Who’s the Answer?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
If Heupel isn’t the answer then what other options do we have left?

How many times are we going to keep getting turned down by great coaches to find a diamond in the rough?

Personally, Heupel is getting 3 years the max unless it turns out to be a disaster before then.

I don’t think it’s time to write him off yet.

Reactions: Remy

How many times are we going to keep getting turned down by great coaches to find a diamond in the rough?

Personally, Heupel is getting 3 years the max unless it turns out to be a disaster before then.

Are we really starting this conversation already! Damn volnation is something else smh!

I thought Pat Ryan has been a solid add to the Vol Network broadcast, his insight, experience an analysis is spot on and delivered in a how you see it objective manner, while Blob just babbles, spins and shills for the University which has produced this garbage mediocrity for 10 or 12 years now

If Heuple can learn from mistakes and grow I think he can least get 4 5 years to prove he can . But starting Milton was dumb and his play calling is Butch like my way or the highway just win at any cost call plays that work.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Heupel IMO has next year locked in no matter what. After what I've seen it doesn't appear he can put a team on the field that will not beat itself in penalties and other mistakes. This team played hard but played bad football overall, waaaaaaaaay too many mistakes. THAT is on coaching. Year 3 is tops for him IMO then he's gone and those crying for more time like his personal AD can go with him, THAT IS Unless he performs miracles between now and then.

Heupel IMO has next year locked in no matter what. After what I've seen it doesn't appear he can put a team on the field that will not beat itself in penalties and other mistakes. This team played hard but played bad football overall, waaaaaaaaay too many mistakes. THAT is on coaching. Year 3 is tops for him IMO then he's gone and those crying for more time like his personal AD can go with him, THAT IS Unless he performs miracles between now and then.
Unless his recruiting really picks up , they should start looking around next year.
The teams with the best players wins most of the time.
Spend the money a few years for players and it will be much easier to lure a real top level coach. You can't win with cheap coaches AND cheap players.

Milton may be the longterm answer but he isn't today. Hooker has too much playing experience to make the mistakes he made today. Bailey is not mobile enough to play behind this o line. The only answer is patience

The one thing I will say is that if someone's going to trot around talking about firing Heupel after two games, or six games, or whatever, then they better bring the 25 million dollars it'll cost to buy out the staff with them.

Oh, and the extra 10-15 million it'll take to convince some other coach to come work at a school with outsized expectations coupled with a constantly hot seat and a track record of getting coaches fired, who fires its most recent hire after less than a season of effort. To say nothing of the lack of confidence potential coaches would have in the control and authority of the UTAD.

You wanna fire the guy, okay, step up to the plate and show us the stacks.

I don’t think it’s fair to fire a coach until the majority of the team is HIS players that he has recruited to fit his system.

I like the scheme that Heupel put together, but I think there were 3 major mistakes made by Heupel.

1. Not starting Hooker

2. Not challenging the spot on Hooker's run near the end of the game near the red zone.

3. The playcall on 4th and inches was atrocious.

Not saying it was the right call but did Hooker not have the option to pull the ball? It looked like he could have gotten the 1st easily.

Jesus. It’s too soon for these posts

Of course it isn’t time to write him off after 1 loss.

Wow pull the reigns it’s been 2 games

Nothing wrong with Heupel...yet. I think he'll be fine. Our team just did everything wrong that typically leads to a blowout against a decent team yet they had multiple shots at winning the game late. I think it's reasonable to feel hopeless when you watch your team lose games against similar teams 34-10 under Pruitt...but not when your new coach and system give you the chance to win in spite of the team shooting themselves in the foot time after time. If we're still having the same major issues late in the season, then I'll be concerned.

These posts shouldn't be allowed til after the new Coaches third year. He ain't going nowhere. Even if he loses every game 2 years straight.

Only way he's gone is if he does something against the rules.

I think he can do well here once he gets the QB situation under control.

VN Store

Back