Where is everyone from and located now?

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg+Dec 24, 2004 2:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GoVolsDogg @ Dec 24, 2004 2:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Dec 24, 2004 1:02 PM
I think Kemp just got old quick is all.

There is a high school competition coming here soon, the Les Schwab invitational. Oak Hill academy is coming from Virginia as well as two other national schools and competing against Oregon&#39;s best. It&#39;s gonna be pretty sweet.

Didn&#39;t Carmelo come from Oak Hill before Syracuse? [/quote]
Yep. There will also be a team from Maryland, as well as SoCal.

http://www.promaxevents.com/lsinv/

Our own Jesuit Crusaders are the defending champions, who are consistently very good and have sent players to Gonzaga and Duke, just to name a couple. Mike Dunleavy of the Golden State Warriors went there, and they are now headed up by the combo of the Tarver brothers, Seth and Josh. Sons of former NFL running back John Tarver, who played for Philadelphia and New England. Seth is a junior, and the seventeeth-ranked shooting guard in the country in his class.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Dec 28, 2004 1:10 AM
........see the sig........

Johnson City, huh?

I live in Kingsport. I go to Johnson City maybe 5 or 6 times a month. Nice little city. Better than Kingsport anyway.

born in k-town, currently freeze my butt off in western Canada where people have no clue about the vols :bad:

Gosh I love my VOLS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Love the name Volsicle too....... :welcome:

GO VOLS....
GO BIG ORANGE........

:3cheers: :number1: :3cheers:

Originally posted by volsicle@Jan 3, 2005 2:30 PM
born in k-town, currently freeze my butt off in western Canada where people have no clue about the vols :bad:

Living in BC? I&#39;m a bit south down here near P-Town in Oregon.

Born in Chattanooga, moved around a lot, but (like Storm) moved back to God&#39;s Country (Knoxville) in &#39;85. Spent a few years in Memphis and a few in Florida before moving back up to K-town last summer.

Have been through or spent time in a lot of the places contained in this thread. Somebody mentioned Pickwick -- that was where I had my first (and only) sailing lesson&#33;

Originally posted by K&#045;town Vol Fan+Jan 2, 2005 1:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (K-town Vol Fan @ Jan 2, 2005 1:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JohnsonCityVol@Dec 28, 2004 1:10 AM
........see the sig........

Johnson City, huh?

I live in Kingsport. I go to Johnson City maybe 5 or 6 times a month. Nice little city. Better than Kingsport anyway. [/quote]
I was thinking this whole time when I saw you in other threads that K-Town stood for Knoxville. Welcome to the VolNation&#33;

milo i&#39;m in Edmonton, which is in Alberta which is above montana which is no where lol just kidding but serious i am stuck in edmonton...let me tell you its freezing cold here...i haven&#39;t been able to get online until today because of the weather...i want to thank everyone for the warm welcome :)

Originally posted by volsicle@Jan 6, 2005 9:03 PM
milo i&#39;m in Edmonton, which is in Alberta which is above montana which is no where lol just kidding but serious i am stuck in edmonton...let me tell you its freezing cold here...i haven&#39;t been able to get online until today because of the weather...i want to thank everyone for the warm welcome :)

How does the weather effect getting online. Does the power go out or something??

Originally posted by volsicle@Jan 6, 2005 6:03 PM

Yeah, I have had friends that have gone up that way before. I&#39;ve heard it does kinda suck. I went over north of Kalispell this summer and the weather still seemed autumn-like.

weather affects getting online b/c we have had a lot of snow and really strong winds knocking cables down..milo its not uncommon for there to be snow on the ground here before October 31 st...and i have seen it snow here in august..something seriously wrong with that :)

Not too much different from being in the Cascades, in north central Oregon. There is snow through June from time to time, and is known to have snow by the end of August as well.

True Milo true,however i&#39;m out on an open prairie..i expect snow in the mountains, but on in the flats...lol...oh well...someday i&#39;ll make it back to k-town

Snowing ten months out of the year is unusual anywhere, as most of the Cascades are on high elevation, but not that high.

Worst weather I&#39;ve ever been in is Michigan, hands down. Detroit is just a terrible place to be.

I can top Detroit whether. I spent an entire winter as far north as you can go in North America...24 hour darkness and you have to bundle up so much you can barely move if you want to go outside..and anyone who has been bundled to the point of looking like the Michelin Tire man knows what I&#39;m talking about. That was the worst...temps were so bad you didn&#39;t breath without having your face covered because the cold air could do serious damage to your lungs and throat. But I know what you mean about Detroit.

I just meant Detroit was depressing... Anybody that knows anybody who&#39;s been to Alaska knows that the whole state is a terrible place to be north of Anchorage.

lol, funny but north of Anchorage in the "summer" isn&#39;t bad at all...very beautiful...most depressing city i have been in, and i mean no disrespect when i say this...but Brownsville, TX has to be it for me...I spent as much free time as possible on South Padre Island because Brownsville is nothing

Thanks Volsicle... :welc: Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to your weather in
Edmonton...so you&#39;re originally from K-town? It&#39;s been like spring here
in GA... almost 70 yesterday butttttttttttttt we know the cold is just around
the corner.... :rolleyes: Glad to have you on board... this is a great informtive
VOLS site... the best around&#33;&#33;&#33;

GO VOLS....
GO BIG ORANGE......

Originally posted by volsicle@Jan 6, 2005 6:36 PM
lol, funny but north of Anchorage in the "summer" isn&#39;t bad at all...very beautiful...most depressing city i have been in, and i mean no disrespect when i say this...but Brownsville, TX has to be it for me...I spent as much free time as possible on South Padre Island because Brownsville is nothing

I&#39;ve heard it&#39;s just mosquitos left and right.

Born in Florence, AL, but moved to Knoxville in grade school. Met my wife at UT (she was born and raised in Knoxville) and married her my sophomore year. (Okay, my second sophomore year).

We left Tennesse in 1990 for Oklahoma, Indiana, Kansas and Missouri before moving to Dallas 7 years ago.

Florence AL...isn&#39;t that where UCLA is located (university of Calhoun left of Ardmore)? I went to school at Sparkman in Toney Al ...lots of friends who went to UCLA

VN Store

Back