Whats really disturbing after this game

The reason Maurer or Shrout are not starting is because a turnover is far worse than a 3-and-out. No arguments there.

The coaches--whose careers and family incomes depend on producing wins--who watch them every day and on film at night, have together determined that JG is still ahead of them in that KEY aspect.

At some point that may change. But the fact that CJP has kept saying that neither backup "has separated himself" from the other in practice, and that both are still backups, says all that needs to be said.

Desparation is an emotional, panic response--not a gameplan.
Ok so lets say in PRACTICE JG is ahead of Shrout and Maurer. We are still 0-2 with JG's supposed three and outs. JG by the way threw a horrible INT last night and the only reason we scored a touchdown in regulation last night is because the BYU defense cant catch. There is no way they are that much worse than him. We are looking 2-10 straight in the eye right now either way and thats if we beat UAB so who cares what QB leads us the worst UT record in history because JG isnt the answer.

Doesn't make sense, except we don't have an offense that can march down the field. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
Yep and they are working like heck...lol...Seriously didn't you or anyone else in that stadium see that last big pass play coming?...I mean it is what UT is known for..Giving up the big play when everyone thinks they got the game in the bag.

Reactions: joevol33
I think Pruitt feels that if he pulls JG, the team will go to full blown disruption mode and a civil war will start. JMO. Feels like he will lose the team.

You think? I don't know. JG does not appear to be much of a leader. And he always looks lost and/ or apprehensive and doesn't have fire in his eyes.

On one of the unsuccessful 15 tries @ 3rd and 3. Chandler once again was waiting nearside in the flat with room to get the first but JG actually pumped the ball coming near side to bring more guys to the party before actually throwing it. Omg. He is horrible. But the dilemma is you may have to call on him later if one of the backups gets injured and then he gives you the finger.

Let JG go to the portal. Give the new guys a chance. It can't get any worse than it is now.

Pick 4 pass route combos - run live speed 10 times each with throw leading receiver that will get you 5-7 yards. Then run 10 times each against full speed defense. Pick the QB who completes the highest %. Let him start! Its a shame two TD’s both caught by Jennings going to get the ball. They were both terrible throws and late. The receiver corp is trying to go make plays and can make plays.

When you can run 4 route combos really well, and blend that with run game then you can at least score sometimes - without having you only scores being interceptions made by our receivers from their defenders.

I think Pruitt feels that if he pulls JG, the team will go to full blown disruption mode and a civil war will start. JMO. Feels like he will lose the team.

Agree. Remember when Richt played the 3rd string QB against Florida because the starter and backup weren’t getting the job done, he was fired after the game. Most coaches play who practices the best. When you don’t, and it doesn’t work out, a new level of pissed off occurs.

Pruitt should be more concerned about the team quitting on him in the film room today after they see how many wide open receivers he never even looked at last night. The team knows what the problem is, you can’t hide that on the tape

I have definitely expected more from A Taylor, but I was more disgusted with Warrior on that play. The guy is a joke.
I’ve honestly come to not expect anything from any of our players anymore. It’s really strange how over the years we have these highly rated guys come in and they give you hope early on and then they get worse over there tenure here. That’s why I don’t get excited about the young guys anymore, this will prolly be the best we get out of them and then in a few years we will be talking about replacing them with freshman. I’ve heard the young thing for far to many years for it to hold any water anymore. Something in this program just isn’t right and hasn’t been for a long time.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
The defense didn’t force a turnover and that was the difference in the game. BYUs only regulation TD came on a short field after that horrible interception.
You say the difference in the game is that the D didn’t create a turnover. Then you say BYU only scored a TD due to a horrible INT. Perhaps, the real difference was the horrible INT.....

& it looks like he even has a cleaner pocket and more time this year, still crapping the bed way more

Is the fact the OL and DL played very well. Very good average by the 2 backs. Only gave up 1 sack and I though JG had a good bit of time to throw. The DL had 4 sacks and BYU had negative rushing yards for awhile. BYU really didnt do much, as UT gift wrapped them 10 points.

Had you told me the 2 lines were going to play like that I would have said UT wins by 3 scores. Its truly hard to believe they still lost (although that last big pass play, I believed it, cuz, you know, it's what they do).
JG sucks. Simple

JG will be the death of Pruitt if he keeps playing him.

Yeap

Pruitt is going to let his determination to stay with JG get his job.

JG is beyond being coached up at this point. He should transfer. This would be best for both parties involved.

If the offensive coaches can’t make one of the other QBs serviceable, they aren’t earning their paychecks and they need to go.

I would like to see BM get chance, but either would be fresh start.

No need to continue with the SOS and hope for better results. That is the definition of INSANITY according to Einstein.

Ok so lets say in PRACTICE JG is ahead of Shrout and Maurer. We are still 0-2 with JG's supposed three and outs. JG by the way threw a horrible INT last night and the only reason we scored a touchdown in regulation last night is because the BYU defense cant catch. There is no way they are that much worse than him. We are looking 2-10 straight in the eye right now either way and thats if we beat UAB so who cares what QB leads us the worst UT record in history because JG isnt the answer.
And that's my point.

Does anybody logically believe that a young, untested-at-this-level QB will suddenly have better cognitive recognition and make faster, better decisions with the added distraction and pressure of 90,000 screaming fans and a television audience... than he does at practice in front of only his coaches and teammates?

If a coach destroys a player's confidence in front of a full stadium, that coach now has two obstacles to overcome before he can develop a successful QB.

And just try recruiting another high school QB once you've demonstrated that you're willing to sacrifice a player's future, just because "the fans demand it" and you've run out of options besides, "well, things couldn't get any worse." For a player, for a coach, for a team, for the future of a program, and even for us fans... YES, there are worse things than another loss, or even a 2-10 season.

Lose the team? We are 0-2 against teams we should have beaten easily. Seems to me we have little or nothing else to lose at this point.

Nothing to do now but put our heads down and battle. Hopefully at some freakin point they will let JG sit, UTC is the PERFECT game to let these freshman play. Our young team will get better, but if we can't get better play out of QB we will not win many. There is NO good reason to not play the freshman, JG had done nothing to show that he can lead this team. Nothing against him, but he just doesn't have it when things go bad he goes into a shell. It is what it is. GBO!!!!!

VN Store

Back