Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
Dad from Saltillo, north of Savannah on opposite side of the river. Was at UT in the early 30s as an engineering student. Didn’t graduate due to the depression . Mom from Tullahoma. Was in UT early 40’s. They met at Arnold Air Force and NASA pulled them to Huntsville in the early 60s.
I still live in Huntsville but spent my time on the Hill ‘75-‘79.

“Where are we from” and “where do we live” are totally different questions. Northeast TN will always be home. Wilmington is where my mail has been delivered for years now.
Amen! I will always be from Greeneville, lived in Knoxville most of decade tween 73 and 83, been exiled to the bayous of Baton Rouge since then.☹

Last edited:
Grew up in Tipton County, TN (North of Memphis) and currently reside in Lakeland, TN about a mile from the Waffle House (ha)

Born in Clarksville. Lived mostly in NY. Been stationed all over. In Clarksville now, and plan to retire somewhere in the great state of TN

I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: Really early results -- I'll update this again as more numbers come in.

1. Wow...only 1 out of the first 38 responses are people who actually live in the Knoxville area. We're not a Knoxville crowd, at least not so far. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. About two-thirds of us (25 of 38) live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually.

3. Among those of us who live in this great state, we're split 2 west, 10 central, 13 east. That's interesting.
I don’t think it’s surprising to see so many out of state posters. First based on population. But also because it’s not like OOS Vols can talk Tennessee anywhere but online.

Bells, Tennessee and now in Extreme North MIss!
My family was from Bells. Both parents graduated from Bells high school.
I was born in Jackson TN. Was an army brat and moved all over. Last duty station Ft. McClellan AL. I currently live in Anniston AL.

VN Store

Back