When a new OC is hired.......

Creekcat

Does it add at least 2 seasons, to giving CJP his chance prove himself at Tennessee?

When? More liked If at this point. Lol

And he always had 3 years. I think it’ll stay that way. 2020 you need to compete at a higher level. That’s how it is these days.

Last edited:
So if Freeze is out does that mean Enos is staying at Bama? So we start all over? Is Briles the new flavor of the week?

Briles - Kiffin - Pruitt ... that nexus could result in Briles being hired as Vols OC.

Steady improvement. I say he has 4 years total as long as we see improvement. Not sure we saw any this year. Two wins over ranked teams but several flops too.

Does it add at least 2 seasons, to giving CJP his chance prove himself at Tennessee?

No, the fact that no one wants to work here gives him 2 extra seasons though. If its this difficult to replace an OC how would they ever hire a coach, go to the high school ranks?

Reactions: tbones0711
believe Coach Pruitt's initial contract will play out...believe AD Fulmer will give him ample time to see if he "becomes" the coach we all want him to be...recruiting coming along well, so far, and the fly in the ointment is this OC issue...it's always something...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

I'll just be happy when he hires an OC and all the crying stops. Please stop the whining it's almost been 2 weeks nonstop tears and crying every day it never ends. The Freeze frenzy was really humorous, the whispers, the work up into a frenzy could it be!?!?! is he the one?!?! Oh we're gonna be great again!!!! then slowly the realization that no he isn't... and the deflated sense end of the world around here. You could hear the air hissing out.... Hahahaha... Actually the longer this goes on especially with zero factual information getting out the funnier VN gets.

He needs enough time to recruit over the current starting o-line and QB to really see if he has what it takes.

This.
Even if we got Freeze or Briles, they both only have so much to work with. It's still going to take time. Patience is the word here. Pruitt has not even been here a year yet and already there's talk of firing him...…………...Only on VN.

the-future-improve-your-technology-31059715-800-504.jpg

So if Freeze is out does that mean Enos is staying at Bama? So we start all over? Is Briles the new flavor of the week?
Just breathe, we will have a new OC before the end of the year I am sure. Just need to stop reacting to every reporter/blogger/poster that thinks they have even the smallest clue about what is actually going on. There has not been a single press release from anyone at UT about timelines or official candidates. I also don't understand the direct connection about Freeze as his decision most probably had nothing to do with anything that is being speculated.

Reactions: Lurker
Good Lord you guys are stupid.

The "I'm smart you are stupid argument again"! I thought for years we could get any coach we wanted just a question of money. Now it has become clear that is false. No one wants to work here unless its a stepping stone up for them, lateral moves are out of the question now.

If the person he hires fixes our offense (talent and scheme) and we start winning more games every year, then he can stay longer. If his hire turns out to be as effective as Last OC that Fulmer or Jones made, then he can be shown the door just like they were.

I’m realistic to understand that Butch laid his brick by brick foundation on quicksand and we are basically in total rebuild mode which will take time. Next year, bowl game is minimum expectation but isn’t a given. If Dooley started in year zero, Pruitt is at year -1. Just get it done.

VN Store

Back