What's the most you ever paid for a UT ticket

Hacksaw11

96 Spurrier and Gators # 4 come to Neyland to face Peyton and #2 Vols. Major build up. Tickets were scarce. Paid $200 for a pair. Spurrier had his way with Peyton and Fulmer jumpoing out to a 35-0 lead. UT came back and scored late to make it 35-29. Worst first half performance I have ever seen from a UT team.

My dad paid 800 dollars on on tickets for me and him and my mom to the 2001 SEC title game vs LSU and we all know how that turned out.

Embarrassed to say but spent $250 for a pair on the streets for FL game @ Neyland (2018)

I had a bad feeling ten min later and confirmed an hour before kickoff that they were counterfeit.

The ticket office had a pair on the 50 yard line for $250-$275 (can’t remember) so I grabbed them as I didn’t want to take a chance of being scammed again by a scalper.

So I spent a total of $500 and had the pleasure of tellin my wife the next day. Plus the Gators waxed us and my son and i drive back exhausted that night to recoup some of the lost money.

I’ve never been scammed before and scalped tickets since 1995.

Paid 200 for a pair to a Florida game.......gameday was in town and we were going to decimate those gators.........then the rain fell hard at the start of the game and Clausen kept fumbling the snap and we got soaked and got our eyes drilled shut.

Tennessee would be well served to look to actually reduce seating capacity in cavernous Neyland Stadium, much as Stanford did in 2007, when they reconfigured their stadium, which actually hosted a super bowl, taking capacity down from 85,000 to 50,000, Tennessee is stuck with 25,000 seats that are hard to sell year in and year out, often times allowing their sale without contributions or donations to purchase such seats. The upper deck in the south end zone should be removed as over the last decade, those sections have been sporadically filled on inconsequential games, they have limited view of the jumbotron, if any, and would better set up as premium box and club seating with a nice expansive view of the river, realistically most NFL teams need no more than 75,000 seats with a collection of premium suites and seating. SEC attendance will continue to fluctuate depending on the schedule, the teams performance and the broadcast schedules driven by ESPN and the SEC Network.

The days of built it and they will come have yielded to broadcast it and they will watch.

Every year I donated between 2010 and 2017. WASTE OF MONEY (hence why I stopped).

At least I had fun some of the time (not often enough).

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Other than donating, I'd say the 4 I bought this year for FL @ $100/ea.

$220 ‘99 in the swamp - 2 at $110 each. Down 23-21, Jamal Lewis got stuffed twice to end our shot at a comeback. Florida was #4, we were #2 (in September).

Paid $100-$120 quite often in the 90’s.

Paid $230 for a Music City bowl ticket. Was not able to attend, had to watch on TV. Still have the ticket somewhere.

Embarrassed to say but spent $250 for a pair on the streets for FL game @ Neyland (2018)

I had a bad feeling ten min later and confirmed an hour before kickoff that they were counterfeit.

The ticket office had a pair on the 50 yard line for $250-$275 (can’t remember) so I grabbed them as I didn’t want to take a chance of being scammed again by a scalper.

So I spent a total of $500 and had the pleasure of tellin my wife the next day. Plus the Gators waxed us and my son and i drive back exhausted that night to recoup some of the lost money.

I’ve never been scammed before and scalped tickets since 1995.
We have all been there. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: vol94
Jesus, I must be cheap. I had a season ticket holder offer me tickets to the Miss St game in 2019. I was all excited until it became apparent he expected me to pay face value for them. It was extremely awkward, but I ended up turning them down.

Spent way to much way too many times to watch the Vols get beat to a pulp. But, paid 200+ to see Vols and Dobbs end the streak against Florida.

Does paying 3000+ to see Peyton get blasted by the Hawks count? Great snow storm and Central Park alleviated some of it. But I also paid 500 to watch him win the AFC Championship against the Jets.

It’s all entertainment and worth it IMO!

Reactions: VOL-TIL-I-DIE
I’ve scalped tickets for $200-$300 several times at Neyland over the years. Honestly, prices at Neyland are not really that bad though. I’ve been a big Notre Dame fan most of my life and have paid as much as $800 per ticket a few times. 2005 Notre Dame vs. USC $3900 for 4 tickets was the most I’ve ever paid.

VN Store

Back