What Other Message Boards are Saying-SC Edition

volsrock09

A lot of posters seem to be upset with Hill being named their QB
Good to see Muschamp name a starter.
Now Hilinski will enter the transfer portal in 5 4 3 2 1 ......
The good news is we know he’s not transferring back west . I don’t know guys , this just seems like a bad move . If the competition was as neck and neck as they claim then give the Nod to the kid that you threw to the wolves last year . He got beat to a pulp , played hurt and had nothing around him on offense . Really don’t like this move . Sure Hill is gonna be more familiar with the system but I just don’t like it at all . If Hill has a Joe Burrow type year I’ll eat crow but I would bet the house that ain’t gonna happen . This has the makings of an epic trainwreck.
Colorado state Gamecocks
lets hope, and lets hope it isnt JUST BECAUSE he played under Bobo..
There will be no difference this year. Same oline coach, no established RB and even less at WR. I’m not sure there is a winner in this QB battle.
Doty at WR???
Has taken some snaps at WR, but is mainly (I think) currently 3rd string QB.
Still claiming UT is dirty??? hahaha
He hasn't survived a full season since high school, lets see how this goes.
Oh and Rocky Bottom is dirty so Ryan may see the field sooner than anyone guesses.
THIS! We all know how they like to go after bad knees (Marcus).
They arent keen on their QB track record with Muschamp
For Ryan's sake, I hope he transfers. This staff is toxic to QBs. He deserves better...much better.
As history as shown us we need 2 capable QB's, especially the schedule we have. No way Hill survives this year without any mishap, especially with 2 or 3 torn ACL's. I hope he stays healthy but I can't remember the last time we went through a year with a healthy QB.
This sounds familiar
We all get it, you love RH... but explain how he deserves better? He got beat out for his position. In a sense, it sounds like you are wanting to award him a "participation trophy" start because he had to play as a true freshman. You honestly think that a coach is going to start a guy who they don't believe is the best guy to start, because of loyalty???

And for those who want to talk about Hill isn't an SEC qb, the only reason we didn't offer him out of Dorman HS was because we had Brandon McIllwain already slated to come in. Bobo had been recruiting Hill from his days at Georgia. I trust Bobo's ability to judge a QB.
They trashed hill the entire post
Gimpy McHill transferred here b/c he knew he wouldn't get the starting gig at CSU with the new coach. His only chance was to follow Bobo here. Bobo wants "his" guy in there, so that's who we're stuck with. Bobo's first major decision is a flop. Not a good sign for the offense this season. The decision was certainly made based on loyalty...just to the wrong guy.
I would love to know the phantom calls theyre referring to.
The UT game is never a normal well called game. It’s always a bunch of phantom calls (and non calls)that generally go against us. Add in a glass tiger at QB, and this is a recipe for disaster.

I am holding out hope that this is simply a teaching type situation for 1 or 2 games at most ! Hopefully what they are doing is have RH with Bobo on the sidelines coaching him up in real time & by game 3 RH is back in there. I also HATE to say this but they may think that with us getting the Viles & then Gators Maybe keep Ryan a little healthier for the back end of the schedule & letting him start up on the 3rd game against Vandy maybe the best way to hopefully get him through the season. Those first 2 games could wind up being hard on a QB's health so to speak. I , myself , have some reservations on the Oline & I am not sure that being named the game 1 starter against Tenn is really a "plum" situation. Whoever is back there is going to take some pretty stiff hits those first couple of games. Just my 2 cents..

Honeymoon is over for Muschamp

5 years into Muschamp’s tenure the (Supposedly) best option we have at QB is an injury prone grad transfer from Colorado State (of the MWC) who has played just one season’s worth of games in 4 years and hasn’t started a full season of football since 2015 in high school.

Pardon me for not breaking out the bubbly.

Spot on. You are dead on that our coaches wouldn't have given Hill a nanosecond of thought were it not for Bobo coming here. We didn't want him out of high school and we wouldn't have wanted him as a grad transfer, save for Bobo coming here. And the only reason he transferred is b/c he knew he wouldn't get the starting gig at CSU...think about THAT...our starting QB couldn't hack it in the MWC.

What the heck does Bobo even know about the kid? In the span of 4 years, he's amassed only as much game experience as Ryan did just last year. It's not like he has a long track record of success.

The WORST defense in the SEC absolutely shut Hill down last year. I don't know what people think we're getting here.

They are concerned about the agressiveness or lack thereof with Bobo

His reputation is conservative as a play caller. His comments during the QB battle have led me to believe that he’s going to be even more conservative as a play caller.

Exactly right. I think no matter who the starter is, we’ll see some combination of all three guys play this season. All three could potentially play qb in any one game. As was posted earlier, Bobo’s mettle as the oc will be put to the test in games 4-10. Other teams will have a sample size of his Playcalling.

I personally want to see the gloves come off the offense, and do whatever it takes to move the ball and score points. As a head coach, this is definitely Muschamp’s last chance.

Most of their talk that is solely focused on UT is the recruiting and how UT is out recruiting them thus far in this cycle.
Not sure they are “ distancing themselves “
Our recent class includes 5 star Burch
Basically a 5 star RB in Lloyd
Highly rated LB in Kaba. 4 star DT in Huntley
Highly regarded DE in Tonka
Fast multi talented highly rated Doty
Could list others but you get the point
As far as this current class none have signed for anyone plus with this year not allowing camps who knows on many commits at schools
While we've signed some individuals that are highly ranked, we're still barely in the middle of the pack in our own conference as far as total class rankings.

Tennesse signed a top 10 recruiting class last year, and are currently at number 6 in the national rankings. By comparison, we are currently at no. 41 with just one 4 star and zero 5 star commits.

Based on that and how they destroyed us last year on the field, it's going to be really hard to convince anyone they aren't distancing themselves from us if they have a repeat performance this season.

Most posts have been their displeasure of Hill and how he wouldn't have even went to SC if not for Bobo...The threads I found had little UT and I will update next week if I find anything regarding UT.....IT IS ALMOST TIME

ADDED:

I'm becoming more confident. They had 44 players out last week. If they sat for 10 days we might be more prepared, but then I think back to UVA, UNC, ad infinitum and my confidence begins to shatter.
Unfortunately our coaching staff will be in attendance
I have no confidence whatsoever our coaching staff can design a game plan that will beat the viles.
I know it's crazy but don't forget Champ is 7-1 against the Vols. Last year just left a bit of a sting since they beat us so soundly.

Hopeful George Bobo, who is supposedly on staff as an advisor to the head coach, can help Muschamp let go of micromanaging to the detriment of the team.
If they had that many players not getting reps dues to Covid, we might have a good chance against them because of the rust they have. Then again, Clemson had half of their football team out because of the virus and they, as much as I hate him, looked pretty sharp in their games.
Luckily our players will, just wait Freddie. The Defense is winning this game

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Dustchump is toast as a HC in the SEC...will have been fired by 2 schools in the east without ever winning an SEC title, did he ever even win the East at gaynesville?

2012 UF and UGA both finished SEC play at 7-1, but UGA beat them head to head, so ... no, he never won the SEC East.
That was as close as he has ever gotten.
I hate that for the guy.

Yeah, I'm curious what phantom calls they are referring to as well. The only reason the game was as close as it was last year was Tanner and Muschamp got the Squeaky wheel treatment after they (rightfully) complained about the UF-USCe officiating. USCe got several favorable calls in our game last year that kept the game closer than it should have been.

Gimpy McHill

iu

The UT game is never a normal well called game. It’s always a bunch of phantom calls (and non calls)that generally go against us.

This guy must have watched a completely different game last seson than the one I watched.

Or the face mask before the missed field goal? Or them continuously missing the goal line TD calls and having to change via review. Or #24 Mukuamu holding all. dang. game.

Or us stopping the RB before the goal one several times and they automatically called every one a TD. 2 of them got return, but 1 didn't and they got the TD. Don't even get me started on the 2018 fumble situation. That cost us the game. The refs have favoured USC Jr in our series of late and it's not even close.

Last edited:
Or us stopping the RB before the goal one several times and they automatically called every one a TD. 2 of them got return, but 1 didn't and they got the TD. Don't even get me started on the 2018 fumble situation. That cost is the game. The refs have favoured USC Jr in our series of late and it's not even close.
That’s exactly what I was referencing! It was pretty blatant my dude.

Anyone else remember the outrage when SC was whining about the refs screwing them vs Florida for a “40 yard holding call”.....well, about 3 weeks earlier...this happened (6:50 in video)...no outrage then...

Or us stopping the RB before the goal one several times and they automatically called every one a TD. 2 of them got return, but 1 didn't and they got the TD. Don't even get me started on the 2018 fumble situation. That cost us the game. The refs have favoured USC Jr in our series of late and it's not even close.
Those goal line calls were atrocious. They were just hoping the cameras didn't have angles on the reviews lol

VN Store

Back