What was the first, best and worst concert you attended?

Went to a million unreal concerts. Can’t remember first. Hard to pick out best but Jimi Hendrix is way up there. Ironically probably the worst was in Nashville seeing the Stones on their country style tour and then one of the best the Stones at the West Palm Beach music festival in 69.

Reactions: MAD
Talkimg about real concerts.

1st: Tool-2007

Best: Tool-2009. Saw Disturbed and Sevendust and Skindred opened for them. Skindred was surprising and were the best of the night.

Worst: No real bad concerts as I have seen several rock, country, and southern rock groups.

Worst:
styx and kansas show at starwood. Kansas did the damn thing but styx fans were definitely out of place it felt like. Styx was ok themselves but their fans tho .. Two different fan bases completely.. might as well been dems and repubs or crips and bloods - that's how different they were from the Kansas fans that came specifically for kansas. I was a younger teenager and went with my older brother .. had a good time but the styx fans were weak AF 🤣 we laughed at them the whole time while styx was performing.. their set couldn't end soon enough. Then them and their fans "sailed away" into the night while the real rock n roll show began 😎 kansas opened with "wayward son" .. blew the styx right out of all their azzez

First Twisted Sister Dokken and Y&T
Best The Melvins The Cure Rush
Worst David Lee Roth
Was Dokken good? I only know them from their song being featured in the Nightmare On Elm Street 4 movie ... "Into the Fire".
I already know Rush was awesome .. and after seeing the cure perform at the Rock HOF show I know they were too. They were the best that night

This is a toughy, I go to tons of concerts 🤨

1st: KISS (I was 9) VBCC Huntsville

Best: Kings of Leon '17 @ First Tennessee Park

Worst: Hank Jr '86, he was wasted

Reactions: OG.V83 and MAD
First: Volunteer Jam 3. the best I can remember was Charlie Daniels, Dobie Gray, Marshall Tucker, Part of the Allman Brothers... Sea Level... Oh and Wet Willie.... There were a bunch more too, but those are the ones I remember

Best: George Benson at the Opry House with an orchestra. The music was so acoustically good it brought tears. Best light show was Blue Oyster Cult. Loudest was Ted Nugent. My ears still ring from that. And actually... I saw The Alan Parsons Project at The Fred in Peach Tree City a couple of years ago, and they were AMAZING. Kansas was awesome. The Dixie Dregs at the Exit Inn were amazing.... It is really hard to decide on just one. In the 70s, I saw a BUNCH of concerts. Nashville was awesome in those days and they were affordable.

Worst: Steve Martin at UT. Not his fault, but he got sick, took a break and didn't return to the stage.. I was supposed to see Lynyrd Skynyrd a week after the plane crash. I still have the unused ticket somewhere.

Andrew Gold only had a couple of hits as a solo act, but he also was largely responsible for Linda Ronstadt's hits as well. I love his guitar work in this video. Added bonus with Skunk Baxter on percussion and Clydie King (RIP) singing backup.

You mentioned Skunk Baxter.... I'll bet many of you didn't know THIS side of him...

I would kill to see David GIlmour. I am so jealous of the Pink Floyd on your resume.
I was in Orlando at my Navy "A" school at the time. A few of us took a little trip to the "Big Sombrero" in Tampa to see them. It was an experience to say the least. Missed the Led Zep show there as I was home on leave at the time.

first was Sly & Family Stone in 1971 at the Civic Coliseum
Best would be impossible to name ....but it was pretty awesome to have Clapton, Santana & Delaney & Bonnie on stage together....and I don't know that anybody is a better showman than Elton John
worst....another tough one but it may have been Mountain....drove to Chattanooga from K-Town to see them and the fire marshall totally ruined the evening

The one performer I regret never seeing was Tina Turner

First- Alan Jackson

Best- perhaps City and Colour. I had front row seats. But David Mayfield Parade always puts on an entertaining show.

Worst- Unfortunately, my worst is also the one I am most thankful I was able to go to. George Jones in Knoxville for his final concert. A week later he was dead.

Luke Bryan was absolute trash, though. Along with the whole Gulf Coast Jam lineup, minus Eric Church.

Reactions: krichunaka and MAD
1st - Goose Creek Symphony and Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show
(Yes I am an old fart!)

Best - Rolling Stones ( in Death Valley) or Michael Jackson (In Neyland)before he got totally weird.

Never really been to a bad one but if I had to pick one it would be Andy Williams only because I don't like him. Ex wife's doings.

Most fun was front of stage security for Poison... can't remember their openers but after the first song the base player stepped up and said I wanna see some tits. LMAO I saw more at ta ta's in about a minute than I have seen my whole life.

I was trying to explain how insane that was to my kids last week (promoting the search for a video). Wasn't there a fire hose involved?

I had seen Sepultura open for Ozzy prior to the Lollapalooza show, so I had experienced some crazy pit action already. That one was indoors and dark, which made it scarier....
Did you ever find a video of that pit? I've been trying to explain it to my wife this evening.

VN Store

Back