What "popular" singer says or bands you think are overrated or terrible

All eras have their merits. However from 1966-1974 the Stones were absolutely on fire with...

Aftermath
Between the Buttons
Their Satanic Majesties Request
Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main Street
Goats Head Soup
It's Only Rock and Roll

Mick Taylor added another dimension to the band.

Sex Pistols...

And in 1977, Johnny Rotten and Paul Cook of the Sex Pistols were beaten and stabbed by patriotic drunks in a parking lot by a London pub. The drunks were angry about the band’s song “God Save the Queen.” It was a bad week for Cook, who was beaten again the next day by a group of men with iron pipes.

Read more: http://sixxsense.iheart.com/onair/s...-18th-matters-in-rock-15905190/#ixzz4kMwyXDIA

I have to disagree on Rush. Their musicianship is phenomenal, and Neal Peart is the GOAT.

Just a sidebar regarding Neal Peart. For years it has driven me crazy that everyone mispronounces his name. Peart is NOT pronounced "Pert" like the shampoo! It's pronounced "Peert"

OK, carry on! :p:

Last edited:
Just a sidebar regarding Neal Peart. For years it has driven me crazy that everyone mispronounces his name. Peart is NOT pronounced "Pert" like the shampoo! It's pronounced "Peert"

OK, carry on! :p:

His middle name is "not as good as bonham."

Not sure how you can overrate a modern pop singer. Most people know what they are.

I will not deny his business acumen and I even say he is a good rapper but I never understood how people have Jay-Z in GOAT rap territory.

Jay-Z is freaking horrible IMO

Chesney is Jimmy Buffet light. He's the zima of beach/party/country music.

Oh I agree he's tries a little hard to be like Buffet. He used to have a makeshift beach at his shows and you had to get special tickets to "be on the beach."

I will give KC credit though, he lives a really good life down in the Caribbean, that would be very ideal for me

VN Store

Back