Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Back in Dallas for work and it has been good to me so far, got a Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered today and found Michter’s toasted sour mash and 10 rye earlier. Also won a Blanton’s straight from the barrel and a Willett 6 year bourbon in fireballs today. So $26 for the blantons and 40 for the Willett.

Oh and I bought this. Solid rye and best sticker ever 😂

Attachments

• D320A8C4-F7C9-4144-92BD-A8A246540B3E.jpeg
    D320A8C4-F7C9-4144-92BD-A8A246540B3E.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I don’t believe you. I need a sample sent directly to my doors step and then and only then will I believe it.

Aren’t you from around Dickson? That’s where I grew up as well, when I finish this contract in Dallas I could probably make that happen

I live in Dickson and have since I was 2. Give me a shout and we can have a few drinks together.
I’ll be in Dallas in two weeks for a wedding. I hear I can get my hands on Buffalo Trace products pretty easily down there. If so, I may have to buy all I can find of some EHT!

I’ll be in Dallas in two weeks for a wedding. I hear I can get my hands on Buffalo Trace products pretty easily down there. If so, I may have to buy all I can find of some EHT!

I grew up in Hickman, but live off of Charlotte pike now. I’m sure we know a lot of the same people. As far as Dallas goes I’ve saw quite a bit of weller special reserve but other than a few bottles of Buffalo Trace, that’s about it.

I grew up in Hickman, but live off of Charlotte pike now. I’m sure we know a lot of the same people. As far as Dallas goes I’ve saw quite a bit of weller special reserve but other than a few bottles of Buffalo Trace, that’s about it.
Weller special reserve is my go too. Great pour!
I built the L&L Marketplace on Charlotte pike near 39th ave! I’ve done a lot of work in Nashville. Boy, it’s a small world.

Weller special reserve is my go too. Great pour!
I built the L&L Marketplace on Charlotte pike near 39th ave! I’ve done a lot of work in Nashville. Boy, it’s a small world.

And there’s a store close to where I’m staying that has several of to 1.75s I could snag you one up if you need me to. They’re 40-45ish

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
Who has visited some of the distilleries on the bourbon trail?

Driving through on the way to Middle TN in a few weeks. Have a tour booked at Buffalo Trace and one booked at Heaven Hill on a Saturday, but they're an hour away from each other and it will be cutting it close to make it to Heaven Hill on time. I was hoping to stop at a few others, but it won't be possible to take any other tours. Is it worth it to stop off to visit the gift shops for 10 mins at places like Four Roses or Wild Turkey? I guess I hope to find some special bourbon in doing so, although I've heard that doesn't really happen. Oh, and I'll have the wife and a 9 month old with me. :oops:

Driving through on the way to Middle TN in a few weeks. Have a tour booked at Buffalo Trace and one booked at Heaven Hill on a Saturday, but they're an hour away from each other and it will be cutting it close to make it to Heaven Hill on time. I was hoping to stop at a few others, but it won't be possible to take any other tours. Is it worth it to stop off to visit the gift shops for 10 mins at places like Four Roses or Wild Turkey? I guess I hope to find some special bourbon in doing so, although I've heard that doesn't really happen. Oh, and I'll have the wife and a 9 month old with me. :oops:
1792 near heaven Hill is worth it. Buffalo trace is always worth it and I recommend getting there early for your tour so you can go into the gift shop first (due to Covid, if you are on a tour, you had to go after your tour as the line to shop in the gift store can be long). If you do get in, odds are you can find some EHT or Blantons still on the shelf.
Pass on Bardstown bourbon. To California wine county fell to me although I have done it once. I wouldn’t go again.
I’m going to heaven hill, preservation and 1792 next month.
I’ve been to a bunch of them. Some are better then others but I feel it’s like pizza. There is good pizza and awesome pizza but never bad pizza. If you are in Bardstown, go to the rickhouse restaurant. Best dang steak and Fixins our bourbon club has ever had!

Last edited:
Reactions: MEDVOL

They’ve been releasing Old Fitz 16 and WHH at the HH gift shop. Get there early and you may walk away with something good.

I enjoy Woodford the most myself but Wild Turkey can be good if they are actually distilling that day.

Four Roses is a must. Pick up some Barrel Strength. You'll thank me later. Best Bourbon there is IMO......

VN Store

Back