Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

I got a bottle of Woodford Reserve Master's Collection today. I am told it is good, but don't think I've ever tried it.

My mom got me a bottle of 12 yo Jameson Irish whiskey she got from the distillery when she was on vacation a few years back. The label and box it came in has my name on it. I really want to save it but has anyone tried it?

I like it. The Jameson Reserve is way better though and only costs about $10 more.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My mom got me a bottle of 12 yo Jameson Irish whiskey she got from the distillery when she was on vacation a few years back. The label and box it came in has my name on it. I really want to save it but has anyone tried it?

I'd keep it since it has your name on it, and buy another to drink

Not much of a scotch drinker here. I prefer a good bourbon.

Basil Hayden's, Elijah Craig, and Eagle Rare are my preferences.

If I'm going budget Old Forrester and Weller are my jam.

Reactions: volfannbama
Scotch - Balvenie Double Wood. It's female friendly.
Bourbon - Belle Meade. It's made in Tennessee.
Irish whiskey - Tyrconnell. It's what Irish whiskey should always be.

Golfballs got me started on bourbon when this thread first got going. I like Woodford Reserve and Jefferson Small Batch. Angels Envy is excellent but out of my price range.

Reactions: theFallGuy
You should get the Laphroaig Cardeas while it's still around. They just released the triple wood and it's fantastic.

The 10 year is one of my go to's.
I like the 10. This Cask Strength is incredible. I’ll keep an eye out for the other one. Unfortunately I live where liquor is state controlled so we can only buy what the state decides to carry. Companies who do smaller and limited bottling sometimes don’t bother w the red tape and distribute those elsewhere

Not much of a scotch drinker here. I prefer a good bourbon.

Basil Hayden's, Elijah Craig, and Eagle Rare are my preferences.

If I'm going budget Old Forrester and Weller are my jam.
Where I live people go nuts for weller special reserve and they limit people to one bottle per person. I’m sure I’ve said this before but the 12 year was my everyday sipper. I used to buy it by the case. I have a few cases left and I basically never drink it.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Where I live people go nuts for weller special reserve and they limit people to one bottle per person. I’m sure I’ve said this before but the 12 year was my everyday sipper. I used to buy it by the case. I have a few cases left and I basically never drink it.
I actually went Old Grand Dad tonight. Really nice price point and pretty smooth. It's a rye mash

VN Store

Back