Wheels coming off at SC

No, it means they didn't renew his contract, so he was working on borrowed time and he knew it. CJP could have kept him if he had wanted to simply by giving him another two years guaranteed. Tough call--good on-field coach, but not much of a recruiter.
But wasn't the story last off season that you guys stole Chaney from uga? His contract was up as well and he wasn't renewed... Seems like that can only be the truth when it's one of yalls coaches who leaves.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Until we win something of consequence we should probably keep our mouth shut. Same for them.

But wasn't the story last off season that you guys stole Chaney from uga? His contract was up as well and he wasn't renewed... Seems like that can only be the truth when it's one of yalls coaches who leaves.
I didn't say anything about Chaney. If y'all didn't renew his contract and we picked him up unemployed, that's fine with me. How'd that work out for your next OC and the general offensive performance this year? Dawg.

Looks like they are stealing a couple of our bald retreads..oh well hope they got good buyout clauses tenor (3).gif

Worked out like 11-2 with a sugar Bowl win.
Yeah, well if the thought was that UGA could do better without Chaney and Coley was the guy for the future and that's why Chaney's 'contract was up and he wasn't renewed', at least that part didn't work out so well.

I challenge you to find those posters here that fit your accusations, and discuss it with them. That wasn't the story with everyone here and some of us think its pretty weak sauce for you to come here with your Purple Puss and call us all out on it.

Georgia fans crack me up now that they've tasted a little success, acting like they're Alabama. Lol.

Tell me something Dawgboy, after Butch Jones beat you in 15 and 16, Lol that one in 16 had to suuuuuck. Remember how that one ended? Anyway, after those two losses did any Vol fans come to your message board and talk crap?

I know the pure awesomeness of volnation lures you away from the horrible forums that UGA has but please understand something, well.... nevermind. I promised my pastor I was going to work on being a better man.

Monty
Tell us how many games you think USCe wins in 2020? Probably 6. Is that enough for Muschamp to keep his job? Is 7 wins enough?

I challenge you to find those posters here that fit your accusations, and discuss it with them. That wasn't the story with everyone here and some of us think its pretty weak sauce for you to come here with your Purple Puss and call us all out on it.

Georgia fans crack me up now that they've tasted a little success, acting like they're Alabama. Lol.

Tell me something Dawgboy, after Butch Jones beat you in 15 and 16, Lol that one in 16 had to suuuuuck. Remember how that one ended? Anyway, after those two losses did any Vol fans come to your message board and talk crap?
Yes they did. Why you so scared of having Dawgs on your forum? It's football talk. Don't be a little bxtch because you can't handle a little trash talk. I've actually had some good conversations on here with good fans who understand that 😘

Yeah, well if the thought was that UGA could do better without Chaney and Coley was the guy for the future and that's why Chaney's 'contract was up and he wasn't renewed', at least that part didn't work out so well.
The thought among many of us was that Coley was a downgrade and we hated the hire. Smart put himself in a bad position the offseason before by making him co coordinator to keep him from leaving. We knew what he was but we had to go with it. At the end of the season he was calling good games the players just weren't executing them.. Much like Tenn offense.

Reactions: WxVol
Yes they did.

Why you so scared of having Dawgs on your forum? It's football talk. Don't be a little bxtch because you can't handle a little trash talk.

I've actually had some good conversations on here with good fans who understand that 😘

I don't believe you.

"Scared"? Lol, Why in the world would I be scared?

You haven't had any conversations here after we beat you. Have you had any good conversations on a South Carolina or LSU boards lately?

I don't believe you.

"Scared"? Lol, Why in the world would I be scared?

You haven't had any conversations here after we beat you. Have you had any good conversations on a South Carolina or LSU boards lately?
Yes I have actually. This seems to be the only board that gets upset when rival fans come to talk football 🤣 seems a lot of y'all are insecure. If you beat us I guarantee I will still be here to congratulate you. Football is a game not a dxck don't take it so hard buddy

Yes I have actually. This seems to be the only board that gets upset when rival fans come to talk football 🤣 seems a lot of y'all are insecure. If you beat us I guarantee I will still be here to congratulate you. Football is a game not a dxck don't take it so hard buddy

You seem to be the only one upset, using fowl language and breaking rules of the board. And I'm not your buddy.

And I don't believe you.

The thought among many of us was that Coley was a downgrade and we hated the hire. Smart put himself in a bad position the offseason before by making him co coordinator to keep him from leaving. We knew what he was but we had to go with it. At the end of the season he was calling good games the players just weren't executing them.. Much like Tenn offense.
Promoting someone who is obviously suspect to be co-offensive coordinator with a highly proven coordinator is a weak move. Can you imagine Smart trying to coach somewhere where prospects aren't falling in your lap like Georgia..lol? By the end of the year, TN offense was executing pretty well. And by the way, your man still got demoted. I couldn't give two f**ks about Georgia, their record, or their new offensive coordinator (who will try his best to replace Chaney). All I'm saying is we got Chaney. Much like the jilted girlfriend, you try to pretend it's no big deal. Based on the success of the guy who replaced him---it's a big deal.

Promoting someone who is obviously suspect to be co-offensive coordinator with a highly proven coordinator is a weak move. Can you imagine Smart trying to coach somewhere where prospects aren't falling in your lap like Georgia..lol? By the end of the year, TN offense was executing pretty well. And by the way, your man still got demoted. I couldn't give two f**ks about Georgia, their record, or their new offensive coordinator (who will try his best to replace Chaney). All I'm saying is we got Chaney. Much like the jilted girlfriend, you try to pretend it's no big deal. Based on the success of the guy who replaced him---it's a big deal.
It's really not a big deal when your defense only gives up 20 points once in regulation (to the national champion) Chaney is a good coordinator I will never deny that. But the posts on here about rocker leaving because his contract wasn't renewed and saying it doesn't matter is equally as ignorant as us saying Chaney left because his contract wasn't renewed and it wasn't a big deal. Both are good coaches and it hurts to lose either one of them. And to your point about recruits falling in his lap Kirby didn't recruit Georgia very much this year. He went national with his recruiting. Vols fans expectations are wildly unwarranted for this coming season. The future? Yeah you guys should be competitive and possibly win the east every few years. But you can't discredit what uga has and is continuing to build. Pruitt is going to turn your program around if given the chance but it's going to take a little longer than most are wanting due to how the program was left when he got the job. You need a qb for starters and I think next season HB will be the man to take it to the next level

Butch ain't going anywhere until his buyout is complete.

Watch....Bama will cut ties with him once it's done.

Butch has shown his real moral character
I do not see any program touching Butch after the Title IX infractions and buyout at UT. You have to wonder what all was covered up in that buyout?

Georgia tried to keep Chaney there. Georgia most likely would’ve been in the playoffs if they had kept Chaney.

Rocker wasn’t coming back as a position coach regardless. Tennessee wanted to keep him in another role.

VN Store

Back