Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: synthesizing results -- I'll update this if the percentages change significantly --

1. About 11% of us (65 of 588) actually live in the Knoxville area. So we're mostly not a Knoxville crowd. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. A bit less than two-thirds of us (356 of 588, 61%) currently live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually. We are a mobile society.

3. Among those of us who do live in state, we're split 15% west, 32% central, 53% east. That's interesting.

p.p.s. and SECOND EDIT:

You ask, I deliver :)

There are now options for Atlanta metro area, and outside the United States. Everyone who already put in a response should have the option to Change Vote (bottom right corner of the poll chart) if one of these new responses more accurately reflects your situation. Thanks for the suggestions, Ed and DG. :)[/QUOT
ar135835660268732.jpg

Reactions: ArdentVol
Joe knows the little town where I from speedwell , there is nothing here but God fearing people that truly have volunteer spirit . Help you in anyway they can . It's good to know there is still people like that in this old world
Yep. I've had a craving for fishing in Earl's holler ever since you mentioned it a while back 😆

I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: synthesizing results -- I'll update this if the percentages change significantly --

1. About 11% of us (65 of 588) actually live in the Knoxville area. So we're mostly not a Knoxville crowd. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. A bit less than two-thirds of us (356 of 588, 61%) currently live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually. We are a mobile society.

3. Among those of us who do live in state, we're split 15% west, 32% central, 53% east. That's interesting.

p.p.s. and SECOND EDIT:

You ask, I deliver :)

There are now options for Atlanta metro area, and outside the United States. Everyone who already put in a response should have the option to Change Vote (bottom right corner of the poll chart) if one of these new responses more accurately reflects your situation. Thanks for the suggestions, Ed and DG. :)
This was a great idea. Thanks for doing it.

Joe knows the little town where I from speedwell , there is nothing here but God fearing people that truly have volunteer spirit . Help you in anyway they can . It's good to know there is still people like that in this old world

Probably bumped into you at the tiger mart before

Reactions: joevol33
“Where are we from” and “where do we live” are totally different questions. Northeast TN will always be home. Wilmington is where my mail has been delivered for years now.
Basically this. I would say I am from Memphis, TN. I went to school in Knoxville, and lived there for 5 years. I am now living in Central Indiana. Ironically, my drive from out of state is shorter than the one I made from Memphis. The major difference is that I now have kids which makes that ride feel 2X longer.

"University of Mars"

10 points to anyone old enough to remember that without googling it.

There is a diaspora from the University of Tennessee. UT degrees are valued worldwide.

I just had this conversation with a buddy of mine. His daughter wants to go to Maryville College. While Maryville is a fine school in state tuition is 33k. UTK in state is 12k. My point was with a UT diploma she could go anywhere in the world and people would recognize it. If she leaves the state I doubt anyone would even recognize a Maryville diploma. So she would pay almost three times the money for a lesser degree IMO. Even at 12k UT is a bargain.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
In middle Tennessee on the border of East Tennessee.

Dunlap, The Heart of the Beautiful Sequatchie Valley !

I love Dunlap. My folks live in Soddy Daisy and the old family farm is in Sparta so I have driven 111 through dunlap hundreds of times. That is a truly beautiful valley especially when all the hang gliders are flying.

Born in Johnson City, TN. Moved to Myrtle Beach, SC at the age of 4 and lived there until college. 4 years of college in Gaffney, SC. Been in Columbia, SC for the last 17 years.

VN Store

Back