Whats really disturbing after this game

I have definitely expected more from A Taylor, but I was more disgusted with Warrior on that play. The guy is a joke.

It crossed my mind,,,, was Taylor that stupid (hate to use that word in this case, but can't think of another) or after watching the replay, when he slowed and look back, he seemed to think he was handing off coverage. That being said, he did not quit one the play, he made or was in the tackle. It seemed to me Warrior was trying to get over to cover on the backside of Taylor. Maybe when he realized he was supposed to or realized Taylor had screwed up, hard to say. Either way it was a ----up. Not in Taylor's favor, as to thinking he was handing off coverage, a little later he did give up (as I saw it) on a TD pass play.

Reactions: tbones0711
I think Pruitt feels that if he pulls JG, the team will go to full blown disruption mode and a civil war will start. JMO. Feels like he will lose the team.

Is the fact the OL and DL played very well. Very good average by the 2 backs. Only gave up 1 sack and I though JG had a good bit of time to throw. The DL had 4 sacks and BYU had negative rushing yards for awhile. BYU really didnt do much, as UT gift wrapped them 10 points.

Had you told me the 2 lines were going to play like that I would have said UT wins by 3 scores. Its truly hard to believe they still lost (although that last big pass play, I believed it, cuz, you know, it's what they do).

It's a case of once one thing starts looking better, it begins to reveal where the other problems live. I'm sure those who are closely connected to the program already know this.

Reactions: lifeVol
Agreed on Warrior he doesn’t seem to understand how to not over pursue on a play. Had he actually put a hand on the guy that WR would’ve been stopped right there, but again he can’t seem to not over pursue and ends up out of position or straight up whiffing on a tackle all together.

As far as A Taylor is concerned the kid made a mistake and you can tell he felt horrible about it, I’m not not going to jump on him for that. He’ll learn from it and most likely won’t make that mistake again.
May be bad coaching because he gave up the inside slant for a TD in 1st OT. That's a no-no imo, inside the 10 yd. line. Spurrier and gators pulled that play every chance they had on us.

We out played BYU. But our QB cannot complete passes. We basically could not throw the ball in the second half of the game. Our offense became one dimensional. When your Offensive play book is basically 2 pages of run plays and maybe 2-3 passes. Can’t do much.

May be bad coaching because he gave up the inside slant for a TD in 1st OT. That's a no-no imo, inside the 10 yd. line. Spurrier and gators pulled that play every chance they had on us.

Yeah I’m not sure what defense we were running there. Was it Man coverage? Cause if so that was just dumb, we should’ve been in some kind of zone at that point but eh can’t do much about it now.

With a marginal QB Tennessee wins by 21

Something is missing with the backups that’s the only thing I can think of
0 game experience because our current QB is so bad that the offense cant put up enough points to let the 2nd stringers in..

Reactions: Rockyjr
On one of the unsuccessful 15 tries @ 3rd and 3. Chandler once again was waiting nearside in the flat with room to get the first but JG actually pumped the ball coming near side to bring more guys to the party before actually throwing it. Omg. He is horrible. But the dilemma is you may have to call on him later if one of the backups gets injured and then he gives you the finger.

Reactions: sccshortstop
This week has to be the week to try a new QB after last night everyone can see JG ain't going to get it done, his play caused us to change game plan and in turn got us beat

Reactions: sccshortstop
The defense didn’t force a turnover and that was the difference in the game. BYUs only regulation TD came on a short field after that horrible interception.

That's what is shocking to me, too.

The lines played poorly versus Georgia State, but much better performances this week. I wouldn't say either line had an "A" game, as O-line made some mental mistakes still, but they did keep the pocket clean for most of the night. With the exceptions of the Auburn and Kentucky game last season, we haven't seen a clean pocket in awhile. And yet, we still managed to lose.

I've been a supporter of JG, but not after this game. He would see NO playing time against UTC. By the end of that game, coach should know if we have someone else who would be a better fit.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Unfortunately just like a spread/ read option offense he picks the receiver he believes will be open based on the defense pre-snap. Then he watches that receiver to the top, or end of the route and then throws.
HE never looks anywhere else. See pick of the play just before he throws the pic.

The reason Maurer or Shrout are not starting is because a turnover is far worse than a 3-and-out. No arguments there.

The coaches--whose careers and family incomes depend on producing wins--who watch them every day and on film at night, have together determined that JG is still ahead of them in that KEY aspect.

At some point that may change. But the fact that CJP has kept saying that neither backup "has separated himself" from the other in practice, and that both are still backups, says all that needs to be said.

Desparation is an emotional, panic response--not a gameplan.

I said this last week. I reiterate it here. You have to practice full speed and prepare full speed. Doesn’t matter who the QB is. I think the coaches are great schemers, prob great recruiters, but take for granted the kids know how to play full speed cause they are in college. Throws should be made before the cuts. And should be practiced with recievers running full speed not 3/4 speed. Again, all the practice video posted by fingers, may be just warmup or may be indicative of other practice time. But its a waste of time running 3/4 speed routes with some guy waving an orange pillow at them. Needs to be practiced full speed with defenders. Thats why Peyton was great QB. Demanded they practice like it was a game. Practice throwing before the breaks. And don’t lob balls in practice and then try to rifle during the game.....
also I assume its because of injuries, but I bet they practiced some full speed contact this week! It shows they were much better on line and getting to the ball.
Other QB’s are throwing to moving targets. Ours are throwing to guys who are already open and then waiting on ball while defense collapses around it. You would think Weinke, Tee and others would be knowing this - which is why its so baffling!

I have definitely expected more from A Taylor, but I was more disgusted with Warrior on that play. The guy is a joke.

Why was Taylor playing tight coverage?

Why didn’t we have multiple safeties over the top?

It crossed my mind,,,, was Taylor that stupid (hate to use that word in this case, but can't think of another) or after watching the replay, when he slowed and look back, he seemed to think he was handing off coverage. That being said, he did not quit one the play, he made or was in the tackle. It seemed to me Warrior was trying to get over to cover on the backside of Taylor. Maybe when he realized he was supposed to or realized Taylor had screwed up, hard to say. Either way it was a ----up. Not in Taylor's favor, as to thinking he was handing off coverage, a little later he did give up (as I saw it) on a TD pass play.

If they were playing zone, that could be the case. The problem is...with the way they fail to line up, you never know what defense they are in...and apparently neither do they

Reactions: savannahfan
I think Pruitt feels that if he pulls JG, the team will go to full blown disruption mode and a civil war will start. JMO. Feels like he will lose the team.

I think you are wrong the players know when another player is not playing up to the standard. Of course they like their teammate and will show empathy but not rebel unless warranted. These guy aren't dumb. In fact some of the Receivers are capable of playing at the next level but no good film with this QB. Now if the backup QB's are terrible in practice they know that too. They could be incredulous if that's the case. We will see. I think Maurer either starts or goes in if JG starts and things are looking the same.

VN Store

Back