Whispers on Stokes' Top 3

They may not but they must have a breifcase loaded with $100 bills. Not that Calipari would have anything to do with that.:birgits_giggle:

$hame on you for talking about Cal like that. He i$ a po$ter boy for coaching with cla$$.

Reactions: 1 person
I though UK doesn't have a scholly for him?

They don't. Lawvol was correct and I was wrong. I thought Poole leaving Kentucky freed up a scholly. Not so as the scholarship awarded reflects against your headcount for the entire academic year even though you may transfer out during the year. Here is the NCAA bylaw describing this:

15.5.1.5 Cancellation of Aid. Once an individual becomes a counter in a head-count sport (see Bylaws
15.5.2, 15.5.4, 15.5.5, 15.5.7), the individual normally continues as a counter for the remainder of the academic
year. However, if he or she voluntarily withdraws from the team prior to the first day of classes or before the first
contest of the season (whichever is earlier) and releases the institution from its obligation to provide financial aid,
the individual no longer would be considered a counter (see Bylaws 15.5.2.2 and 15.5.6.4.1).

Also according to this bylaw it would seem academic scholarships may not allow him to play (not sure though):

15.5.3.2.1.2 Institutional Academic Scholarships. Institutional academic scholarships that are part of an institution’s normal arrangements for academic scholarships, based solely on the recipient’s academic record at the certifying institution, awarded independently of athletics interests and in amounts consistent with the pattern of all such awards made by the institution, are exempt from an institution’s equivalency computation, provided the recipient has completed at least one academic year of full-time enrollment at the
certifying institution and has achieved a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.300 (on a 4.000 scale) at the certifying institution.

It would appear to me that UK and Memphis are only an option if he walks on and pays his own way. I may be wrong though.

Would be a unbelievable steal for Martin. Pretty much everyone in Memphis take it for granted that Stokes is a Memphis lock. There is obviously more to his recruitment or he would have already signed with Memphis in the early period.

In before MemphisCanes shoots this down.

Nothing to shoot down. He ain't going to Kentucky. I'll admit that UT has become more interesting in this race, as of late especially. I was intrigued by the kids impromptu trip to Kville.

If he's thinking of enrolling January (who knows if he is), he can make the most impact at UT, no question. He wouldn't see the floor at UK, and he'd come off the bench at Memphis.

Until I hear otherwise from some trusted sources, I'll stick with my prediction that he goes Memphis' way. But recruiting is a fickle mistress.

Nothing to shoot down. He ain't going to Kentucky. I'll admit that UT has become more interesting in this race, as of late especially. I was intrigued by the kids impromptu trip to Kville.

If he's thinking of enrolling January (who knows if he is), he can make the most impact at UT, no question. He wouldn't see the floor at UK, and he'd come off the bench at Memphis.

Until I hear otherwise from some trusted sources, I'll stick with my prediction that he goes Memphis' way. But recruiting is a fickle mistress.

I still think it is Memphis until I see this kid enrolled in class somewhere else. I was just messing with you, you bring a different opinion to the board, which is good.

That poor guy. I have been telling him for awhile now that UT was in MUCH better shape than he thought. But he would just reply with some garbage about how it was a done deal that he was going to Memphis.

C'mon man. I don't need anyone's pity. I'll continue to breath in and out no matter where any one recruit decides to go.

And I'm not concerned with which program is leading for Stokes at any given time. I've already heard the kid had his mind made up to go to UT, then Memphis, then Arkansas, then Memphis, now he's rumored to be a UT lean. When all is said and done, I still believe he'll be in Memphis blue. Will the earth continue to rotate if he goes elsewhere? Absolutely.

UT needs him a hell of a lot more than Memphis at this point.

The CAO of my company is a Memphis alum, and is plugged in a little behind the scenes. Before this came out, when Memphis was thought to be the destination, the vibe he got from within the AD there was that they all wouldn't care if he went elsewhere. Diva vibe is given off big-time with this kid.

Just telling you what he has heard. Talent is talent, IMO, unless the kid is a serial law breaker.

he's narrowed it down to tennessee, UK and memphis? If UT can't win that battle with those two minor league programs, something is wrong.

I would like to see UT get Stokes but, UK basketball is certainly no minor league program.

Hey guys most over here probably dont know anything about me but i usually post info in the football recruiting forums. I hardly ever have any Basketball information but im hearing alot of chatter about Stokes. I dont know what happened yesterday but the coaches seem "stoked" about stokes. Alot of people around the program think we have avery very good chance of landing him and soon.

I hardly ever speak to the bb coaches and when i do they dont give me recruiting information. this info is coming from other people within the program and not the coaches. just thought i would pass this along, would be a huge get for the program and Martin, actually it would be nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: 18 people
Hey guys most over here probably dont know anything about me but i usually post info in the football recruiting forums. I hardly ever have any Basketball information but im hearing alot of chatter about Stokes. I dont know what happened yesterday but the coaches seem "stoked" about stokes. Alot of people around the program think we have avery very good chance of landing him and soon.

I hardly ever speak to the bb coaches and when i do they dont give me recruiting information. this info is coming from other people within the program and not the coaches. just thought i would pass this along, would be a huge get for the program and Martin, actually it would be nothing short of amazing.

DEAR GOD!!! That's skeeter music in the basketball forum!!! What the hell is going on!!!!!!???????

Reactions: 2 people

daffy-duck-wank.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Great news, Skeeter. Would be an absolutely huge get by Martin, and would go a hell of a long way to quell some of the concerns about his recruiting ability.

By the way, for the Pearl lovers, Martin would do something in less than a year that Pearl couldn't do in six years. Pull somebody from the Memphis area that Memphis actually wanted.

Reactions: 3 people
By the way, for the Pearl lovers, Martin would do something in less than a year that Pearl couldn't do in six years. Pull somebody from the Memphis area that Memphis actually wanted.

First shot of the battle fired. This thing you guys have on here is like a civil war.

Great news, Skeeter. Would be an absolutely huge get by Martin, and would go a hell of a long way to quell some of the concerns about his recruiting ability.

i agree. hearing he wants to enroll at the school of his choice in january. ill keep my ears open.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back