Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: synthesizing results -- I'll update this if the percentages change significantly --

1. About 11% of us (65 of 588) actually live in the Knoxville area. So we're mostly not a Knoxville crowd. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. A bit less than two-thirds of us (356 of 588, 61%) currently live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually. We are a mobile society.

3. Among those of us who do live in state, we're split 15% west, 32% central, 53% east. That's interesting.

p.p.s. and SECOND EDIT:

You ask, I deliver :)

There are now options for Atlanta metro area, and outside the United States. Everyone who already put in a response should have the option to Change Vote (bottom right corner of the poll chart) if one of these new responses more accurately reflects your situation. Thanks for the suggestions, Ed and DG. :)

I will not allow you to conduct a census of my whereabouts!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
That was awesome! Thanks a bunch. I am definitely not from Baton Rouge ... but I don't guess my kids would say the same about them.
That song dropped about the time I moved from Knoxville to Wisconsin. It became my mantra. “I’m not from here I just live here”. Watched Wisconsin football become better than UT football. Learned to HATE OSU as much as UF and Bama Just found out on Monday that I may have got a job back home. Praying.

You in a frat or play a sport?
My name is Sam Malone. You probably don't know me. When I went back to get my degree I was pushing 50. I got a BBA degree with a concentration in economics. I was a computer lab assistant in the Kimbrough Bldg. Way back in the early 60s, between drunken binges and skirt chasing I went to APSU just long enough to get a letter jacket in the shot and discus (for social reasons only).

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Tullahoma (remember Joe Ricco's Pizza?) and gradeeated from FCHS in Winchester. Made the Friday night circuit around "The Grill" and the Bowling alley more than a few times! Often venturing to the skating rink in Cowan when they had a band. Too young to go to "Party Weekend" in Sewanee, but had my first sit down beer in Tubbies ( Roadhouse in Monteagle) at the ripe old age of 15!

Tullahoma (remember Joe Ricco's Pizza?) and gradeeated from FCHS in Winchester. Made the Friday night circuit around "The Grill" and the Bowling alley more than a few times! Often venturing to the skating rink in Cowan when they had a band. Too young to go to "Party Weekend" in Sewanee, but had my first sit down beer in Tubbies ( Roadhouse in Monteagle) at the ripe old age of 15!
I know all those places and a bootlegger house or two.

Grew up in Estill Springs and '70 FCHS graduate. UT alumnus and living in NC since 1981.

I know all those places and a bootlegger house or two.

Grew up in Estill Springs and '70 FCHS graduate. UT alumnus and living in NC since 1981.
Lon A. Tucker? 😊 Estill had a little pool hall that was cool. There was a pool hall in Winchester across from the men's store (H&W?) and Hudson's bakery that sold the best chili, hamburger and cold coke.

Reactions: Poppa T
Sounds like you may have been a few years ahead of me. By the time I was cruising, the Grill was closed. We did have the Sonic for the turn and of course Smitty’s.
First sit down Beer was at Champs around the same age. Second was probably Brown’s Pool Room. Spent a lot of time in the mud up the Turnpike, Tally Top as well as other areas. Good times

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
My name is Sam Malone. You probably don't know me. When I went back to get my degree I was pushing 50. I got a BBA degree with a concentration in economics. I was a computer lab assistant in the Kimbrough Bldg. Way back in the early 60s, between drunken binges and skirt chasing I went to APSU just long enough to get a letter jacket in the shot and discus (for social reasons only).

I know you. In fact I would guess that everybody knows your name. You were a relief pitcher for the Red Sox and later owned a bar in downtown Boston. Did you ever marry Diane?

I used to go to Riccos for pizza and an order of bread. And of course the beer. Almost got shot at Tubbys one night too

VN Store

Back