Which 2 seed has it worst/hardest?

Which 2 seed has it worst?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zaqhhh

So I am curious because a lot of people seem to think we got screwed, but I see us as more of a middle of the road draw. Some also think we drew favorable.

In my opinion, Michigan does have it easiest up to Gonzaga in Anaheim which is going to be very hard.

UK/TENN have it hard in different ways, we are facing blue bloods and a bad location draw in the second round but easier S16 and E8 matchups.
UK is facing dark horses which may seem easier but Iowa State is a nightmare to play and UNC of course is a tough out.

Michigan State to me got the hardest draw both in the fact Duke awaits but also in that Louisville and Maryland are both very tough. LSU was tough, idk if that will hold up given the distractions but they are my pick.

In total, I would say the hardest brackets for 2s are :

Michigan State
TENN/UK (I would give the edge to UKs being harder actually, but I know I am in the minority)
Michigan

Post your rankings and rationale below! Oh and GBO!

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Remember when folks thought we could compete with all the top schools and now we are worried about Cincy....lol

Ah, the good ol days.

I guess thats what a 20 point beat down to a 5 seed at home (basically) will do that to ya.

D15WSUlWsAIyo7S

Sucks because Nova was my dark horse. Now I'm conflicted, but I think TN has the hardest road of the four 2 seeds to get to the E8.

Not that familiar with Cinci, only seen them play a couple times but they remind me of Ole Miss. Quick guards. I hate that matchup

Michigan State won regular season and tourney. And then got the last of the number 2 seeds...? That be crazy.

Michigan State got the shaft.

Reactions: Kinger
I think the question should be, who has the easiest 2 seed. I think Kentucky has the easiest path to the final 4!! We should win our corner of the bracket but, the elite 8, I don't know. Virginia is probably the most beatable for us of the 1 seeds. Go Big Orange!!

I think we got a good draw. Not saying we have an easy road; the tournament is always difficult, but I'd much rather be in Virginia's region than Duke or UNC's right now. And Michigan State definitely has the most difficult draw for a 2 seed.

Last edited:
I think they’re all pretty well balanced, but I’m still wondering how Michigan St got the lowest 2 seed?? It was like the committee accidentally switched Michigan and Michigan State when submitting.

I think Mich has the toughest 3 seed and I think they will lose...... but really I know nothing (still my opinion).

I also think the UNC bracket is the toughest top to bottom.

The only real problem or complaint with Tennessee is where the second game would be...... but for me Purdue/Nova look easier than other 3 seed match ups.

But for me I think UNC.s top bracket may be tougher than KY’s bottom.

Cincinnati in the second round is a tough draw for Tennessee. Our boys had better be ready because that is a great basketball team.

VN Store

Back