Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Any honey holes I should check out in Middle TN? Heading to Murfreesboro from the north along I65/I24. Probably won't have a lot of time to hunt, but can maybe make a couple pit stops at places along the way.

Any honey holes I should check out in Middle TN? Heading to Murfreesboro from the north along I65/I24. Probably won't have a lot of time to hunt, but can maybe make a couple pit stops at places along the way.

Check out elixir in Spring Hill. Their store picks are usually on point and Tarak is usually generous with the samples. Also Red in Bellevue usually has some good stuff

Went to Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Heaven Hill, and Willett yesterday. Did the tour at BT and tasting at HH. Only the gift shop was open at 4R. Had a light lunch at Willett’s bar. Wish we could have stopped at Wild Turkey but didn’t have the time. Would have liked to stop at Woodford too, but everything is closed there.

I’ve spent enough money on bourbon this weekend to last me for a long time. Also found a few good bottles in Lexington. I can’t believe how terrible the selection in WV is compared to KY and TN. And that’s without seeing any of the hard to find BT products in stores. And the prices in general are much better. Regular Buffalo Trace is allocated in WV. I saw multiple bottles in a Walgreen’s in Lexington for $25. Also think I found one of the last Stagg Jr Batch 14’s in Murfreesboro.

Went to Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Heaven Hill, and Willett yesterday. Did the tour at BT and tasting at HH. Only the gift shop was open at 4R. Had a light lunch at Willett’s bar. Wish we could have stopped at Wild Turkey but didn’t have the time. Would have liked to stop at Woodford too, but everything is closed there.

I’ve spent enough money on bourbon this weekend to last me for a long time. Also found a few good bottles in Lexington. I can’t believe how terrible the selection in WV is compared to KY and TN. And that’s without seeing any of the hard to find BT products in stores. And the prices in general are much better. Regular Buffalo Trace is allocated in WV. I saw multiple bottles in a Walgreen’s in Lexington for $25. Also think I found one of the last Stagg Jr Batch 14’s in Murfreesboro.
My father in law lives in Versailles KY and asks me to find him bourbon down here, it's nuts.

Last edited:
Need your help fellas. Trying to start a decent sized bourbon collection.

Anyone have some recommendations? I have a Russell’s Reserve store pick, sazerac, New Riff single barrel and Jack Daniels single barrel select store pick currently.

VN Store

Back