What time do we play Thursday?

Good. And if win that, we'd probably turn around and play that Wednesday, right?

Yep, already stated that if UT wins on Mon night then they'll host either Miami or Minnesota on Wed night.

We're the only SEC team left with Ole Miss losing tonight in OT to Illinois St.

I got to dance on stage with MC Hammer at Murphy Center. True story.

In that case, I saw you dance on stage with MC Hammer. That was around '91ish. Seems that it was in the spring. Boyz 2 Men was the opening act. Big choir with the hammer. No wonder he went broke.

lots of misinformation here

Tennessee played AT MTSU about 3 years ago. I was one of the few Vol fans that could get a ticket. They were very difficult to obtain before gametime off the street and prices were a premium. I can't see why a NIT game would be any different.

MTSU would easily sell this game out.

Tennessee Tech has only soldout like three games in their arena's history and one of those was an NIT game against Tennessee.

You guys don't understand how much these schools would value a postseason game against the Vols.

Yes, I was at the game where UT played at Tech. On the first Tech basket, we made it rain with the little tech squares (cheap toilet paper). The refs hit us with a technical.

You go pretty far back then. I saw U2 there back in the late 80's during their Joshua Tree tour and Pearl Jam in the mid 90's. With only Municipal Auditorium to choose from, a lot of bands played at Murphy Center. I can't remember a show being there in some time though. Once Starwood was built and the Arena/GEC/Sommet/Bridgestone arena was built then very few bands played there.

Yeah, my older sister graduated from MTSU in '74. So we were down there a lot when Murphy Center first opened. Elvis actually played four or five shows there spread out over a couple of years. I still have my ticket stub.

In the NCAA tournament, I saw the Vols play Notre Dame in basketball there. That was either spring of '79 or '80 (I think?). We were tied with Notre Dame at the half but lost. Johnny Darden was a senior. That might of been Devoe's first year. The first game that day was Lamar vs Michigan State. We watched it too. Michigan State was lead by some freshman we never heard of named Ervin Johnson. They ended up winning the National Championship that year. And that unknown kid became known as Magic Johnson.

VN Store

Back