What stage of grief are you in?

Which of the 5 stages of grief are you currently in for TN football?

• Denial (It isn’t that bad)

• Anger (Fire every person working at UT)

• Bargaining (We are a basketball school now)

• Depression (Will Tennessee football ever be relevant again?)

• Acceptance (It is what it is, I’m moving on)

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are also 7- and 12-stage explications of the grief process.
I thought the 7-stage (and its accompanying emotions) seemed especially reflective of our situation:
  • Shock and denial (mourning, sadness, confusion, discomfort)
  • Pain and guilt (sadness, guilt, desperation, betrayed)
  • Anger and bargaining (anger, resentment, bargaining, stubbornness)
  • Depression, reflection, loneliness (depression, heavy, crushed, frustrated)
  • The upward turn (strengthened, motivated, awakened)
  • Reconstruction and working through (inspired, determined, refreshed)
  • Acceptance and hope (hopeful, comforted, relaxed, secure)

It's easier when you step back and remember that, in the grand scheme of things, football doesn't really matter.

I’m in therapy now with Dr. Jack Fire. He puts this cinnamon twist on all my troubles that’s really uplifting.
I feel so much better now.

Go VOLS

Reactions: Fightmaker
I think this describes my approach to UT football now pretty well. Declaring my numbness (and even believing it) but underneath, subconsciously seething with rage.

I’m in therapy now with Dr. Jack Fire. He puts this cinnamon twist on all my troubles that’s really uplifting.
I feel so much better now.

Go VOLS

Cut it half with ginger ale. It will change your life, for better or worse.

Reactions: Ratvol
I'm one of the few who voted it isn't that bad.

Cause it's not.

Like who cares anymore. Football shouldn't affect your moods. Life must go on. There's more things happening around the world to worry about than UT Football.

Nothing we can say or do will make the idiots at UT hire winners. All we can do is go along for the ride.

Funnel cakes anyone??!

We will get there. Just don't let it bother you is all I'm saying.

That's a very good point.
No it’s not. You’re a moderator on a message board that is devoted to the University of Tennessee Athletics. And with over 6.3 million posts made concerning the football program.

I don't allow things like this to affect me. At the end of the day, this has zero impact on my life.

I love my Vols, but I learned a long time ago to only worry about things I can change or control.

Felt grief when Mom and Dad died, this is just a game. Penn state seemed to do ok after their scandal, I expect Tennessee will be fine in time.

Reactions: buckfama
There was a time when this used to upset me for days. Then I realized as an adult I can't let 18-23 year old dictate my life/happiness. I was blessed to be in school in 1998. But these days, I've accepted the numbness that Tennessee football has provided. I can't share my passion with my kids because they've grown up with this debacle. If you're under 25 years of age, you have no idea what it was like to be great.

Not grief. Just determination. My baptism into Tennessee football was not with a winning program. It was watching guys named Streater, Finch, Mayo, Cofer, Wampler, and several others struggle to build what had been lost.

When we fall we fall hard. Nature of the beast when you live in a state that isn't as fully-loaded with talent as you see in the Deep South.

Building it back to competitive fighting shape will not be as difficult as it used it be. Improved transportation and the centrality of Tennessee compared to the population base of the country makes us a strong alternative for any kid who wants to leave their native state while not going all that far away.

Get a focused professional in the athletic director's spot. Bring in an actual adult with proven experience into the head coach's spot. Try some positive public relations with your fanbase instead of trying to pin the blame for every single thing that has went wrong on them. It'll be surprising to see just how quickly things can turn around.

The poll results would make it seem that we have a Fanbase that has it much more together than I know that we do

giphy.gif

I was happy on Monday, numb on Tuesday, and uptight Wednesday and today thinking about what Conehead and his minions have done to the program. Hopefully, when a new AD is hired, I will move on to acceptance and a realistic outlook for the future.

VN Store

Back