Where do we end up in AP poll

Ahead of Wisconsin, who if held to the same standard that we were, should drop 7-8 spots after a horrible game against Georgia State.

Reactions: 2 people
The rankings don't mean squat this year. Example: Texas - beat Notre Dame and got bumped to 11? One game and almost a top-ten slot, nah. Georgia bumps ahead of us over their win when we win the game against App St.? Nah, rankings are more messed up than I can recall; honestly, the numbers besides the names this year don't even relate to the play that expected on the field. JMO
The media, and whole world for that matter, are showing that they are prisoner of the moment cuckbois

I say we move up to 12 but if we would've been winning convincingly these 3 games we would be top 5. That would be mind blowing.

The rankings don't mean squat this year. Example: Texas - beat Notre Dame and got bumped to 11? One game and almost a top-ten slot, nah. Georgia bumps ahead of us over their win when we win the game against App St.? Nah, rankings are more messed up than I can recall; honestly, the numbers besides the names this year don't even relate to the play that expected on the field. JMO

This is why there should be preseason or exhibition games. Or just do away with the preseason rankings as a whole.

The point spread before the game was +27 for the Vols. The final score was 28-19 which is a +9. If we don't drop in the polls I'll be surprised.

You may be right but that may be superficially reactionary and I'm not saying it wouldn't happen. I think it's possible we may move up 3 or 4 spots. There are some who still believe we have a very strong possibility of getting to at least 5-0.

ESPN Stats and Information

No. 15 Tennessee is 3-0. There is a 12% chance, per the Football Power Index, that the Volunteers can make it to 7-0.

58bb6292-747c-460b-8a3a-51a86cfa901c.jpg

honestly i think we should drop out of the top 25. especially after todays performance. maybe that will light a fire under this staff and team. if not here's to 0-12! sadly.

Touché

They ... We ... Us ... Either way TENNESSEE doesn't deserve the ranking they hold now.

Why don't they? Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of mid major and FCS schools this year have beaten or given ranked teams scares. We haven't passed the eye test but we have won so as far as I'm concerned nothing can be judged good or bad until the outcome of next week.

Oh and a quick Stat for you VT best the breaks off of Boston College and seem to be ready for a strong year. Just something to thing about.

We better get UF and UGA. TAM and UA gonna be tough. Gotta give UGA and Eason credit for comeback, and fact that they're 3-0, but if not for interference calls in both UNC games and MZ games, they could very well be 1-2. Eason best looking young QB in SEC in years.

3 teams immediately in front of us (#11 Texas, #13 Iowa, #14 Oklahoma) lost and the teams at our heels didn't look impressive at all (#16 UGA and #17 A&M). So while we looked bad, we should still move up to at least #13. Next weekend's game should be something like a 13 v. 21 matchup.

The point spread before the game was +27 for the Vols. The final score was 28-19 which is a +9. If we don't drop in the polls I'll be surprised.

Who's going to stay ahead of us? Iowa? Georgia? Oklahoma? Texas? Lot of embarrassing losses (and wins) in front of us.

Who cares? They honestly deserve to drop. We don't deserve a top 15 ranking at this point and look for it to drop more in the weeks coming.

Until we lose, I care.

Looking at the polls on Sunday mornings after a win ( ugly or not) trying to figure out what the top 25 will look like is fun for me. I've been disappointed so far just like everyone else, but a win next week, which is still possible, will do wonders for my recovery.

*disclaimer. A loss next week and my next post will make you wonder who the f posted this one.

Reactions: 1 person
honestly if it takes dropping to motivate this team so be it. couldnt give two ****s about the rankings.

Four teams above Tennessee lost (Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa). Another team, Wisconsin struggled against a win less team but won - will be interesting to see how the voters treat this situation. Will they be consistent or not is the question. Iowa and OU should fall below UT. What happens with Texas will depend upon how folks viewed the team they played. FSU will fall, but those that vote for them will not bottom them out.

Quite a few teams below Tennessee lost as well. The teams that won, the only ones that may look impressive were playing teams they should have beat like they beat. Texas A&M beat Auburn about the same way that FSU beat Auburn - but when you look at the beat down on FSU by Louisville - it takes the luster away in my opinion.

I think they either stay at 15 or move up.

You all can complain as much as you want about Tennessee - but to be honest there are only a handful of teams in the top 25 that look better than Tennessee. Most teams are battling inconsistent play.

Who's going to stay ahead of us? Iowa? Georgia? Oklahoma? Texas? Lot of embarrassing losses (and wins) in front of us.

Folks on here don't want to see or admit that. We'll see if those that vote in the polls notice that as well.

Sitting at #15 this week. #14 Iowa lost and it looks like #13 Oklahoma will as well. With our performance and that of those behind us do we drop back to 20's or stay where we are?

Edit : I care which is why I posed the question.

Really? All of the injuries, our biggest game so far that could make or break this season, and you are worried about polls that don't mean sh@!. Talk about instant gradification, my advice son is let the season play out.

I just realized that the impressive Texas win was against Notre Dame that lost to Michigan State at home. And Texas lost to California that lost to San Diego State.

Big jump this week, to #11, Florida goes to #17. The AP Wants to help EVERYONE make more money. More hype, more Gameday, more bricks MO MONEY!

VN Store

Back