earlier than a lot of other schools were in fielding a team; there are 3 other schools (Alabama, Ohio St, Notre Dame) with a higher winning %.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Hate Florida and Bama. Also hate Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and Florida State.

Soft spot is Colorado( no idea why, just always kinda liked them growing up)

VN Store

Back