White supremacist mows down mosque in NZ

Quoting this as related but open question for the forum:

At what point do a person’s written statements on the internet become more than an issue of credibility/integrity and more of a legitimate concern that they might do something like this?
I don't know how one would preemptively judge when a person goes from harmless keyboard jockey to legitimate threat to people and property.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Anti-Muslim sentiment is a part of the MAGA movement. You can't deny that. Doesn't mean Trump supports terrorist attacks on them. That is the kind of false equivalency you can expect, however.

Anti Israeli sentiment is an undeniable part of your side. Does your side hold any responsible for attacks on Jews, or is the entire premise that this has anything to do with Trump merely absurd?

Here in Chattanooga we had a guy killed right down the street from where I live. It was a Craigslist Xbox sale gone bad. The guy killed was Muslim and the murder reportedly said “Fing Muslim” after shooting him. Strange that the Muslim hate was left out of the press. The only reason I know about it is the brother of one of the police officers works for me.
Was the perp White?

Not sure I just had the thought reading Granf’s post. I’ll try to check into that.

All these mass shooters are judged crazy after the fact. Just legitimately curious if there are any common rhetorical threads among them that would tend to identify them as planning something ahead of time.
Didn't Dylan roof have crazy posts before his shooting? Seems like I heard that.

Anti-Muslim sentiment is a part of the MAGA movement. You can't deny that. Doesn't mean Trump supports terrorist attacks on them. That is the kind of false equivalency you can expect, however.
The Trump victory had most people scratching their heads as to the reason he was elected. For some the vote for Trump was a vote against Hillary or a vote for political party but for others it was a vote for his Nationalist views and policies or they saw him on TV.

Reactions: luthervol
Here in Chattanooga we had a guy killed right down the street from where I live. It was a Craigslist Xbox sale gone bad. The guy killed was Muslim and the murder reportedly said “Fing Muslim” after shooting him. Strange that the Muslim hate was left out of the press. The only reason I know about it is the brother of one of the police officers works for me.

I think the idea of pushing that as “anti Muslim” is a bit far fetched.

The Trump victory had most people scratching their heads as to the reason he was elected. For some the vote for Trump was a vote against Hillary or a vote for political party but for others it was a vote for his Nationalist views and policies or they saw him on TV.
What was the reason for the vote for Hillary? Her honesty, relationship with Russia, her character?

No, it's not false. You may think they're strick, but in comparison to other countries in the region, they are lax.

"The massacre prompted a tightening of New Zealand's gun laws, which were first passed in 1983. However they are still considered more relaxed than many other countries outside the United States."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceani...e-new-zealand-s-gun-laws-20190315-p514l6.html

It's not going to take long for your side to turn this into a gun control crusade.

No, it's not false. You may think they're strick, but in comparison to other countries in the region, they are lax.

"The massacre prompted a tightening of New Zealand's gun laws, which were first passed in 1983. However they are still considered more relaxed than many other countries outside the United States."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceani...e-new-zealand-s-gun-laws-20190315-p514l6.html

That sounds very subjective. What makes the gun laws of a country that requires any gun to be registered?

The massacre prompted a tightening of New Zealand's gun laws, which were first passed in 1983. However they are still considered more relaxed than many other countries outside the United States.
No they are not. They can't even carry for self defense in that country. They also have to get a license to own a gun.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Loud and proud.......MAGA
So you're pro islam? The group that believes in raping children, beating women, killing homosexuals, and killing anybody who doesn't convert to their religion? This is where you liberals are off the deep end. You claim to be against everything that islam teaches, yet you support it. Explain?

She didn't have a message about actual policy so it must be a vote for Party or the Anti-Trump vote.
Just wondering, cause I was scratching my head over both choices.

I don't know how one would preemptively judge when a person goes from harmless keyboard jockey to legitimate threat to people and property.

Yeah I don’t think you can. That’s why I thought it was interesting.

It seems like, after the fact, you can look and it seems obvious, but I bet I could open the Ilhan Omar thread and find at least two posts about Muslims on the first page that seem vaguely paranoid. I don’t automatically assume that the poster is about to go shoot up a mosque. If I read those same posts after the fact, would I feel like “damn I should have seen this coming?” I think I would feel that way but looking at it from this side of the glass that seems totally irrational.

I think the fact of the event greatly colors our perception of the individual.

Reactions: McDad
So you're pro islam? The group that believes in raping children, beating women, killing homosexuals, and killing anybody who doesn't convert to their religion? This is where you liberals are off the deep end. You claim to be against everything that islam teaches, yet you support it. Explain?
This is the left today. They are OK with murder as long as it's not a muslim terrorist.

That didn’t take long

I'm not saying Trump is THE reason for this. He is, however, doing his part to normalize and legitimize attitudes of hate and disgust for the "other." That is making these loons feel emboldened and they're coming out of the woodwork all over the world.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
I'm not saying Trump is THE reason for this. He is, however, doing his part to normalize and legitimize attitudes of hate and disgust for the "other." That is making these loons feel emboldened and they're coming out of the woodwork all over the world.
Nope, that would be the liberal media and Antifa and the Democratic party.

VN Store

Back