When should we be hiring assistant coaches

Very will could be exactly what happens.

I’m not trying to say QB “will” be a strong point. However I feel it has to be better than this year. HB will have had a year under him, and Tennessee will have another young QB. There will be no JG therefore Pruitt will be free to “actually” play either.

I just hope people don’t get “overly” excited “if” Tennessee wins 6 or 7 (or heck even 8) next year.......that isn’t good.....especially if they get blown out by Georgia, Florida and Bama.

They should “have” to win 8 or more and be competitive in all others in order for Pruitt to stay.

I didn't see anything from HB telling me he is ready to be the starter going into next season. This is not so much a dis on his ability, as it is an indictment against the staff's capability to develop talent.
Don't know why HB is still sticking around for another season of keeping the bench warm? I get the feeling that Pruitt doesn't believe he is good enough to compete for the starting job. If it was my future and career at stake, I would be looking at the transfer portal to see if there are any better opportunities to start at the smaller schools.

Seriously, all the AD and boosters care about is winning enough games to get an invite to the toilet bowl, so can they keep selling the diehards false hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I could be wrong......I often am; however “if” Pruitt stays through next year (and by most accounts he is.....although I’m still hopeful) I suspect he will stay another as well.

Next year (just my opinion) looks to be much better than this year. The schedule will be much easier. Tennessee might have better QB play, and I could certainly see Tennessee winning 6 or 7.....making a bowl, and Fulmer telling everyone how it’s better and we all just need to trust the process.

I’m often serious, when I post.....but hopefully people can tell. When I’m posting in “fun” it’s also “usually” easy to know.

Things have sucked for a long time.......I like to bring a bit of light heartedness and fun to everyone.......along with my displeasure of Pruitt.

Surely you could tell my post was just in fun?
Sometimes I pick up on the jokes, sometimes I don’t. I did not pick up on your joke, my bad.

Seriously, all the AD and boosters care about is winning enough games to get an invite to the toilet bowl, so can they keep selling the diehards false hope.

yes!

This is exactly what I’m afraid of. “If” somehow Tennessee makes a bowl.....Pruitt will stay even longer.

This is good for those wanting Pruitt to have more time. I feel this is bad for the Tennessee program as I don’t think he is the answer.

Sometimes I pick up on the jokes, sometimes I don’t. I did not pick up on your joke, my bad.

Ahhh.....it’s no problem

I try to be vague......as I think that’s what makes it funny when you get it.

It was a play on the Pruitt pumpers & us NegaVol’s combined.

The needing patience and the Freeze.

however I do wish Tennessee would fire Pruitt and right now Freeze would be my #1 choice (of candidates I feel would be willing).

yes!

This is exactly what I’m afraid of. “If” somehow Tennessee makes a bowl.....Pruitt will stay even longer.

This is good for those wanting Pruitt to have more time. I feel this is bad for the Tennessee program as I don’t think he is the answer.

Know I keep repeating myself, but I think things will get so toxic, that they fire him midseason and just hand the job over to Tee. Tee rallies the team with Salter. They finish the season strong, but come up one game short to make a bowl. Two years after next season, we are all back on here asking for a new coach.

Witch Doctor say unless Fulmer has the greatest card (that no one knows about and absolutely no way he could ever pull off! hah) up his sleeve.. VERY SOON. Witch Doctor HOPE some the assistants are coaching bowls right now the only reason. Transfers have been very low and they should be moving if they are so thats a good sign Witchy think

Bones Never Lie.

Ahhh.....it’s no problem

I try to be vague......as I think that’s what makes it funny when you get it.

It was a play on the Pruitt pumpers & us NegaVol’s combined.

The needing patience and the Freeze.

however I do wish Tennessee would fire Pruitt and right now Freeze would be my #1 choice (of candidates I feel would be willing).
I agree with firing Pruitt. Freeze>Pruitt but doubt it would happen because there is just too much negative baggage and schools are going to be reluctant to hire him(especially the SEC).

Know I keep repeating myself, but I think things will get so toxic, that they fire him midseason and just hand the job over to Tee. Tee rallies the team with Salter. They finish the season strong, but come up one game short to make a bowl. Two years after next season, we are all back on here asking for a new coach.
From everything I’m hearing today , Tee is NFL.

I agree with firing Pruitt. Freeze>Pruitt but doubt it would happen because there is just too much negative baggage and schools are going to be reluctant to hire him(especially the SEC).

After “possible” Tennessee violations came up........Freeze coming here maybe ever......probably flew out the window.

I’m leaning heavily now that Pruitt is gone. Brumbaugh and now Friend already are. Weinke, Neids, and Tee are next. Felton likely is gone to join Butch. It’s a complete clown show at this point and I think Pruitt would jump at a settlement just to leave. I don’t think he wants to be here anymore than Vols fans want him here.

Tee is not leaving and turned down a job as a HC. Friend was about to be let go as was Weinke. Both of these hv been a known thing. For the record, Weinke told Simpson months ago he was not being retained. Haven't heard a thing about Neids leaving but heard the violation was nowhere near as bad as first reported.

Tee is not leaving and turned down a job as a HC. Friend was about to be let go as was Weinke. Both of these hv been a known thing. For the record, Weinke told Simpson months ago he was not being retained. Haven't heard a thing about Neids leaving but heard the violation was nowhere near as bad as first reported.
So all the stories of Tee and Pruitt butting heads and Tee not attending coaches meetings are hogwash?

VN Store

Back