Where is this football program, in your mind?

Phillip Fulmer taking over as ad is the turning point. Our trajectory is heading up, and we will be competing again sooner rather than later. Fulmer knows what it takes to win football games, unlike his predecessors who were clueless.

I thought so too until this OC search unfolded.

We'll never fall to "vandy or ky" levels. Our tradition and facilities are too good. This team year in and out will pull top 15 classes. TN is a fringe top 10 all time program. The difference in having it rolling and having a great coach is the difference between the no14-16 recruiting class and no1-3. The right guy makes all the difference. And unfortunately I just don't think we got the right guy. I hope I'm wrong. But there's no reason we don't get inside the top 10 in recruiting this year. And we're not there currently
I thought so too, but the incompetency and damage done from it was worse than I thought. Fulmer was put in a ****** position with little options for HC.

The University of Tennessee continues to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on facilities but go bargain basement shopping every time they hire a coach. A definite recipe for continued disaster. Seriously, Mike Hamilton could not have destroyed this program any more completely if that had been his stated mission. Further, the University could not have kept this program buried any more completely if that was their stated mission. If it's Haslam or someone else making all of these beyond belief illogical moves, they need to go away.

Tennessee Football has been the worst football program in the SEC for at least the last 3 years. And there are no signs of improvement on the horizon. They can't fire Pruitt as this point but it's becoming more and more evident that there will be a press conference in the next 2 or 3 years announcing the search for a new head football coach for the Volunteers. And that search will be just as laughable as every other football coaching search has been in the last 10 years.

I think we all need to accept the program will never be what it once was. Landscape is just vastly changed from the 90s. We can get back to being a 8-10 win program that competes every year at least though. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: feathersax
Where's the program? Looking for the program.....where's program...

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_212545.png
    IMG_20181210_212545.png
    832 KB · Views: 2
Bout to Bust right out!!!
1515799714167.gif

Not enough credit or angst given to the caliber of teams playing in the SEC. We played Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, and even Kentucky, USCe, and Mizzou were strong teams in and out of the conference. I believe CJP will get us back to the top tier in a couple years if he is able to recruit well and we can get thru November without a loss.

VN Store

Back