What Other Fans Are Saying About The Call At the End

I normally don't do this, but I have a conspiracy theory about the NCAA. Since Tennessee did its due diligence and conducted its own investigation, and coaches/players involved were fired or transferred out, the NCAA feels left out of the process. Because of this, the NCAA has informed the SEC and other conferences to send their worst crews to work Tennessee games. You know, the "we'll get them one way or the other" method. Crazy, I know. Excessive Jack Daniels and BVS will do that to a person.

This take has no basis in fact, only in assumption based on events.

No, watched it from 236 in Nissan Stadium, felt bad for the guy, he overthought basic football philosophy several times today, ended up losing a meaningless bowl game in an embarrassing way, in front of the midstate recruits and a national TV audience, the only thing sadder was watching Burrell get two pass interference flags in a row only to get humiliated on a single coverage fall down TD romp by a freshman receiver Tennessee probably wouldn't recruit anyway, you can spin it all day, but Tennessee flopped as a 5 point favorite in front of a home crowd, Tennessee fans expected more with 20 extra days of practice, meaningless doesn't excuse the embarrassment in Nashville
I don't know what's more pathetic, your take on things or the posters who like it.

Alot of other fans agree we got hosed bad. Let’s use it and go into the off-season and come out with a chip on our shoulder for next year.

One thing we can control is execution and if you execute you probably aren’t gonna be in OT on a 4th and 2 with Purdue.

No, watched it from 236 in Nissan Stadium, felt bad for the guy, he overthought basic football philosophy several times today, ended up losing a meaningless bowl game in an embarrassing way, in front of the midstate recruits and a national TV audience, the only thing sadder was watching Burrell get two pass interference flags in a row only to get humiliated on a single coverage fall down TD romp by a freshman receiver Tennessee probably wouldn't recruit anyway, you can spin it all day, but Tennessee flopped as a 5 point favorite in front of a home crowd, Tennessee fans expected more with 20 extra days of practice, meaningless doesn't excuse the embarrassment in Nashville
I hope you lost money on this game. That would possibly justify your frustration level here.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
It’s trending on Twitter too. I would say 99% of the comments are in favor of Vols. People with massive social media followings are talking about it.
View attachment 424784
Peter Burns of ESPN called it worst officiating call "in the history of college football." A bit of hyperbole, but I appreciate the acknowlegement.

I had to take some time to cool off, but after watching the game again... we should never have been in a position to get screwed, we wasted so many scoring chances.

That said, and I am not usually a person to buys into the "we got screwed" crowd... but holy cow did we get hosed by those refs, and all freaking night too. It was even worse than the Ole Miss game.

VN Store

Back