What Other Message Boards are Saying-SC Edition

They are going to be relying on their D to win. I just hope JG doesn't help them with that. But maybe his fragile nature wont be as damaged without a packed house.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
They are going to be relying on their D to win. I just hope JG doesn't help them with that. But maybe his fragile nature wont be as damaged without a packed house.
He led every single go ahead drive our last 6 games, games we just happened to win with a couple of them being on the road. I don't think he's fragile and doubt his teammates do either.

I used to like SC. Usually a good game, they play tough and I like them being in the SEC. I even liked them when Spurrier was there. But I can't stand Muschump. Hope we smoke em'! But I hope they do well enough throughout the year to keep Muschamp there....so we can smoke em' again at home next year. I just want us to drive that guy nuts.

He led every single go ahead drive our last 6 games, games we just happened to win with a couple of them being on the road. I don't think he's fragile and doubt his teammates do either.
Fragile is the LEAST accurate word to describe him...dude has taken more of a beaten than arguably any QB in UT history..

Fragile is the LEAST accurate word to describe him...dude has taken more of a beaten than arguably any QB in UT history..
No kidding, he literally couldn't tie his own shoes because of all the shiny new screws he had in his broken hand when he played his best football. Play of the year might have been when he dove into the pile vs Ky to recover a fumbled football at a key moment and spot in the 2nd half of a big win, he didn't think slow or show anything similar to fragile to me, as the neverJG crowd insists he is, on that possible game saving play.

Vs Ky was his best gam imho.
I thought that game he really showed us the type of QB play we must have to win games in this league. He also did that off the bench, on the road in a pretty tough environment. Below is a good recap, good call on it being his best game. I like Pruitt's quote when talking about QB play and why he made the change at halftime:

""Some of the throws were there and we made a change and obviously we were better there," Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said. "We didn't change any calls. We executed better."

We've got a bunch that claim we ran 2 different game plans for BM and JG which I think Pruitt clearly states that didn't happen in this game.

Tennessee vs. Kentucky - Game Recap - November 9, 2019 - ESPN

Or....it could have something to do with their offense not scoring at all in the second half..
Read the article below, listen to the interview, our head coach seems to think we wouldn't had won that game without JGs play. I guess you both can be right but I'm gonna go with Pruitt over the VN coaching staff's view as he's been right a bunch here lately.

I thought that game he really showed us the type of QB play we must have to win games in this league. He also did that off the bench, on the road in a pretty tough environment. Below is a good recap, good call on it being his best game. I like Pruitt's quote when talking about QB play and why he made the change at halftime:

""Some of the throws were there and we made a change and obviously we were better there," Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said. "We didn't change any calls. We executed better."

We've got a bunch that claim we ran 2 different game plans for BM and JG which I think Pruitt clearly states that didn't happen in this game.

Tennessee vs. Kentucky - Game Recap - November 9, 2019 - ESPN
LOL at the bunch that thinks we have two different game plans.
We can't execute one game plan most of the time.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Was that before or after being benched for boneheaded or ineffective play?
Why does it matter, he came through for us and did his part in every win, looks like a Vol fan would be happy with that. Hard to blame him for the GA loss as that was all BM, the FL loss was a total team debacle as every single position group played bad not just JG. It's also the game Pruitt had the team meeting and cleared house running off several players including a couple of starters and including the benching of JG as well as giving lots of young players more playing time from there on out. I think officiating effected the score of the Alabama game as much as JGs rogue play. You guys forget that the score was 21-13, with JG already in the game in the 3rd when after cutting into the lead our defense had apparently held them to their 3rd straight 3rd and out only to have the official call the bogus roughing the passer penalty on Taylor. They proceeded to march it right down our throats with Harris and scored to go up 28-13, possibly a 14 point swing as Bama was going to have to punt, always an adventure with them, and we were going to have good field position. Pruitt even mentioned the awful officials in his own subtle way after the game. The phoney official timeout in the redzone on 1st and goal likely cost us 4 points and hard to estimate what impact the bogus targeting call on Bituli cost us. You want to pin the 1st 2 losses on him fine but gonna be hard for you to disclaim the wins he had as if he gets all the blame for the losses I'm gonna give him credit for the wins.

Anyone that pins the first two losses last year on anyone other than the staff is grasping.
I think so too. Not having Bituli and Thompson didn't help, especially Bituli that early vs those 2 teams and the style offenses they ran. Our LB crew was also evidently having troubles as Pruitt ran 2 starting LBs off after the Fl debacle. We'll see but I bet we get off to a much better start this season as I don't think we could have handpicked a better 3 game start that we've been giving.

I think so too. Not having Bituli and Thompson didn't help, especially Bituli that early vs those 2 teams and the style offenses they ran. Our LB crew was also evidently having troubles as Pruitt ran 2 starting LBs off after the Fl debacle. We'll see but I bet we get off to a much better start this season as I don't think we could have handpicked a better 3 game start that we've been giving.
Flushing the Butch, there was that.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Read the article below, listen to the interview, our head coach seems to think we wouldn't had won that game without JGs play. I guess you both can be right but I'm gonna go with Pruitt over the VN coaching staff's view as he's been right a bunch here lately.
I don’t disagree with you, I was just referencing the fact that the SC fan said that the “flow of the game” wasn’t that lopsided...he must’ve only watched the first half.

Worley took more of a beating than JG imo. It wasn't much more though.

Two of the toughest individuals to ever put on Tennessee orange.

Reactions: gnm53108
lol. He was there for those drives. Led is a strong word. JG is no leader.

I hope they got extra boo's to pump through the speakers like the Philly Eagles have for the QB.

VN Store

Back