Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

View attachment 533488
My Grandad's old favorite coffee mug
His Masters rocks glass
One of two pilsner glasses that my old roommate/best friend and I drank from ONLY during the 98 Vols games. We had them engraved after the season. Retired until another championship.
98 Jager NC mug
Hopefully you get to drink from that footed pilsner glass again very soon.

I’m not knocking any other whiskies from anywhere else, but I’ll remind you that there’s a reason the song lyric is, “She’s as smooth as Tennessee whiskey…”

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Two things I discovered this past week when budget shopping:

1. Plain Ole George Dickel 8 is a pretty darn good sip for a $23 bourbon.
2. Ezra Brooks $15 bourbon, though not a premium drink, can be enjoyed as a pocket friendly daily sipper when you remember it was only $15. The $100 7 year is pretty darn good though.

Most of us are paying closer to secondary for most, I don't mind it really. I enjoy the hunt and negotiating
I have some nice bottles, but past two years I have moved away from allocated stuff. In Georgia, we have a 3 tier system and most stores have a ridiculous markup on the hard to find bottles. I still look for them, but morally opposed to paying 5 times retail for something.

I have some nice bottles, but past two years I have moved away from allocated stuff. In Georgia, we have a 3 tier system and most stores have a ridiculous markup on the hard to find bottles. I still look for them, but morally opposed to paying 5 times retail for something.
I fully understand that. For me what is great about bourbon is we all have different priorities and tastes and that's what makes this hobby fun. I know people complain about the stores with the mark ups but I understand their perspective, if they sale a Weller 12 for $100 they know that within the hour the chances that same bottle pops up on secondary for $225 are very good so they should capture that extra $$ if they want.

Reactions: GTBATV
I fully understand that. For me what is great about bourbon is we all have different priorities and tastes and that's what makes this hobby fun. I know people complain about the stores with the mark ups but I understand their perspective, if they sale a Weller 12 for $100 they know that within the hour the chances that same bottle pops up on secondary for $225 are very good so they should capture that extra $$ if they want.
Agreed. I'm pro capitalism. And it's a hobby. It's just law of diminishing returns for me.

Reactions: OrangeBoro

VN Store

Back