What would you say is the team's biggest weakness?

Exactly. Implying that JJJ is better 3pt shooter is ridiculous. JJJ looks to have become reliable in a small sample size so far. That is great. There is also a difference in the types of 3's that JJJ takes. He is not hunting 3's or taking them as the shot clock expires. He takes feet-set, wide-open, catch and shoot 3's.
JJJ hit 37% from three last year, which is more than serviceable. He hit a 3-pointer just this past game as the shot clock wound down. He has taken as many close to the shot clock expiring as anyone. He has been better in that respect than most give him credit for.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
A consistent 3-point threat. Teams are just going to clamp down in the paint, and so far, we don't have an answer. We are headed into the SEC Schedule, against teams that are athletic, and lean. We'll meet our match, in the paint. We have to be proficient enough at hitting treys to relieve some pressure in the paint. We have to continue to do a good job defending the trey, as well.
Also, it concerns me that we do not have a go to guy, in crunch time. Someone needs to step up.
Between Fulky and Springer I think crunch time is covered

Lack of size, which could get exposed by a school with an Elite post.

Sure Tennessee plays with a 6-9 big man for the most part.......but an “elite” big will hinder a lot of teams.....not just Tennessee.......probably has zero to do with Tennessee playing at 6-9.

Tennessee can play with Johnson at 6-5, James at 6-6, Pons at 6-6, Olivier at 6-8 and Fulkerson at 6-9.......that’s a big lineup......especially seeing Pons can “play” a lot taller than he is.

Nova plays with 6-7 and 6-9 bigs......so far so good for them.

Sure we would love to see Plavsic further along in his skill set. Sure we would love to see more “big” depth......however Tennessee has a lot of options.

“If” Fulkerson got 3 early fouls or fouled out mid second half......it could be bad for Tennessee......but he was in a worse position last year, and now Tennessee has “more” “better” and “more developed” help......not to mention the vastly increased talent level everywhere.

My better you mean by .7% and Vescovi had almost doubled the attempts last year. And then this year Vescovi has two more attempts per game and is only 2.5% lower than JJJ so some context needs to be added to that.
When you say it like that I guess it means Vescovi has almost double the amount of misses from 3 point range then, amazing how stats work.

Vescovi is a better 3 point shooter than James but people’s perception of James’ 3 point shooting is too low, he’s more accurate than most folks realize. Both can be true

Reactions: Lankykong

VN Store

Back