What record would make you worry?

And Ga St and BYU were the obvious red flags CJP was clueless.
And USCjr would be the same? That was the discussion. That seems way overboard...

The bigger point was no 1 game defines a team or HC. That team ran the table down the stretch. Fulmer lost to Memphis...should we have fired him? Lol.

Ain’t this the truth?! Come on y’all, how many games have we won but lost in the last few years, much less the last 15-20, because of “luck” be it refs, bounce of the ball, faking injuries or whatever. Last time I remember the ball bouncing our way was against Ark in 98. First time I noticed it going down hill was the Jabar Gaffney “touch down” against Florida. Hopefully the curse has lifted.

Dude, you gotta admit though-the Arkansas fumble in 98 could have been some kind of metaphysical Faustian bargain made at the time.

Something along the line of-your national title hopes for THIS year will remain intact, but for the next 25 years every borderline call will go against you.

Considering how "close" some of those 90s teams were without ever getting over the hump, I'm not so sure I would not have jumped at the offer in 98.

Reactions: SATX VOL
Assuming we have a healthy team, I would hope 8-4, slightly unsettled with a healthy team going 7-5. "HEALTHY" being the operative word here.

And USCjr would be the same? That was the discussion. That seems way overboard...

The bigger point was no 1 game defines a team or HC. That team ran the table down the stretch. Fulmer lost to Memphis...should we have fired him? Lol.

Cmon...Fulmer was a proven commodity in the SEC.

And i wouldnt and didn't advocate for firing anyone However if we dont take care of SC this year my momey would be on CJH not being here in 4 years.

I may be wrong and hope i am. But after embarrassing them last year to turn around amd lose to them this year...wouldnt bode well for the future.

4 sure wins
2 sure losses
6 toss ups - should expect to win half or more of these.
6-6 or worse is a failure. 7-5 holds serve. 8-4 or better is a win.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Dude, you gotta admit though-the Arkansas fumble in 98 could have been some kind of metaphysical Faustian bargain made at the time.

Something along the line of-your national title hopes for THIS year will remain intact, but for the next 25 years every borderline call will go against you.

Considering how "close" some of those 90s teams were without ever getting over the hump, I'm not so sure I would not have jumped at the offer in 98.
This could of easily of been the case.

7-5 or worse shows a very similar trajectory as the past few failed coaches.

Doesn’t matter in the end though. CJH is gonna get 5 years to do whatever he’s gonna do. Hopefully what he does is win a ton of games and get an extension.

For this year, what record would make you worried for the future?

I’m expecting us to be 8-4 at worst, but for me, anything worse than that would have me worried. With this team, there’s no excuse for us to be worse than that.

Everything is so relative. What if we went 6-0 beating Florida, LSU and Bama and in the process lost a bunch of dudes to injury and dropped 5 of the last 6, going 7-5. We'd all still be delighted! Hypothetical records mean nothing without context.

VN Store

Back