What stuck out to you today?

Get in the portal or wherever and find some defensive players. The only way I would be happy if this defense is actually good but the defense is that much better.

Thats because he is. Confirmed 4.3. 10.5 in the 100 meter. He has legit homerun speed. Spent his whole senior year training, because North Carolina didn't play football until the Spring semester
Yup, if and when the game slows down for him and gets a grasp of the offense , guy will be better than Eric gray .

I didn’t get to watch all of game but I think it is promising the offense looked explosive and it appears BM and HB may push each other to get better with competition. I still think the ceiling is 7 wins but I think this team will at least be fun to watch.

What stuck out to me was how poorly the defense was playing. I think we'll see more experienced faces out there (Banks etc) once the season starts and the defense will not be quite as porous. However, that also means once those first team D guys leave the field, there's not much depth behind them apparently, which is scary to think about after today.

Reactions: Border Vol
Bailey and Maurer seem like locks for QB1/QB2; I was surprised Hooker seemed to struggle as much as he did. I was pleasantly surprised that the running game looks so solid...as fun as it would be to watch Beckwith run over people, the defense may need him more. Small seems like the starter there.
We have 2-3 really good running backs. They will have a good year. The Line looked better today than anytime last year. As expected, the WRs looked better coached than any in the last 2-3 years.

What stuck out to me was how poorly the defense was playing. I think we'll see more experienced faces out there (Banks etc) once the season starts and the defense will not be quite as porous. However, that also means once those first team D guys leave the field, there's not much depth behind them apparently, which is scary to think about after today.
Hoping they hit the portal hot and heavy for defensive players.

Reactions: TJVol95
Defense is the main concern. Granted, with razor thin depth it is hard to tell how good you are with a split squad but we got very little push upfront and QBs were rarely pressured (didn't see the whole game but picked up around mid 2Q). The defensive depth we need to have w/this style of offense is years away. Offense wasn't offensive for the first time in a long time. We will score some points for a change.

Overall the game is what we expected save HB really separating himself as the #1 going into fall. With a wide open competition I liked the fight our QBs had....

Reactions: Border Vol
Was glad to see the vertical throws, looks like they're working a lot on this in practice.

Bailey looks a little quicker and leaner, looked to want to prove something. Mauer has a good release, threw some nice balls. Hooker the least best passer, but could run the RPO with the QB as a real threat. I think we'll be solid here, but keep in mind there was no pass rush today.

The RB's and OL look solid. We're could set a few records on offense this fall, hopefully good ones, like total yds, etc.

Why is that??
The up tempo pace requires a leaner, better conditioned athlete. Notice we aren’t even recruiting Hood. Plus we let the Gooch kid go. Guys that are 350 plus are not good fits.

We’re going to be implementing a better version of Butch’s offense, with far better position coaches, especially on the OL.

VN Store

Back