Where does your user name come from?

I had a goofy, but not really ever used, nickname with my high school buddies, burntredwaffle. Used it for email and screen names on most platforms. One of those friends was on this board before me so as a joke I altered that name so he would laugh about it.

Thought about asking to change it awhile back but never made the effort.

Lived in Cleveland when I joined the site and had just read an article on Grover.

Not really. I am Grover's ghost and still pissed they give away Nobel peace prizes just for getting elected to office.

My all time favorite UGA name. He was our first basketball all American, and a great RB. He was one of the few to be drafted by the NFL and the NBA.

Back in the day, I was on the whatever-it-was Knoxville News-Sentinel forum that started demanding $$$. About that time, I moved to the SF Bay Area. Don’t @ me, I loved it, it was gorgeous, amazing geography, wonderful people, never been happier.

But it’s not exactly a Mecca of college football.

If the Vols had been halfway-decent, I could maybe have watched them at, say, 9 am or 12:30 or something equally ridic. But this was 2000-2001, and no one was broadcasting our games, at all. So I found VN, switched over to follow UT football, and there’s my username.

I’m now just over the mountains in blessed-by-God Asheville NC, but I’m not going to try to change my username - happy to go by Exie. Go Vols.
@VolNExile
Sup

Megatron is one of my favorite Transformers characters. So I figured I’d use that as my Username.

I first started posting at FireRandySanders.com. There was absolutely no moderation on that sight and you could post anything you wanted. With all the smack talk that went on I chose Carl Pickens because of the Sports Illustrated article on him
Dude With a ‘Tude…. And he was one of my favorite players.

Attachments

• D660DA0D-3073-4720-92B7-84DA7BF4A7A3.jpeg
    D660DA0D-3073-4720-92B7-84DA7BF4A7A3.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FE17CF35-68DF-441F-B5C3-A406EB03663D.png
    FE17CF35-68DF-441F-B5C3-A406EB03663D.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
I am a tall guy, ~ 6'4. I had this nickname (TalI Guy) when I lived in Knoxville. It started on a trip to Mexico. I accidentally misspelled "The Tall Guy" as The Tall Gguy.

VN Store

Back