Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I shipped a lot of cotton to Dundee Mills. Been a long time since I heard that name.

It was a very good company. The ruling family I guess were depleted and had no one really to pass on the reins, so they decided to sell out. Several of the long timers pooled their buyouts and went in on Southern Terry and renamed 1888 Mills, which was the original founding date of Dundee. If you delivered to us, you probably delivered to htem as well.Springs bought us out to jump into the towel game. they had no clue, and ruined a great and profitable company. Moved us heavy into retail lines and that wasn't our game. We were about 85% institutional market. Springs invested a lot of money into machinery and all for the retail market, but they eventually started closing us down and retreated heavily into a bunker. they even ditched a good bit of their own manufacturing and got more into outsourcing for a while. Who did you run cotton for?

It was a very good company. The ruling family I guess were depleted and had no one really to pass on the reins, so they decided to sell out. Several of the long timers pooled their buyouts and went in on Southern Terry and renamed 1888 Mills, which was the original founding date of Dundee. If you delivered to us, you probably delivered to htem as well.Springs bought us out to jump into the towel game. they had no clue, and ruined a great and profitable company. Moved us heavy into retail lines and that wasn't our game. We were about 85% institutional market. Springs invested a lot of money into machinery and all for the retail market, but they eventually started closing us down and retreated heavily into a bunker. they even ditched a good bit of their own manufacturing and got more into outsourcing for a while. Who did you run cotton for?

Was the managing partner of a warehouse in Cordele with some folks out of Memphis. I shipped for all the major shippers, Dunavant, Weil, Hohenberg and a ton of smaller shippers. Also had a gin.

Eastman, GA. Original home of Stuckey's Candy. Just 25 miles from the home of M. Callaway. There's a handful of Vols here in my area.
I've never been through that part of Georgia that I know of.

My Mom and Dad both are from Tennessee including pretty much the rest of the family, Sequatchie Valley area. My Dad played football at MTSU then joined the Air Force. A British hillbilly was born in England in 1984 with orange running thru my veins! We moved back to the the states to South Dakota, Mississippi, then back home to Tennessee. No matter where I’ve been I’ve always been a Tennessee Vol!

I live on Thomas now, right behind the curve! Small world.

PS, La Vela's shut down. Hurricane victim just like tons of other places here.
Ah dang, that’s too bad about La Vela. I used to get tattooed at Black Cat. I believe the owner died and it changed names.

I was only there for a year, but it was a good time. I was 20, so we partied a lot. We probably know a lot of the same people if you’re from there. Blake Harrison, by chance? He’s one of my better friends. Some other folks I hung with were David Wall, Ryan Moore, there are probably others if I thought about it. Know those guys?

Oh and dude, Fatty’s was my jam. Glad to see Charlie’s place is still open.

Also, I bumped into Pat Summit at a fish market in PCB. She signed a Tennessee basketball for me, which later got stolen along with my buddies car that I was driving, parked at a chicks apartment complex overnight. I’m telling you, I’ve got some stories for only being there for a year haha

“Where are we from” and “where do we live” are totally different questions. Northeast TN will always be home. Wilmington is where my mail has been delivered for years now.
I agree. I'm from Erwin TN, called Carolina Beach NC home and now live in Charleston SC.

Reactions: Vols&Vettes
Born in Cookeville, and went to college there. Grew up in Portland, lived in Hendersonville for a while, and now I’m in Gallatin, hopefully until I meet Jesus.

Born in upper East Tennessee and raised on a steady diet of Vols sports by my Grandfather.

Living and working over in central North Carolina, and now Charlotte, since mid 90's.

Did just the opposite. Got out of east Nashville 3 years ago. Way too many yuppies moved in. Love it here in Lyles.

I grew up right down the road that goes back behind the Dollar Store by the Elementary School. I avoided East Nashville and live off of Charlotte pike in West Nashville now.

My wife is the VFL and I have learned to love the Vols almost as much as I love her. I'm an Alum of St. Louis U and they do not play football. While we are both from St. Louis we have lived in Florida since 2000. We live in Lakewood Ranch, FL. I really enjoy this website and thank all the fans who post and keep us informed of all Vols sports.

SLU has great basketball fans and tradition, and Ijust happened to watch Billikens' game at Davidson on Wednesday. Became a Cards fan during the Gibson years. We're living in Alabama but I love STL and the state of Tennessee. Been visiting UCity regularly since 2000, when son started grad school at WashU. His wife is from STL and finished at SLU med school.

Reactions: Schasz
Northeast Georgia, little town called demorest. Bout 45 minutes from Athens, 20 from Gainesville.
Joe knows the little town where I from speedwell , there is nothing here but God fearing people that truly have volunteer spirit . Help you in anyway they can . It's good to know there is still people like that in this old world

VN Store

Back