Who’s the Answer?

I’m pissed about the loss just as much as anyone else but let’s hold up on the crazy talk. I think Heup signed a 5 year contract. He inherited a mess and then lost 30 players and about 6 of them being major contributors in 2020.
What’s pissed many folks off is Heup’s stubbornness to stick with a project QB like Milton that obviously has too many negatives to overcome to be the QB Heup envisions he could be. The QB situation was exposed today and now we all know Hooker is better than Milton. Let’s see what happens in the next 3 to 4 weeks. That will tell us more about Heupel than starting Milton today.

I like the scheme that Heupel put together, but I think there were 3 major mistakes made by Heupel.

1. Not starting Hooker

2. Not challenging the spot on Hooker's run near the end of the game near the red zone.

3. The playcall on 4th and inches was atrocious.
And getting the ball to the outside more. We made positive yards on the outside. Glad to see Heupel honor Johnny Majors by handing it off up the middle on first down all game.

Reactions: Zues1
Here is my question... how bad are Bailey and Hooker in practice for Heupel to say to himself... I should definitely start Milton...!

Reactions: posivol
If Heupel isn’t the answer then what other options do we have left?

How many times are we going to keep getting turned down by great coaches to find a diamond in the rough?

Personally, Heupel is getting 3 years the max unless it turns out to be a disaster before then.

I don’t think it’s time to write him off yet.
Lol. I seriously can't quit laughing. You were ranting all week about how we were gonna beat Pitt as if it was matter of fact, and now Heupel isn't the answer? I had a good feeling we'd lose this game today, and it really had little to do with Heupel, that is unless he stuck with Milton too long. We had a chance after he went with another QB. We'll see what he does moving forward and he still may not be the guy. But this is just too funny.

Reactions: tbh
Lol. I seriously can't quit laughing. You were ranting all week about how we were gonna beat Pitt as if it was matter of fact, and now Heupel isn't the answer? I had a good feeling we'd lose this game today, and it really had little to do with Heupel, that is unless he stuck with Milton too long. We had a chance after he went with another QB. We'll see what he does moving forward and he still may not be the guy. But this is just too funny.

This a direct quote to fans like you who already wrote Heupel off after two games.

Sorry you failed to realize it.

Not saying it was the right call but did Hooker not have the option to pull the ball? It looked like he could have gotten the 1st easily.
If you watch that play again the safety made the move toward Hooker and changed direction when he knew Hooker didn't keep it. So I don't think he would of made it, but who knows.

Folks calling for Heupel to be fired....
Starting QB - out with injury
Starting RB - out before game
Second RB - out with injury
Starting DT - out with injury
Starting LB - out with injury

This was all in one game !!!
I dare say there are few coaches that could absorb that many loses and corrections in one game and win, outside of Bama who has NFL talent in the 3 deep.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

How many times are we going to keep getting turned down by great coaches to find a diamond in the rough?

Personally, Heupel is getting 3 years the max unless it turns out to be a disaster before then.

Delete this thread. Idiotic to say this in 2 games.

Reactions: 1967vol
And getting the ball to the outside more. We made positive yards on the outside. Glad to see Heupel honor Johnny Majors by handing it off up the middle on first down all game.
I agree with these three things mentioned and the insistence on running the ball on 1st and 2nd down too much. However, he did adjust to that tendency and the play calling improved for the most part. But people, we need to hang in there for Heupel. Is he a perfect innovator? No, but he wanted this job and he is our best option going forward. Today was not a disaster. Lots to fix, but lots to rally behind as well. Be patient and stand behind this team. A lot of courage was shown out there today, and I for one am proud of our team.

This was game 2 brah…. Take a pill… have a drink…. Hit the bong…. Just calm yo’ ass down

Reactions: Alto1 and tbh
This is why no one wants this job. People questioning the coach's future after 2 games, when he inherited a 3-7 team that had 30 scholarship players hit the portal, and most of the top recruits in the signing class also seek releases from their letters of intent. This is why, in this bizarro future, Kentucky, South Carolina, Missouri, etc. are more attractive jobs than Tennessee.

I like the scheme that Heupel put together, but I think there were 3 major mistakes made by Heupel.

1. Not starting Hooker

2. Not challenging the spot on Hooker's run near the end of the game near the red zone.

3. The playcall on 4th and inches was atrocious.
Triple like

For the sake of our program we need Heupel to be the guy. If we have to reset after year 3 again, then we will be in the exact same boat 3 years after that coach.

Im disappointed but holy f..k its two games you numbskulls.

VN Store

Back